Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Today I bought (August 2007)

I bought a bottle of Baie de Genièvre by Creed (blind) - from a fellow Basenoter. I'm a sucker for cinnamon scents, and I'm kind of on a Creed 'kick' considering I avoided the line entirely for quite a while. I can't wait to get it home and overapply it!

I also bought the August 'Bag of Samples' from Luckyscent (11 samples...in one bag from Luckyscents newest releases: including some Montale's, some CBIHP's and some Profumum's.) - even though I am knee deep in samples already. I know. I know.

I'm not the only one buying stuff out there, I'm sure. Confess here...

Off-Scenter

Default Re: Today I bought (August 2007)

Today I received my bell jar of Tubereuse Criminelle, along with a mess of samples, including Cuir Mauresque, Vintage Tabarome (both disappointing so far), L'Anarchiste, Eau de Fier, and Mitsouko EdP. All from the delightful folks at The Perfumed Court.

Today I bought Zegna Intenso and Polo Explorer. Both of them are really nice.

Lets see, I got my Ava Luxe Patchouli Leaves and samples a few days ago, a bottle of Penhaligon's Castile should be here tomorrow (hopefully!) and Tea for Two is making its way here from Canada.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

This week, I finally bit the bullet and bought Musc Ravageur and Bigarade Concentree from Les Senteurs [very quick delivery - though no free samples, which was a tad stingy given that I'd just dropped nearly £200 on them].

I'm also waiting on deliveries of Demeter Play-doh and CdG Avignon, which is from Luckyscent, so I should get some freebies there, at least

I should be getting CdG Rose tomorrow (I had hoped so much it would come today )
    I still have a bunch of samples to get through from luckyscent from my last ATB1966 order in addition to what comes with the CdG tomorrow. Most from the first set are actually from their sample set this month.. the Montale Fruits of the Musk and one sweet bucket of candy :P I gave the Acqua e Zucchero to the girlfriend..
    I guess the CB I Hate Perfume At the Beach 1966 and pile of samples would be included in the August list.. and I got a bunch of Imp's ears from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (that I'm somewhat underwhelmed with.. even the best ones)
    Last edited by jrd4t; 18th August 2007 at 12:49 AM.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I didn't buy anything for myself, but i did get Eau de RubyLips, RubyLips, Guess Gold and Borsari's Garofano as gifts.
    Last edited by castorpollux; 18th August 2007 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I bought a bottle of Baie de Genièvre by Creed (blind) - from a fellow Basenoter. I'm a sucker for cinnamon scents, and I'm kind of on a Creed 'kick' considering I avoided the line entirely for quite a while. I can't wait to get it home and overapply it!
    I'll trade ya a sample of that for a sample of something I have if there's anything you'd like to try! mmm cinnamon. Almost bought Original Santal blind to get a good cin frag but talked some sense into myself first.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Today i bought a bottle of Kyara from Oriscent. There goes my budget for a very long time!
    Last edited by ajmc; 18th August 2007 at 04:27 AM.

I bought Floris No. 89 recently. Smells fab, but need more time to analyse it.
    -

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I recently bought a 50 ml. bottle of Ombre Rose by Jean-Charles Brosseau, which I really like, but will probably not wear too often. I think it will only do for certain occasions; but that's OK: I have plenty of others.

Also, I popped for a 50 ml. Zegna Intenso at Nordstrom. This is not the greatest, but it's a decent scent, and I think it will do for casual and work wear.

Today, I went online and ordered 10 Corso Como and two fragrances by Divine, L'Homme Sage and L'Homme de Coeur; all are 50 ml. bottles (though the two Divine scents are priced like bigger bottles), and all are EdP. I also requested samples of Parfumerie Générale Querelle and Harmatan Noir, as well as Heeley Cardinal. That package should be fun when it arrives! My budget is, lamentably, shot for a while now... Oh well, I shall have to be consoled by my new toys for a bit longer than usual...
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    BdG...perhaps Creed's finest hour (IMO). Please let us know how you like it after you've test-driven it for a while...

Best regards,
    Mike

Just bought Narciso Rodriguez for Him... am in heaven...

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    I recently bought a 50 ml. bottle of Ombre Rose by Jean-Charles Brosseau, which I really like, but will probably not wear too often. I think it will only do for certain occasions; but that's OK: I have plenty of others.
    I always thought the Ombre Rose bottle was one of the most beautiful perfume bottles...asian, modern and a little sci-fi all rolled in one. I can't remember what the juice smells like...

Today I bought Iskander by Parfum d'Empire. A beautifull citrus that lasts hours on me.
    A few weeks ago I got Ambre Russe, that will keep me warm in winter and I really loved that Cuir Ottoman sample also.
    I really like Parfum d'Empire 's scents.

I did manage to buy nothing a few months, but I finally broke down. ..I'm weak, ..I'm so weak..sigh.

Speaking of Jean-Charles Brosseau. I got two samples of the male scents, and I can already say that I like the "The Brun". The other sample is "Atlas Cedar".

Last edited by eric; 18th August 2007 at 10:24 PM.

