Code of Conduct

Default How to get Aramis relaunch HAVANA?

Would sending request letters to them work? I really don't understand why it was discontinued. Is it because of the rare ingredients or what?

I have seen so many wardrobes of members here and those who have HAVANA rated 5 stars for it. I'm more than curious because I know the taste of members here is above average, and so giving 5 stars for it is more than intriguing to me. I am sure I would love it.

Let's share some thoughts. Aramis should relaunch it, or they're thinking that its scarcity makes the success sweeter?
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: How to get Aramis relaunch HAVANA?

Dont' think the entire line was discontinued. I believe only the "Reserva" has been discontinued. Eau de toilette is still available according to the Basenotes Directory.

As I have said many times....

It is widely available in South Africa. No fear of it disappearing anytime soon.

According to Estee Lauder, they don't care what you think. I sent them a letter asking if it was discontinued, and they sent a letter saying how they don't discontinue items with caprice, careful thought and planning go into it. Thanks for the computer generated response assholes.

No, you won't get it back.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

I remember when it was available in the USA - it was actually available in Europe for the longest time and was the first Estee Lauder to first launch abroad before the states (now very common for EL).

It did not catch on well here for the name Havana still many americans have negative feelings towards cuba. I believe that was one of the drawer backs.

Quote Originally Posted by _R$_ View Post
    According to Estee Lauder, they don't care what you think. I sent them a letter asking if it was discontinued, and they sent a letter saying how they don't discontinue items with caprice, careful thought and planning go into it. Thanks for the computer generated response assholes.

No, you won't get it back.
    - Rich
    Actually, that sounds like a diplomatic (albeit still computer generated) admission that it's discontinued. It would be quite a disservice to themselves and their clients to not suggest where you could get it if it were still in production and shipping to retailers.

When I inquired about JHL about 3 years ago, they let me know that it was still in limited production and where I could find it (even included phone numbers).

Hmmm.....

I really cant get to grips with this scent..

I put the 1/2 used 50ml spray on Ebay with a starting price of 5 pounds and i got NO bids

I still have it!!!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Assuming that Havana For Men is still in production (and I think it is) I am thinking a buyer for one of the larger retailers (brick and mortar or virtual) in North America could contact Estee Lauder and have a suitably large Havana order sent to their distribution centers to place and sell. Problem is...risk it won't sell enough to justify the purchase. Oh, sure, those Basenoters enamored with it would stock up, but unless the general public bought it and bought a lot of it, or the retail to wholesale price was very favorable to the seller, it would be a financial risk. No advertising of Havana going on. Memory of it dim or nonexistent in the public. Never a top seller anyway. I doubt if any retailer would even bother to ask for it.
    Last edited by kbe; 22nd August 2007 at 12:38 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Kbe you have very good reasoning and I agree with you 100%.

Its too bad that this is how it works. Seriously, who'd buy it unless they totally remarketed it?
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Aramis' number is 800-216-7173. The average hold time is 6 minutes and you will get a customer service person. Getting to their executive offices is quite difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    Aramis' number is 800-216-7173. The average hold time is 6 minutes and you will get a customer service person. Getting to their executive offices is quite difficult.
    LOL, thanks anyway.

KBE, thanks for your view, I do agree with you.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto