Code of Conduct

Thread: Bond wallstreet

Default Bond wallstreet

I sampled this the other day at saks and really enjoyed this one which surprised me since new harlem is the only bond I've found to be bottle worthy . Wall street has a really unique smell for an aquaric and reminds me a bit of mi and sel Marin . The longevity off of one spray was extremely impressive as well.

Question , for people who own this do you get good projection and longevity? Also anyone know of a reputable online dealer who has the 1.7oz in stock ? Beauty encounter only has the large size ams fragrance net is currently out of stock .

I was going to get chanel allure sport but thinking of adding extra money to get this one

Default Re: Bond wallstreet

I prefer Creed's Erolfa to wall street. Since you asked about WS, it does have good longevity and projection. I don't deal with online discounters so I couldn't say. I usually order from SAKs or Bond directly if I want one.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I'm not a fan of aquatic and cucumber notes, but I really like Wall Street. Its cucumber note is very well blended with the musc and amber, and it projects very well (above average) and lasts 8+ hours on my skin.

You could buy a 50 ml bottle directly from Bond No. 9's website and use coupon code makeupalley to get 15% off.

Not a fan of this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    use coupon code makeupalley to get 15% off.

ARG! Wish I knew this sooner!!!!!!!!!!

IMO it's a very nice frag ! Great longevity and projection for an aquatic. It's a power scent in the office too. I'm sure you will enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnjohn View Post
    IMO it's a very nice frag ! Great longevity and projection for an aquatic. It's a power scent in the office too. I'm sure you will enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A very nice fragrance for sure!!! Longevity and projection are fantastic!!! One that brings compliments!!!
    Gary

Blog Entries

This was actually the first Bond I ever bottled on. I've lost the lust a little, but I still have the respect. To my nose, it has an accord which is nearly identical to the smell of fresh, cold, watermelon slices. Very natural at that. I was impressed when I did a comparison.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm so close to just going
    For the larger bottle since i can get the 100ml at BC for the price of the 50ml. Anyone see a reason why I should not order from beauty encounter? Hard to justify spending practically same amount for 50ml when I can get big one for 10-15bucks more.

Awesome scent for this hot weather
    Last edited by persianprince; 29th May 2011 at 04:41 PM.

I got a very distinct 'off' note from Wall Street. I've often wondered if the sample I had had gone bad.....
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    I got a very distinct 'off' note from Wall Street. I've often wondered if the sample I had had gone bad.....
    Interesting! Would you mind describing it? I would love to see if I can spot it or not. I have a pretty fresh bottle. Maybe 2-3 years old, but well-tended and no change in odor. It does have one somewhat screechy note in it that I'm not always up for.

I find wall street a bit of a bore personally - The longevity and siliage is so very impressive for a fresh aquatic (ish) fragrance though!
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

For office,backyard, ball park or a stroll . This covers all aspects !

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post

Interesting! Would you mind describing it? I would love to see if I can spot it or not. I have a pretty fresh bottle. Maybe 2-3 years old, but well-tended and no change in odor. It does have one somewhat screechy note in it that I'm not always up for.
    Sure- I'll try my best. I dug out said sample and sprayed the back of my hand about 10 mins ago, and sure enough, there it is again..that 'off' note. It starts after the first few minutes and it smells kinda fousty to me- like clothes that were left too long in the washing machine. It strongly reminds me of 2 things- the smell on my hands after handling (dirty) notes/coins, AND the smell of a well-used mop that never gets the chance to dry properly.
    Last edited by morrison74; 30th May 2011 at 05:24 AM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Well i ended up ordering a 10ml decant instead which seems to be the wiser choice so i can get more wearing out of this and to see how fast i will go through it to see if its bottle worthy. My sample i got from saks is almost gone been wearing it around the house last couple days and really love it, just has a airy type of vibe to it, and last all day!

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    Well i ended up ordering a 10ml decant instead which seems to be the wiser choice so i can get more wearing out of this and to see how fast i will go through it to see if its bottle worthy.

Smart move!
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Smart move!
    Thanks man, I have been a victim of jumping all over a scent way too fast and purchasing it becuase i MUST HAVE it, and luckily i do not regret any of my purchases, but obviousyl there are some that i've realized i could of been OK with just a 10ml decant instead of a full bottle. It's just so dam nice to have the real bottle and spray from it lol i guess i just love opening new package a bit too much. But decant will do and its from a trusted person that always comes through for me (thanks mudassir).

I get a weird "wet dog" note in the dry down. Other than that.. it's a rather nice, very relaxing Mediterranean aquatic. But, for a hell of a lot less, I'm quite content with Sean John Unforgivable.

Blog Entries

That's it! The wet dog note! I was thinking exactly that, based on the wet clothes note. It may be an aromachemical called Martima - beautiful aquatic breeze or freshness if light - wet dog, mop, etc., if too much. I'll bet you're sensitive to it, M.