Cologne Blanche - Dior Homme

sweet, light, powdery, easy, and fresh
    perfect

i was going to buy both Cologne Blanche and Eau Noire (i have the Bois d'Argent)
    but my mom was mad at me for even buying so much fragrances....
    (referring back to life span.....she claims it will all spoil....people here prove it wrong...right?)

i decided to go with the Blanche since i'm not really the "black tie/ evening" guy

though I WILL buy Eau Noire....soon....

this is my favorite "colletion/series"
    don't really care about the price

argh...happy day...completed my so-so first New York trip....
    (i forgot to test the new narsciso....ooo or the tom fords....oh well)

staff at the dior homme boutique claims that Eau Noire is Hedi's personal favorite....!
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmilk View Post
    Cologne Blanche - Dior Homme

sweet, light, powdery, easy, and fresh
    perfect

i was going to buy both Cologne Blanche and Eau Noire (i have the Bois d'Argent)
    but my mom was mad at me for even buying so much fragrances....
    (referring back to life span.....she claims it will all spoil....people here prove it wrong...right?)

i decided to go with the Blanche since i'm not really the "black tie/ evening" guy

though I WILL buy Eau Noire....soon....

this is my favorite "colletion/series"
    don't really care about the price

argh...happy day...completed my so-so first New York trip....
    (i forgot to test the new narsciso....ooo or the tom fords....oh well)

staff at the dior homme boutique claims that Eau Noire is Hedi's personal favorite....!

I like Cologne Blanche the best of the three. Eau Noire is OK, but I think it gets extremely cloying rather quickly. I don't know who could ever use up even a small bottle of it. I did wear it on a date one time and it was nice. I just think Cologne Blanche is more versatile and better overall.

I literally went insane today... and purchased bottles of the following:

Aramis Devin,
    Lalique EDP,
    Green Irish Tweed,
    Narciso Rodriguez for him (complete disaster on me)
    Jicky EDT

a.

Couple days ago i bought a 1.7 of Egoiste. I can't believe how light it is compared to the cologne concentree version...somewhat dissapointed but smells great anyway.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

August has been expensive - so far...

Derby (stocking up after discontinuation...)
    Sous le Vent ('Il etait une fois'...)
    Chamade EdT + perfume (vintage...)

When will it ever stop...?

3 organic watermelons

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    Couple days ago i bought a 1.7 of Egoiste. I can't believe how light it is compared to the cologne concentree version...somewhat dissapointed but smells great anyway.
    Aha, now I know the cause of my frustrations!!
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I won a small bottle of SJP Covet on ebay yesterday.

This month I bought L'instant Extreme and Antaeus, and I want REL .. but it might be beyond my means for the coming while.

Tonight I bought Bois 1920 Classic 1920 using the Luckyscent 10% off code. Just wish I was quicker off the mark when it was actually a 25% off code.

Couple of days ago I've bought L'eau D'issey PH Deodorant after a long search and surprised ... Because deo comes with a new bottle which is completely WHITE , I don't know why it has changed ... It's not like this anymore ;

Issey Miyake renewing bottles ?..
    Last edited by keyn; 20th August 2007 at 11:27 PM.

Polo Explorer, was pleasantly surprised by it on a test drive, so I went for the whole thing. Was expecting maybe Triple Black, ended up more along the lines of Safari. Richly rugged.

Basenotes Institution

I bought some Black Orchid (small sample vials) on Ebay. I gave away my almost finished decant bottle to another Basenoter to try and felt an 'emptiness' in my Wardrobe without it. With Tom Ford for Men being released next month, I've now got my bases covered.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 21st August 2007 at 03:05 AM.

vintage Chamade EDP tester from 70-s
    mini Giorgio for men
    mini Le Feu d`Issey
    vintage Juchten perfume by 4711 is going to be mine soon
    Vetiver The Great!!!

On my recent vacation to Vancouver, bought ... (deep breath) ...

For myself:
    Lorenzo Villoresi - Spezie
    Montale - Roses Musk
    PG - Corps et Ames

And for the boyfriend:
    Montale - Woods and Spices
    PG - Bois de Copaiba
    Serge Lutens - Vetiver Orientale

Hadn't bought much in the preceding few months, and I won't buy much over the next few, so I don't feel bad about the big splurge.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Just bought In Leather for Men by Aigner, Paradiso Inferno for Men by Benetton and Elizabeth Arden's Sandalwood for Men.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I like Cologne Blanche the best of the three. Eau Noire is OK, but I think it gets extremely cloying rather quickly. I don't know who could ever use up even a small bottle of it. I did wear it on a date one time and it was nice. I just think Cologne Blanche is more versatile and better overall.
    agreed. out of the 3 blanche is the most versatile
    d'argent is a bit on the classy side...though simply just great

well....2 down one to go....might as well buy it..haha
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

Vetiver Extraordinaire

Finally.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by sloan_8013 View Post
    Vetiver Extraordinaire

Finally.
    Good for you Michael - I knew it was haunting you ever since that trip to New York.

I bought a mini of Poison by Christian Dior - the Esprit de Parfum (not the edt).

Ever since I've become a fan of Black Orchid by Tom Ford, I've wanted to resniff Poison (another heavy, sweet, dense frag) and moondeva's post on an old thread here said she thought the parfum could easily be worn by a man.