Code of Conduct

Default Lucky No.6......a hidden gem?????

Glad the forum is BACK! Nice! Awesome.

I would like to hear from some owners of Lucky No.6 by Lucky Brand (Liz Claiborne)??

Last Saturday night I had the perplexing look in my side of the medicine cabinet and wondered what to put on to go out to the bar to see some Alumni. Unforgiveable, L'Homme, Traditional, Lucky No.6, or Allure Sport silver???

I put on Lucky Number 6, about 6 sprays to the neck area (it's a fine mist spray and I have to use a lot to get it to really last) ...let me tell you all I got 3 "You smell good" from 3 girls when I kissed them goodbye...lol. No BS.

I cant figure out what No.6 smells like but whatever it is, it's good. I'm thinking a weird type of Drakkar with a Plum note in it? I dont know but maybe some feedback would be great. I honestly think this ones a hidden gem. The next 2 time's I go out I will wear it again and see if theres more positive reactions.

Any other owners out there of this fragrance? What do YOU think?

Good to see the site up and runnin!!!!!!!
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

P.S. F' Imus...Stern is King!

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Lucky No.6......a hidden gem?????

If I remember...doesn't Thrax like this?

(yelling) THRAX!!!

I tried to like it (tested a mini) but I didn't. Not for me, I guess.

One of the better Liz Claiborne's fragrances, that's for sure.

I revisited this one last week from a sample vial, I was enthralled with the top notes straight out of the vial but the dry down didn't quite agree with me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by breeze11 View Post
    One of the better Liz Claiborne's fragrances, that's for sure.
    Agreed. It reminds me of Curve Soul...only a bit better. It's nice, I like the sandalwood, but it still has the Claiborne genericness.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Love the bottle, but the scent wears as just another "fresh" on me.

Nice feedback, much thanks!

I find that the bottle actually sprays "Mist-like" the Chinese writing is cool as well, the purple bottle is great to show the Plum notes. Theres more forceful spray colognes that when they come out usually, for me at least, 3 sprays is too much or plenty. For some reason this Lucky No.6 comes out like a fine mist! lol So when you put it on, 6 sprays are like 3.

The sillage doesn't last as long as other big names YET ....it has that nightime plum scent. I dont know what it smells like as far as comparing it to other colognes but Christ...lol..this bottle is like 25 bucks on Scentedmonkey.com and it smells great IMHO.

Almost like a modern day Brut by faberge'...lmao.

Anyway, the wife thinks I'm f-in nuts...I'm still trying out colognes when I'm at the mall...this stuff's addictive!

BTW...I tried that KISS for Him cologne and Holy S*@T...lol.....Simmons went way overboard with the CUMIN note!!!!! Yekk! The drydown to me smelled a bit like JPG original, funny...they all hop on the bandwagon since JPG is HUGE and they all copy it in drydowns. The Cumin Spanish food smell just kills the whole cologne.

I'm dabbling in Versaceman Eau Fraiche???? Too fresh and flighty???? Gotta try this the next time I go to the mall. Dunhill Pursuits drydown was too spicy old to me.

Thanks all for your comments.
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

I really liked the bottle design and I thought it was going to be a nice oriental, but I was surprised to find it was just another "fresh" scent that is so common nowadays. I was quite disappointed.

But more of a "dark fresh" if that is a new invented way to explain No.6...it has a fresh smell yet just a bit of the plum note to give it a deep scent as well. weird.

When I first tried this 2 months ago I was Wow'ed because I smelled that Dark fresh that I havent smelled before in a while since the Drakkar Days. To me back in the day when I wore Drakkar it was a scent where you leave the gym or a workout, shower, then put it on YET it worked as a nightime scent as well.

Thats what No.6 reminds me of.

Drakkar, and a disappointing drydown. I'm still trying to get rid of my 3.4oz, I've only worn it maybe three times.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

It's alright. I'm not sure what to think of the longevity as I can't really remember for sure.

Thrax

Well I heard my name being called out so I had to say something. However, it was not me that liked this stuff. I did sample it a few days ago when on a recent trip to the mall. I thought that it wasnt bad, but just not for me. Perhaps I just need to give it a few more chances. But I did get the nice "plum" note. Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I think about sending Rich a message proposing a swap....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Squire View Post
    But more of a "dark fresh" if that is a new invented way to explain No.6...
    Dark fresh...I like that. I just dug out one of my samples of this & sprayed some on the back of my hand. I get the "dark fresh" thing. It's really not a bad scent at all. It just leaves something to be desired. That said, though...I can see myself getting the lil .5oz one that sells for $10 @ Wal-Mart & using it as a filler frag. The longevity lacking, though...& the drydown is pretty blah, so we'll see.
    Last edited by CologneJunkie; 20th August 2007 at 01:47 AM.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

yea...strange!!!! Thats the only way I can describe it...lol...."Dark-Fresh" those two words together seems like a brain bender or something but it really IS true.

The longevity kinda sucks so it definately needs a lot of spritzes but I tell ya COLONGEJUNKIE.....Theres is definately something about this fragrance as cheap as it is...it works!! Good stuff...it'll grow on you. Like I said..got 3 compliments on that when I wore it out 2 Saturdays ago. Because I think it is out of left field from the usual popular JPG scents and "pop" style of notes people are used to.

Got a suggestion to try Sexual by M.Germain and I wanted to try Versaceman eau fraiche....it smelled good on a card...very fresh and ultra laundry clean notes in it...smells very airy ultra fresh.