That's it! The wet dog note! I was thinking exactly that, based on the wet clothes note. It may be an aromachemical called Martima - beautiful aquatic breeze or freshness if light - wet dog, mop, etc., if too much. I'll bet you're sensitive to it, M.
    Well i guess i'm one of the lucky ones becuase i do not get that in the dry down at all, more or less the same as the opening just a bit lighter. Pretty linear fragrance but love the freshness and that cucumber note is very unique

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    ...But, for a hell of a lot less, I'm quite content with Sean John Unforgivable.
    Not a bad call. I wanted to track down the perfumer on Wall Street..... and it's the SAME GUY. David Apel.

Now - bear in mind that other "separated at birth" pair - Rochas Man and New Haarlem. Also SAME GUY - Maurice Roucel.

In both cases the fragrances aren't identical, but close enough to make people catch the similarity.

I get a weird "wet dog" note in the dry down. Other than that.. it's a rather nice, very relaxing Mediterranean aquatic. But, for a hell of a lot less, I'm quite content with Sean John Unforgivable.
    Yes- "wet dog" describes what I'm getting!

Wanted

Yes, "wet dog" does indeed describe what I'm smelling. Martima you say. I'm going to have to research this one as I would like to avoid it in the future. I think I may well be sensitive to it since the Cologneist doesn't start smelling it till the drydown but I'm getting it after only a few minutes.

I hate wet dogs.

Wanted

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    Yes, "wet dog" does indeed describe what I'm smelling. Martima you say. I'm going to have to research this one as I would like to avoid it in the future. I think I may well be sensitive to it since the Cologneist doesn't start smelling it till the drydown but I'm getting it after only a few minutes.

I hate wet dogs.
    Oh, man - this thread was really helpful to me. Now I understand why I don't reach for Wall Street as often as I used to. I'm getting the exact same note in the drydown! It's not horrifying to me, but it's killing the pleasure. Bleu de Chanel has a really great drydown - and I actually used it last night to cover Wall Street instead of scrubbing it off.

I think that what I learned here is just how important the drydown is for me subconsciously, despite my consciously greater attention to the topnotes and heart. I always thought that I could ignore a drydown, but that appears not to be the case in reality.

Bond no.9 needs to reformulate this stuff to the standards of Unforgivable, frankly.

Yes! This! I just tried it on again to sample it, and coming back to the drydown, I also get the wet dog vibe - I won't be able to enjoy this fragrance anymore lol

No wet dog on me with this fragrance.....Sean Jean Unforgivable has no lasting power on me at all.....none.....SJ is gone in an hour.....if that long.....Gary

Not a bad call. I wanted to track down the perfumer on Wall Street..... and it's the SAME GUY. David Apel.

Now - bear in mind that other "separated at birth" pair - Rochas Man and New Haarlem. Also SAME GUY - Maurice Roucel.

In both cases the fragrances aren't identical, but close enough to make people catch the similarity.
    True. They're not quite alike, but the closest comparable fragrances. I guess the same goes for Cool Water and GIT, which was arguably done by the same perfumer as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    No wet dog on me with this fragrance.....Sean Jean Unforgivable has no lasting power on me at all.....none.....SJ is gone in an hour.....if that long.....Gary
    Wild - I guess between the relative decomposition rates of the aromachemicals on people's skin, and people's different olfactory hardware and software, the range is pretty wide on Wall Street - and Unforgivable, too (I get a few good hours of the top, at least).

Blog Entries

Yes! This! I just tried it on again to sample it, and coming back to the drydown, I also get the wet dog vibe - I won't be able to enjoy this fragrance anymore lol
    LOL

Kinda sucks, doesn't it? Varvatos Artisan was basically dethroned for me due to a synthetic note that somebody pointed out. But it's totally OK - I would much rather be able to catch a note like that than to go on in ignorant bliss. It works the other way, too. DULLAH got me hooked up with the rose in Windsor when I wasn't getting it, and I was very happy. All part of fragrance appreciation.

LOL

Kinda sucks, doesn't it? Varvatos Artisan was basically dethroned for me due to a synthetic note that somebody pointed out. But it's totally OK - I would much rather be able to catch a note like that than to go on in ignorant bliss. It works the other way, too. DULLAH got me hooked up with the rose in Windsor when I wasn't getting it, and I was very happy. All part of fragrance appreciation.
    For sure! Luckily there are lots of options in the fragrance world, and discovering that note saved me some money purchasing a bottle.

Wall Street really does have that certain screaming cucumber/melon that I do like, but I find it a tad boring. I find that Bleeker Street (also David Apel creation), gives a very similar vibe with a bit more green making it more interesting overall.

Blog Entries

I find that Bleeker Street (also David Apel creation), gives a very similar vibe with a bit more green making it more interesting overall.
    Cool - I will have to break out my sample and give it a few wears. Thanks!

It's humurous to hear the " wet dog " note. I own two dogs and I simply don't get that wet dog note. My dogs are outside allot , cold wet climate, I just don't see the comparison. Are you sure ? Maybe some other factors here.

I don't get wet dog, but there is a slightly fishy smell to Wall Street to my nose.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.