Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Default Re: Nasty SA at Nordstroms

Quote Originally Posted by tdi View Post
    This thread has gotten very interesting. I think that every person be they a neurosurgeon or the french fry maker at McDonalds owes it to the public to be the best they can be at their job....to give their 100% . I am and ICU nurse and believe me, I get to work with the public every day and I get treated some days like I'm a waitress or slave at best. Many people appreciate the fact that they have hot french fries more than they appreciate that I may have kept them or their family member alive that day. Every one has a bad day at work now and then but in my opinion it is never acceptable to act like you are having one. I don't think anyone wants to be lying in my ICU thinking I am having a bad day and trying to take care of them. I in return expect the same courtesy when I am the consumer and no one is ever going to convince me that it is asking too much of someone who deals with the public.
    Amen.
    "Are you a god?"
    "No"
    "Are you a wizard?"
    "No"
    "Are you a man?"
    "No"
    "Then what are you?"
    "I am awake.."
    Currently wearing: Aramis by Aramis

I think that every person be they a neurosurgeon or the french fry maker at McDonalds owes it to the public to be the best they can be at their job....to give their 100% . I am and ICU nurse and believe me, I get to work with the public every day and I get treated some days like I'm a waitress or slave at best. Many people appreciate the fact that they have hot french fries more than they appreciate that I may have kept them or their family member alive that day. Every one has a bad day at work now and then but in my opinion it is never acceptable to act like you are having one. I don't think anyone wants to be lying in my ICU thinking I am having a bad day and trying to take care of them. I in return expect the same courtesy when I am the consumer and no one is ever going to convince me that it is asking too much of someone who deals with the public.
    If you are saying that everyone should try to do his or her best job, then I agree with you wholeheartedly. That is what I do all day, every day. If I fall short of my best on some occasion, and you happen to be that customer, I hope that you will see the earnestness of my intentions. Is that fair?

However, I would not hold every profession to the same standard. If a neurosurgeon makes a mistake, someone dies. If a store associate makes a mistake, someone doesn't get the perfume that he or she wants. Part of the reason that neurosurgeons make so much more money than store associates is because we hold neurosurgeons to a very high standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    If you are saying that everyone should try to do his or her best job, then I agree with you wholeheartedly. That is what I do all day, every day. If I fall short of my best on some occasion, and you happen to be that customer, I hope that you will see the earnestness of my intentions. Is that fair?

However, I would not hold every profession to the same standard. If a neurosurgeon makes a mistake, someone dies. If a store associate makes a mistake, someone doesn't get the perfume that he or she wants. Part of the reason that neurosurgeons make so much more money than store associates is because we hold neurosurgeons to a very high standard.
    I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. What I was saying is I expect of others no less than I expect of myself. I take pride in my work and professionalism and I think that no matter what you do that should be the case. I tell my children I don't care if they srcub toilets for a living , they better be the best toilet scrubber. This is not about how much money some one makes it is about having a work ethic. For example I have a horrible temper and I can be very mouthy. None of my co workers (except my best friend )know this because I have never allowed myself the self indulgence of acting like an ass at work. Everyone should be held to the same standard, and that is to strive for excellence. Some days we are closer to doing an excellent job than others. It is the pursuit of excellence that counts and that people see and judge us on. Oh, and by the way, neurosurgeons make as much money as they do for the same reason Bill Gates does...supply and demand of their product not the standard we hold them to. Enough said.

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree.

. . .

Everyone should be held to the same standard, and that is to strive for excellence. Some days we are closer to doing an excellent job than others. It is the pursuit of excellence that counts and that people see and judge us on.
    I do not think that we disagree at all on the main point. You and I both believe that everyone should "strive for excellence," and we both agree that "[s]ome days we are closer to doing an excellent job than others." I think that is all that we can expect of other people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by richyac View Post
    yay for a fellow marylander!!. but yah, i totally agree that pentagon city has an equal if not better selection than the tysons corner store... they carry acqua di parma and miller harris. senka (sp?) is my fave there! at tysons i'm loving ilse (also sp?) - she's the cute older german lady with blonde hair but she's only there like 2 days a week i think. patty is my girl at the columbia store.

OMG I had to bring this back because I told Ilse that her name was mentioned here as one of the favorite SA's and she was sooooo excited. I bought my Kelly Caleche from her today. I told her that we were talking about nasty SA's, but that she was named as one of the better ones to go to. She said that she couldn't wait to tell her husband that she was good at something lol!! She didn't know that there was such a place to discuss perfume. I told her that she is famous now lol.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

haha go ahead diva! yah, ilse is sooo cute and my fave at the tyson's store! oh, and i'm loving the kelly caleche, you'll have to tell me how that works out. next time i plan on making a retail purchase i'll be sure to stop in to the tyson's nordstrom and buy exclusively from her!

just goes to show for every 10 crappy SAs, there's one amazing one that i wouldn't mind going out of my way to do business with!
    "Yo soy un hombre sincero de donde crece la palma, y antes de morirme, quiero echar mis versos del alma."

José Martí

My buddy Isaac has left the Tysons Nordstrom for the Pentagon City store, but the lady who took care of me yesterday was fabulous. (I wonder if it was Ilse? I don't recall her name but she was older and had an accent that seemed German in retrospect.) I bought the reissued Givenchy Le De and she gave (gave!) me one of their $7 atomizers filled up with more Le De from the tester "so I would have some to carry in my purse" with me. You could have knocked me over with a feather, I was so surprised and pleased!

Blog Entries

She is the tall slender lady with blonde hair cut in a bob. She gave me that sample today as well.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

She is a smart SA, she knows the rule of reciprocity.