Code of Conduct

Smile Help me decide my next purchase

Hello,

I think I'm ready to make some fragrance purchases and would appreciate if you can throw in your best possible suggestions. I'm a beginner and I usually buy from Online and sometimes Samples first to see if I like it. Some of the fragrances I currently own and like are

Azzaro Chrome (Long lasting)
    Bvlgari Aqua (Clean Aquatic)
    Burberry Brit (Doesn't last long on me but still like it)
    Coolwater
    Gucci Envy (Love this)
    Terre De Hermes
    Givenchy Pi (not a regular wearer of this with its flowery notes but doesn't hate it but hope to finish this 1.7Oz in the next 10 years)

I definitely can't stand flowery fragrances. I got some samples of D&G Ph and Guerlain Vetiver and I'm definitely going to buy Guerlain Vetiver & also Gucci pH for Winter. Can Guerlain Vetiver be used during Winter or its more of a Summer scent?

Please let me know your suggestions and also fragrances which are not tooo costly.

I also find Mugler Cologne and Gendarme mentioned many times on the forums. Can someone give a links to these colognes some online retailers (scentiments, perfumania or perfumebay).

Thanks in advance

Deep

Default Re: Help me decide my next purchase

To me, Guerlain Vetiver is not a 'summer scent' because of the spicy nutmeg and warm tobacco. I think of autumn gardens, earth, sweat and crackling fireplaces when I wear it.

Here is a link to some Mugler Cologne option on perfume bay. http://www.perfumebay.com/brands-t-t...ry-mugler.html

Looking at your favorites, I am guessing you should like it because it's very fresh. And you might want to start venturing more into the "green" category as well. I will throw in CK1, believe it or not, it may be something you want to get a mini of as well.

Well, considering that you already have quite a collection of fresh scents (pretty good ones too!), I think we should focus on getting you some richer scents. You already have a good start with Gucci PH. Are you looking for something sweet, spicy, or leathery?

The Gucci is very dry and spicy, so you might want to go in another direction with other purchases. Something like Dior Homme, perhaps? A very good scent that's not really like anything in your wardrobe is Antaeus. I don't know, just play around. It's hard to make detailed recommendations with so little to go on.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Institution

I think you would be extremely satisfied with Happy for Men by Clinique.

Perfect for summer, light and fun without being flowery, and can be found very cheaply online and at dept. stores.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I think you would be extremely satisfied with Happy for Men by Clinique.

Perfect for summer, light and fun without being flowery, and can be found very cheaply online and at dept. stores.
    I actually disagree with mikeperez on this one... Happy Men is extremely pedestrian and ordinary. Clinique Happy for women is a much better structured and brighter fragrance (although its more fruity floral than Happy for Men); my gf has worn this for years and gifted me Happy Men.

If you are looking for citrus-vetivery fragrances, I would suggest you avoid both; there are many other fragrances which are similarly priced and smell better. Mugler Cologne, and Dior Eau Sauvage are excellent choices. 3 sprays of Guerlain Vetiver should work well in the summer, and won't allow the tobacco and spice notes to overwhelm the citrus and vetiver.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by perfdeep View Post
    Can someone give a links to these colognes some online retailers (scentiments, perfumania or perfumebay).
    Sounds like the search function on any of these sites would benefit you very well.

My vote goes for Envy (My SOTD, actually). FABULOUS fragrance.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Smile Re: Help me decide my next purchase

Thank you everyone for their replies. It was helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    [COLOR="DarkGreen"] I think we should focus on getting you some richer scents. You already have a good start with Gucci PH. Are you looking for something sweet, spicy, or leathery?

The Gucci is very dry and spicy, so you might want to go in another direction with other purchases. Something like Dior Homme, perhaps? A very good scent that's not really like anything in your wardrobe is Antaeus.
    I don't know if you mean richer meaning Nicer Cologne or something that costs more. With the current job I can't afford to buy ones which costs more for a 1.7oz bottle. I also dont know what exactly is sweet but I did try A*Men and I liked it as well. Is that a sweet one as it smelled quite different. I do like Spicy and Leathery stuff. Please provide your suggestions. Thanks again for your time.
    Last edited by perfdeep; 22nd August 2007 at 10:32 PM.

Go for the Gucci.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 23rd August 2007 at 03:06 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Give Azzaro Visit a try

A couple thoughts...

(clean)
    $Swiss Army
    $$$Hugh Parsons Traditional (blue)

(marine)
    $Society Yachting
    $$$Erolfa
    $$$Mare

(spice)
    $Capucci
    $$Dunhill Edition or Dunhill for Men (1934)
    $$$Creed Bois du Portugal

Best regards,
    Mike

Thumbs up Re: Help me decide my next purchase

Thanks Mike, Lampboy & rompip for your suggestions. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by silk4ever View Post
    Here is a link to some Mugler Cologne option on perfume bay. http://www.perfumebay.com/brands-t-t...ry-mugler.html

Looking at your favorites, I am guessing you should like it because it's very fresh. And you might want to start venturing more into the "green" category as well. I will throw in CK1, believe it or not, it may be something you want to get a mini of as well.
    Thanks so much for the link of Mugler Cologne. It was really helpful. Yes I'm looking into green category and I will definitely check out CK One.