Code of Conduct

Default Oh No. WHAT... have I done/become?

A few weeks ago... after hearing that Dzing! might be going away (can anyone confirm) I finally left the casual safety of always having a decant on hand (mostly for home, it's just not something I wear out) to purchasing a 1.7, just... BECAUSE I couldn't ever bear to run out!

So... TODAY, while I'm walking down memory lane I come upon reviews for Bill Blass' Nude, (LOVED that fragrance! Wore the heck out of it in the '90's. Still have 1/2 of 1.7 on my shelf) and find out (or am reminded) that it has been discontinued... and now, I have to find ONE MORE BOTTLE... so I don't run out... and I won't rest until I do! So.... found it, ordered it... so excited. But, I don't wear it anymore...

What, dear Basenote Professionals, has happened to me? Am I ill... or just passionate?

What have you gone out of your way to purchase while shaking your head mumbling, "I should not be doing this."????? :-)
    Bel Respiro, I adore you... but my heart belongs to another.

Default Re: Oh No. WHAT... have I done/become?

You are so not alone in this. I too know your pain. In fact, I went through the same when I couldn't find my Aimez Moi. I searched high and low. I didn't have a computer back then. so, looking online was not an option or even a thought for that matter because that world wasn't introduced to me until later. I found myself going to every Nordstrom just buying what they had left until there was no more. After that I would go into those perfume stores that carry alot of the discontinued brands. I would go in everyone I saw. This went on for about 3 years. Then one sweet day we were reunited. I hardly wear it because I don't want to run out. Sounds crazy right, but that's how I treat my frags sometimes if it's one that is hard to find. Now, I have been introduced to the internet and all is well. I have been able to find most of my favorite discontinued frags.

I'm like you. I just have to have it there just incase I want to wear it again.

I went through the samething with.....

Que Viva......Escada
    7 Notes........Jivhago(sp)
    Escada Sport Free Spirit I think it was (blue one)
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Beebee View Post

What, dear Basenote Professionals, has happened to me? Am I ill... or just passionate?
    My dear Basenoter , you're not ill, you're on the right track to become a wonderful nose, a connoisseur of world pleasures, an ideal model of the art of perfecting the way of being a perfumista and of course an excellent collector!

What have you gone out of your way to purchase while shaking your head mumbling, "I should not be doing this."????? :-)
    Many times before, but that lasted for about 2,3 seconds.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    I'm like you. I just have to have it there just incase I want to wear it again.

I went through the samething with.....

Que Viva......Escada
    7 Notes........Jivhago(sp)
    Escada Sport Free Spirit I think it was (blue one)
    We basenoters must be in some sort of synchronization, i have done the exact same thing with Escada Sport Feeling Free (or Free Spirit in some markets), yeah it was the blue one....
    Last edited by castorpollux; 22nd August 2007 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Basenotes Institution

You are not ill. You're a Basenoter.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    You are not ill. You're a Basenoter.

I'm going to print this out and take it with me when I'm spending my rent money on perfume.

I'm seeing my life pass before my eyes, and it's looking just like Beebee's, Divatologist's, castorpollux', & mikeperez'! At least we know we're not alone.

Oh I feel the same way about LB Venezia
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

A few weeks ago... after hearing that Dzing! might be going away (can anyone confirm) I finally left the casual safety of always having a decant on hand (mostly for home, it's just not something I wear out) to purchasing a 1.7, just... BECAUSE I couldn't ever bear to run out!

So... TODAY, while I'm walking down memory lane I come upon reviews for Bill Blass' Nude, (LOVED that fragrance! Wore the heck out of it in the '90's. Still have 1/2 of 1.7 on my shelf) and find out (or am reminded) that it has been discontinued... and now, I have to find ONE MORE BOTTLE... so I don't run out... and I won't rest until I do! So.... found it, ordered it... so excited. But, I don't wear it anymore...

Nothing wrong with you at all. Seems perfectly sane to me (!!). I did this with Monsoon. But the bottle I got was old, and doesn't smell quite 'right' somehow. All the same, I had to do it. I couldn't bear the thought of running out - even though I hardly ever wear it. We are doomed, aren't we?
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Blog Entries

If you're crazy, so am I! I just bought a boatload of M7 because I heard it's gonna get really hard to find. Also, I've heard rumors that CKbe is being discontinued, so I'm most likely gonna get a backup bottle of this before too long.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    If you're crazy, so am I! I just bought a boatload of M7 because I heard it's gonna get really hard to find. Also, I've heard rumors that CKbe is being discontinued, so I'm most likely gonna get a backup bottle of this before too long.
    whaaatt? (palpitations) CKbe is going to be discontinued? i gotta get me some more bottles then!
    That would be just terrible...CKbe is one of my all time fav, i liked it even better than the wishy-washy CKone -wich i like but let's be honest it's too blah-...

ill? must be quite a contagious thing!

Please don't ask me about all those bottles of Lanvin's My Sin that I am hoarding while I experiment and buy and buy.

If you want to have a good laugh, go to Ernie Gallo's Fragrance Abuse Clinic on this forum. We all have similar problems. For awhile there, I couldn't stand smelling plain air anymore. So I posted that concern, and people asked me where they could buy Plain Air.
    Very witty responses, sure to make you feel well again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    whaaatt? (palpitations) CKbe is going to be discontinued? i gotta get me some more bottles then!
    That would be just terrible...CKbe is one of my all time fav, i liked it even better than the wishy-washy CKone -wich i like but let's be honest it's too blah-...
    I know!!!! I've always been a big fan of CK be. I was @ Macy's the other night & I got into a conversation w/ the SA & she asked me what some of my favorite frags are. I mentioned CK be, & she said that she believed it was being discontinued, because they no longer get sent any. I've been trying to curb my hoarding, lol. I broke into a 3.4oz bottle of CK be not too long ago, so I'm set for awhile. As long as it's readily available online for some time to come, I won't get too worried. Hmm, I think I know what my SOTD will be today!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

sorry to hijack a bit but is m7 fresh discontinued ?

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    If you want to have a good laugh, go to Ernie Gallo's Fragrance Abuse Clinic on this forum. We all have similar problems. For awhile there, I couldn't stand smelling plain air anymore. So I posted that concern, and people asked me where they could buy Plain Air.
    Very witty responses, sure to make you feel well again.
    The reformulation of Plain Air--Plane Air--is designed to suck air from your lungs and put you at a 7000ft altitude oxygen level, with lasting basenotes of sweat, bourbon and flatulence.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell