Code of Conduct

Smile SotD: Tuesday, August 14/07

My morning frag for today is GRAPEFRUIT by Jo Malone mmmmm!!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

Default Re: SotD: Tuesday, August 14/07

Musc Ravageur by Frederic Malle
    One compliment from a colleague for wearing MR... She said it smells sweet but different. She has this really shocked expression on her face when I told her the price.

Rose Flamenca to sleep in tonight.

Slept in Love's True Bluish Light last night.
    Could still smell a little of it. Sprayed on Musc Ravageur for today.

diorissimo
    Wishlist is pointless.

Default Re: SotD: Tuesday, August 14/08

Farnesiana again
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

She stared vacantly at the kitchen TV, sipping cold coffee from the mug. The noon news was on, although the TV could have been off and she wouldn't have noticed. She heard and saw nothing, her thoughts were of him..only of him.

As though in a trance she found herself standing beside their bed, her robe dropping to the floor as she allowed herself to fall face forward onto fragrant softness, hands grasping and pulling the scented top sheet up to her face. She inhaled deeply, burying her nose into wrinkled cotton. It smelled wonderfully of him..the oils of his skin..the smell of his hair..the sweet-musky odor of his sweat mixed with the familiar scent of their lovemaking...and the smooth, incredibly intoxicating traces of the Montana Parfum d'Homme she'd watched him rub on his body after their sensuously shared late night shower. Her head was full of nothing but him. She moaned softly as she felt the familiar chills run up and down her spine at the thought of his touch. Rolling over onto her back and stretching luxuriously, she smiled, fully and gloriously and deliciously naked, closing her eyes and sinking once again into the king size mattress.

"My God", she whispered, "I think I'm in love.."
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Must be the Montana Parfum d'Homme
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post

And then suddenly realised that her husband would come home again after being absent for a month. And he most certainly did not wear Montana Parfum d'Homme!
    So, "gloriously and deliciously naked" she had to change the wonderful smelling wrinkled cotton into White Linen.

"Dear Lord". she whispered, "I'm in trouble...."

::kneedeep, I think::
    Last edited by Riannon; 14th August 2007 at 09:22 AM. Reason: got carried away....sort of
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Divine - L'Homme de Cœur

A sad day here - I've spent the morning at a funeral. I wore Apres l'Ondee (edt and a couple of spritzes of the parfum) - to me it smells of spring and rebirth, which was just right for my friend, a very devout Buddhist, who believed strongly she would be coming back in another body. She said before she died that as far as she was concerned, it was just the beginning of another chapter for her.

I feel lousy.

Big comforting hug to you, my dear.

Funerals may be a part of life but I will never get used to the sorrow that comes with them.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

summer means fireflys

It must be a Musc Ravageur kind of day ... joining Coconut and Indiscreet in MR today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezeweasel View Post
    She said before she died that as far as she was concerned, it was just the beginning of another chapter for her.
    I hope she went without pain, peacefully, and strong in her belief...

(((hugs))) to you, Squeezeweasel!

I´m wearing Kingdom on this stormy and rainy day.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

I think your friend is right, Squeezeweasel, I really do.

Wearing Eau de Camille on some parts, and Habit Rouge on others.
    Delightful melange of honeysuckle and ivy, and lemony vanilla.
    thanks to my fellow basenoters.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Sorry to hear about your loss Squeezeweasel For me it's another day in L'heure bleue edp. Feels odd to wear the same scent so many days in a row,but will be back home to my beloved b.f and collection in just a few days now

... She moaned softly as she felt the familiar chills run up and down her spine at the thought of his touch. Rolling over onto her back and stretching luxuriously, she smiled, fully and gloriously and deliciously naked, closing her eyes and sinking once again into the king size mattress.

Today' I'll have what she's having.

Actually, my SoTD is a variant on the theme... Guerlain's La Voilette de Madame, sampling from an extremely, no, stupendously generous BNer. Definitely NOT your standard bridal fare, but darkly, sensually gorgeous... I can definitely see it promoting, um, marital bliss.
    --------------------------------------
    Separate post with huge hugs to Squeezeweasel. I agree with your friend's approach, but that doesn't make it easier for those still here and confronted with an empty space in our souls.

May your friend's memory be a blessing.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 14th August 2007 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Basenotes Institution

Sorry to hear you feel lousy squeezeweasel - just relax, take it easy and do something good for yourself today. Grieving is a normal reaction to a loss.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

My SOTD

A.M. = Skai by Comme de Garcons
    P.M. = Greenbriar 1968 by CB I Hate Perfume

Both first time, from samples - thanks Michael

Went to bed in Après l'ondée, it's really special that one.

Clinique Happy Heart to day, emptied the last drop of it.
    My collection has grown fast; and I have decided to finish my nearly empty bottles for the sake of shelf space, and for peace of mind.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

A sad day here - I've spent the morning at a funeral. I wore Apres l'Ondee (edt and a couple of spritzes of the parfum) - to me it smells of spring and rebirth, which was just right for my friend, a very devout Buddhist, who believed strongly she would be coming back in another body. She said before she died that as far as she was concerned, it was just the beginning of another chapter for her.

I feel lousy.
    I am so sorry for your loss Squeezeweasel.

Buddhist thought is that we are all just streams of the same consciousness, without beginning or end, and this particular 'reality', this life, is nothing but a construct of that consciousness, a dream, an illusion that we must recognize as such on a level much deeper than our conscious thought will allow.

Considering your friends obvious deeply held beliefs she is simply continuing a journey Buddhist thought considers to be without a beginning, an infinitly long one in which we have all known each other countless times in countless universes and will continue to do so until every sentient being has reached a state of perfect understanding.

With this in mind one has to consider she believed at her death that she is moving one step closer to her goal.

~Huge hug

Ken
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

My thoughts are with you today Squeezeweasel. It's never easy to lose a dear loved one.

Today, I'll be luxuriating in chocolates and orange, Elixir de Merveilles.... just a tiny dab will do it.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Hugs and positive vibes going out to you Squeezeweasel.

As for me, I am still wallowing in Montana Parfum d' Homme - having spent the night in his strong arms.

Sigh.

Like it says - it's a man's perfume in the sense that he strides into the room smelling just-shaved and citrus/fruity and exuding confidence. Soon mellows, and focuses, devoting his husky spicy attention entirely to you - then enfolds you in ambery musk of breathtaking intensity and longevity.

Talk about seduction. Whadda guy!! (And that means YOU KBE - thanks for the introduction!!)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Hugs to Squeezeweasel!

There was quite a nip in the air this morning so to embrace the fast approaching autumn, I went with the cinnamon/peachy yumminess of Apercu edp by Houbigant.

...Her head was full of nothing but him...
    Her head and a whole lot more.
    Eh. Heh heh.
    Please excuse.
    Uh
    um.
    I forgot what I was going to write about.
    Oh, yeah.
    o.k. CLEAR THAT IMAGE.
    *Gets self back under control*

Squeezeweasel, everything in the Universe is made of energy.
    And that is all everything is made of.
    Underneath the chemicals, molecules, atoms, and subatomic particles, it is just energy.
    And it cannot be created or destroyed, only transformed.
    Crud. This was supposed to be about SOTD.
    Luctor et Emergo by POTL, thanks to Riannon.
    When I was a child, I used to make clown noses out of Play-Doh so I could stick them to my nose and go around smelling that aroma. This is it. I love it. And I look better without a blob of dough stuck to my nose.
    Last edited by purplebird7; 14th August 2007 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Spring and rebirth...just the beginning of another chapter for her."
    Those are beautiful thoughts Squeezeweasel.
    I hope you can take strength from them in your sorrow.

************************************************** *****************************

This evening my scent of choice is Guerlain's MAHORA from my friend E.!
    It's warm and comforting and it's what I need as the air chills.
    The kettle is whistling; time for tea!

This morning I'm sticking with Rose Flamenca, such a beautiful rose.

Not sure how it will fare in the heat, so I may switch to Nanadebary Green or Balmain de Balmain before I head off to another thrilling day at work.

Our poor Squeezeweasel, loss is never comfortable, even if you ardently believe that we go on after death. I'm sorry you lost your friend.
    Last edited by Zibeline; 14th August 2007 at 02:58 PM.

I feel lousy.

Your friend's wisdom, and thank you for sharing it here with us, has touched us all, and in a way deeply enriched us all too. My deepest regards for your loss my dear, but I do believe in your friend's wisdom too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I wear Emporio Armani Night
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Sorry for your loss, Squeezeweasel...it is always hard to say goodbye to a friend and you will miss her. But indeed there is some truth in her words. Whether or not consciousness passes from one being to another is debatable, but it is an undeniable truth that when our bodies break down, they become sustenance for other creatures and plants, and so the circle of life continues. Matter cannot be destroyed...it can only be transformed.

((( Hugs ))) and prayers sent to Sqeazeweasel. A loss is never easy. And again, thanks for sharing your friend's wisdom with us.

Wearing Charles Jourdan Individuelle.

Tuberose Criminelle.
    DONNA

Slipped on Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon and getting ready to dream...

Velvet rope

Rahat Loukhoum

It's rainy today, and I am wearing Guerlain Meteorites, which seems to go well with rain!
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

Thanks so much for the kind thoughts, everybody! You've been an enormous comfort on a very black day (second of these very sad occasions in two weeks - we had to scatter the ashes of another friend who died back in February a couple of weekends ago) - I love Basenotes for the kindness, sharing and sense of community, which I've never found anywhere else on the internet. You guys are great and I feel very buoyed up by your thoughtfulness.

CSP's Aqua Motu
    Gary

Miller et Bertaux, l'eau de parfum #3 green, green, green and green

"Samples from Mike P." week continues.

Wearing one of my new-oldies as opposed to my vintage finds: Dinner by Bobo.

Nahema on one wrist and Fleurs de Bulgarie on another; the latter fills the room, so it won the sillage competion.

Tabac Blond for me today. Also sampled Dior Pure Poison (lovely) and the new SJP perfume - Covet. Not bad, but wouldn't rave.

I feel lousy.
    Squeezeweasel, I'm so sorry to hear this. I wish you peace.
    Last edited by Clemmie; 14th August 2007 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Prada Infusion d'Iris and now it's Guerlain Iris Ganache

What a long day I've had! I wore Chopard Madness all day and the longevity is amazing.

Montana Parfum d'Homme having quieted down I brought in Havana (another KBE intro) for ...um...reinforcement. Sweet dreams!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Savannah Gardens by Crabtree & Evelyn
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay