Code of Conduct

Question Bulgari ph stinks i think?

I was wondering why bulgari pour homme gets such a positive reponse on this site. I was in Destin at a perfumania this week and I finally tried it and found it kind of smelly and not in a good way. I had tried so many others that day thats its possible my olfactory was screwed up...does it get better at the base...is the dry down worth it? Some help please.

Default Re: Bulgari ph stinks i think?

I think that when Bulgari Pour Homme "goes bad" it can have an unpleasant "dead mouse" smell...

try it from a fresh bottle.

I had pretty much the same reaction to it when I first tried it. I thought it smelled like pepper and old tea bags. I'm still not completely sold on the topnotes...but yes, it does get much better when it dries. The rose, woods, and finally the musk show themselves after a half hour or so. And it lasts a loooooong time. It's now one of my most worn fragrances.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I loved the top notes, but the drydown gives me an insane headache. Unwearable for me. I really wish I knew what was in it that does this to me.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

I sometimes get a buttery or fatty feeling off of Bvlgari pour Homme and it is not pleasent. Didn't notice that earlier, but I don't think anything is wrong with my bottle.

I agree, it has a weird spicy drydown that I'm not crazy about. I remember thinking at times that when Mugler Cologne dries down, it succeeds where Bph failed.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Basenotes Institution

Bulgari PH gets worn A LOT down here in Miami (for some reason..?) - I wore it years ago and never ever found it smelling 'off'. Interesting.

I rarely wear it now. Partly because it's so popular and also because it brings up a lot of memories about my ex-boyfriend that are intricately tied to the scent of Bulgari PH. You all know how that is...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Partly because it's so popular and also because it brings up a lot of memories about my ex-boyfriend that are intricately tied to the scent of Bulgari PH. You all know how that is...
    I know what you mean Mike, I have seroius trouble when I smell Chopard. And I mean Serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    I agree, it has a weird spicy drydown that I'm not crazy about. I remember thinking at times that when Mugler Cologne dries down, it succeeds where Bph failed.
    I think of Mugler as a "Bulgari PH light". They are not the same, but similar, and I agree that Mugler pulls it together much better than Bph. I also got an "insecticide" top note in Bph which, while it evaporated in a few minutes, was nearly unbearable.

I wore Bph to work a few times and found it much too heavy. Mugler is just right IMO.
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

Did anyone else in the immediate vicinity react to it the same way?

Thanks for the responses here...Nobody in the immediate vicinity reacted badly, but as Indie Guy put it almost perfectly...DEAD MOUSE smell...thats it ha ha. I really like mugler and thats why i tried PH becuase I heard it was this great clean cologne...Thanks for the response you guys!