Code of Conduct

Default Montana parfum d'homme

I just received it today! And I was excited before spraying it on my wrist, as it's claimed to be close to Havana, which I've never tried, and might not have a chance to try at all. I must say that this is what I never had, but at the same time, have got several whiffs of similar scents from tourists and wondered what they were. Those scents might not be Montana, but that won't trouble my mind anymore, for now I have it, a nice, sexy evening scent that sends out an aura of sophistication, maturity, and class.

I put 1 spray on the chest and another one on the back of my neck this morning before going out to the post office to send Ferrari Passion to the buyer, on the way, it turned a few heads, and in 7Eleven, while I was looking for a canned juice, an office woman, who at the time had already walked past me 2-3 times, finally asked me what I was wearing. I told her it's not available in Thailand, and that I ordered it from Strawberrynet. She nodded, smiled at me, and commented that it was very nice before walking out of 7Eleven without buying anything. Now, I wonder if she met me in there or followed me from outside of the minimart!
    Last edited by KiatBkk; 21st August 2007 at 06:35 AM. Reason: more details
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Wink Re: Montana parfum d'homme

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    I just received it today! And I was excited before spraying it on my wrist, as it's claimed to be close to Havana, which I've never tried, and might not have a chance to try at all. I must say that this is what I never had, but at the same time, have got several whiffs of similar scents from tourists and wondered what they were. Those scents might not be Montana, but that won't trouble my mind anymore, for now I have it, a nice, sexy evening scent that sends out an aura of sophistication, maturity, and class.

I put 1 spray on the chest and another one on the back of my neck this morning before going out to the post office to send Ferrari Passion to the buyer, on the way, it turned a few heads, and in 7Eleven, while I was looking for a canned juice, an office woman, who at the time had already walked past me 2-3 times, finally asked me what I was wearing. I told her it's not available in Thailand, and that I ordered it from Strawberrynet. She nodded, smiled at me, and commented that it was very nice before walking out of 7Eleven without buying anything. Now, I wonder if she met me in there or followed me from outside of the minimart!
    Great stuff, eh?

Keep wearing that amazing juice and you will become the Pied Piper of Bangcock KiatBkk...You may find yourself saying "so many women...so little time"
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Default Re: Montana parfum d'homme

For a moment I thought I was reading Penthouse Forum......:-)

Makes me curious about it even more.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

".....strong enough for a man, but women love it too!"

(This one does - on self or other!!! Owe it all to KBE who got me addicted.)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Talking Re: Montana parfum d'homme

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Great stuff, eh?

Keep wearing that amazing juice and you will become the Pied Piper of Bangcock KiatBkk...You may find yourself saying "so many women...so little time"
    Hi Montana Master! Can you tell me how close is it to Havana? 95%? Or 98? lol
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Montana parfum d'homme

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    Hi Montana Master! Can you tell me how close is it to Havana? 95%? Or 98? lol

Hiya KiatBkk

Quite different, actually. Havana is a cacophony of scent that evolves into an insanely divine drydown.

Montana Parfum d'Homme is softer from the get-go and actually a bit 'louder' in drydown, and different. Check out the Basenotes Fragrance Directory on both for the inside scoop.

I would say 2nd cousins at most. And..umm..them's kissin cousins at that level, ain't they?"
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    ".....strong enough for a man, but women love it too!"

(This one does - on self or other!!! Owe it all to KBE who got me addicted.)
    "Hello. My name is Taolady and I am a Montana Parfum d'Homme addict..."

::chorus of voices:: "Hello, Taolady."
    Last edited by kbe; 21st August 2007 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Congrats on your getting the Montana! It is indeed an excellent one.

I'm lucky enough to own both fragrances, and with all the talk about them on the forum recently I decided to do a side by side comparison for you. About an hour and a half ago I sprayed Havana on one wrist and the Montana on the other.

I'm not going to try to pick apart the various notes in them, but rather give my general impressions. Maybe someone else can give you a more detailed descripton of the notes and how they differ.

On my skin the Montana seems a little stronger throughout, from opening to drydown. The two smell very much alike to me. The only real differences I can detect are that the Havana seems just a bit softer and a bit sweeter. The Montana retains slightly more of a sharp, herbal/green type edge. That's about it. The differences, at least to me, are very small.

I prefer the Havana because of that little bit of additional softness and sweetness in the drydown. It may be only my perception, but Havana seems slighly more gentle and refined. I can't say that the Montana smells rustic in comparison, but it does give me more of a strong, outdoorsy feel.

But we're talking about small differences here. Just imagine the Montana being very slightly softer and very slightly sweeter and you'd have a good idea of what Havana smells like.

I'm not sure if I can put an accurate percentage on their similarity. But I'll go out on a limb and say 85%-90%.

noggs
    Last edited by noggs; 21st August 2007 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    Congrats on your getting the Montana! It is indeed an excellent one.

I'm lucky enough to own both fragrances, and with all the talk about them on the forum recently I decided to do a side by side comparison for you. About an hour and a half ago I sprayed Havana on one wrist and the Montana on the other.

I'm not going to try to pick apart the various notes in them, but rather give my general impressions. Maybe someone else can give you a more detailed descripton of the notes and how they differ.

On my skin the Montana seems a little stronger throughout, from opening to drydown. The two smell very much alike to me. The only real differences I can detect are that the Havana seems just a bit softer and a bit sweeter. The Montana retains slightly more of a sharp, herbal/green type edge. That's about it. The differences, at least to me, are very small.

I prefer the Havana because of that little bit of additional softness and sweetness in the drydown. It may be only my perception, but Havana seems slighly more gentle and refined. I can't say that the Montana smells rustic in comparison, but it does give me more of a strong, outdoorsy feel.

But we're talking about small differences here. Just imagine the Montana being very slightly softer and very slightly sweeter and you'd have a good idea of what Havana smells like.

I'm not sure if I can put an accurate percentage on their similarity. But I'll go out on a limb and say 85%-90%.

noggs
    Thanks for a generous attempt, noggs! I wonder if you have ways to get Havana? If so, how much does it cost? Perhaps, I might later ask for your help to bring it over to Bangkok and I'd pay for it! I need to know the price first.

Well, I just smelled the Montana's cap and I get a slight hint of Dunhill Edition there, not sure if that is lavender?

FYI -- my Montana is made in Italy.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto