Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: What would you pick out of these, if you had to?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Irrésistible Givenchy For Men

6 7.79%
  • Issey Miyake - L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

24 31.17%
  • Burberry Classic For Men

9 11.69%
  • Carolina Herrera - 212 Men

18 23.38%
  • Lanvin Arpège Pour Homme

20 25.97%

Default Hard choice to make . . .

I've recently bought a VIVABOX.
    Quick explanation: you get 10 (or 8) samples of perfumes (eau de toilette).
    If you have chosen your favorite, u can go to the store and they give you a big bottle (50 ml) of it.

Now i ruled some perfumes out, but i still can't decide between these:

Very Irrésistible Givenchy For Men
    Issey Miyake - L'eau D'issey Pour Homme
    Burberry Classic For Men
    Carolina Herrera - 212 Men
    Lanvin Arpège Pour Homme

Now, to help me find the right one in this list, it may be helpfull to know this.

I'm 19 years old. 100% straight. I only wear jeans and normal T-shirts (for summer). I do not own
    designer clothing or any expensive clothing ( i have a suit ofcourse for formal occasions).
    I want a perfume which is clearly masculine, although i like Issey Miyake. Some say this is a more girly one but i doubt it.
    Perfumes i own: Armani Mania, DKNY Red Delicious Men, Chrome Azzaro.
    Last edited by Suppressor; 17th August 2007 at 09:16 PM.

Default Re: Hard choice to make . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    I'm 19 years old. I only wear jeans and normal T-shirts (for summer). I do not own
    designer clothing or any expensive clothing ( i have a suit ofcourse for formal occasions).
    I want a perfume which is clearly masculine, although i like Issey Miyake. Some say this is a more girly one but i doubt it.
    Perfumes i own: Armani Mania, DKNY Red Delicious Men, Chrome Azzaro.
    Based on your preferences I would go with 212

To me 212 and Chrome are pretty close. Issey is year-round versatile and you like it. It's long lasting, too.

I'll cast my vote for IM. Good luck!

Mike

Since you are 100% straight, I better not make any recommendations. I don't want to lead anyone astray.

is JBL and myself the only straight people on these forums!

Go with the issey baby, i wear it most days and its got such a gorgeous smell, deffinately a trade mark smell and it keeps you smelling clean and fresh all day long, i get plenty of compliments with it too!

I noticed for a long time that sexuality on these forums is some kind of a taboo.
    This gave me an idea which i will post about in the next days to come . . .

212 Men is in the lead now.
    I hope more people will vote and motivate.

Lanvin's Arpège PH. Best quality of the bunch.

oooh that sounds so cool! my friend had a calvin klein one of them... thats the first ive heard of it

i voted burberry... but i dunno... better tell us what u finally decide on

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    Lanvin's Arpège PH. Best quality of the bunch.
    I like Arpège a lot, but i fear it doesn't really fit good on a 19 year old.
    But i see you know a lot about it, i will definetly retest it.

I know what you mean but i said it not only because of the quality but also regarding your selection of fragrances, and i like what you have BTW. (all but mania to tell you the truth, wich didn't work with my skin and turn very bad)

cheers!
    Last edited by castorpollux; 18th August 2007 at 01:06 AM.

I would go with 212.

It fits well if the 19-year-old has a fine nose. Hehehe.

There are many good choices in that list. The suggestion of l'Eau d'Issey is a very good one.
    Arpege is "darker", with the anise note. I like it, though. Issey is more common, but that's
    probably because many people really like it.
    Last edited by trumpet_guy; 18th August 2007 at 04:54 AM.

Lanvin everytime my friend, a class fragrance, for me the others are far too commonplace these days so be a but distinctive a smell good at the same time.

The Miyake is versatile and girls tend to like it. The Arpege is a quality fragrance but it's sweet and can become burdensome. Both are fairly middle American but what the hell, you can try others later.

A 19 year old can wear anything anyone else can. The same rule applies. Don't wear too much.

The Lanvin is easily the best IMO, but not for the summer. 212 seems a good choice taking your description of yourself into account.

BUT I really think the decision has to be based on your own tastes. You have the samples, and whatever we think is really not important. Just mull it over for a few days, keep trying them out and you'll make the right choice.

Chris

Didn't someone once say that no one was 100% straight? Some scientific type survey or test or something...
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by _R$_ View Post
    Didn't someone once say that no one was 100% straight? Some scientific type survey or test or something...
    - Rich
    Well i typed this on purpose, as i knew it would give bad reactions on this forum.
    It shouldn't offense anyone.

Well i typed this on purpose, as i knew it would give bad reactions on this forum.
    It shouldn't offense anyone.
    I don't think it's offensive, it's just that pointing it out makes you look silly (I'm straight, since you're keeping score).

As for you choices, I would pick Issey Miyake. It's a rather safe choice, but one that seems to be well-liked.
    Last edited by BBRex; 19th August 2007 at 07:54 PM.

Well, now that we're keeping score, I'm 150% straight! So there!
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

A coworker once told me that the scent I was wearing (L'Eau D'Issey PH) was "too formal". Formal in the Gucci PH sense. Nothing "girly" about that comparison. For what it's worth, her favorite on me was Le Male.

Bottom line: opinions are like brain cells, everyone has a few at least. Go with your instinct and what you like. Cast my vote for Issey.

I decided and got my bottle today.

I picked L'eau D'issey by Issey Miyake.

I first wanted to go for the 212 Men, but someone told me it smelled sweaty and totally unpleasant. I think the sample somehow got "destroyed" because the scent certainly changed, however that can happen. I sprayed some 212 on a paper strip in the store, and it was WAY better then the sample. I don't understand how this can happen.

Lanvin Arpege is certainly the best quality in the box, but this scent just doesn't fit me at all. It smells way to old.

I could care less for the rest of the box, cK One was total crap and don't talk me about DKNY. The Givenchy one was way to mossy and way to green, i found it disgusting.

It seems like i picked the winner of the poll, IM.

Therefore i wonna thank everyone who voted and certainly reacted in this topic.
    This is no doubt the most helpfull forum i've ever been on.

Issey would be perfect choice: likable by many, especially among that age group. I like arpege better, but after years of wearing Issey.
    So, I think it is good choice.
    And it does not matter anyway: once you find that you like the smell, you have an opinion that counts.