Code of Conduct

Talking L'Artisan Parfumeur and LuckyScent - Oh happy day!

I might sound like a country mouse in this post but I'm too excited to care.

My mother was clearing out the guest room today in preparation for a visit from her brothers; she pulled a rather dusty basket out of a cupboard and I immediately homed in on a perfume sample. To my surprise the lettering on the sample read L'Artisan Parfumeur - Drole de Rose; it's nigh impossible to find niche fragrances here! We drown in an ocean of nice but dull mass market fumes.

I opened the sample and was swept away - it was complex, mysterious, dirty, vibrant and exciting. It conjured up beautiful images, noise, laughter, colour; it was an experience! This little island girl felt like she'd never really known perfume before. The collective voice of Basenotes seemed to whisper "LuckyScent" in my mind so I hopped on over and found out that they're willing to deliver to my wee island. I ordered samples of Dzing!, L'Eau d'Ambre, Fou d'Absinthe and, on a whim, POTL's Luctor et Emergo. I cannot wait!

Default Re: L'Artisan Parfumeur and LuckyScent - Oh happy day!

Congratulations girl, doing the happy dance here for you! L'Artisan's was my first full bottle of a non-department store fragrance, it was Voleur de Roses though. The only difference is that yours was by chance, mine was by choice.

Believe it or not, some time ago Drole de Rose was not even in the Directory which is a shame, because for me it is a very nice and fragile rose and violet scent. Wish more people knew about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Congratulations girl, doing the happy dance here for you! L'Artisan's was my first full bottle of a non-department store fragrance, it was Voleur de Roses though. The only difference is that yours was by chance, mine was by choice.

Believe it or not, some time ago Drole de Rose was not even in the Directory which is a shame, because for me it is a very nice and fragile rose and violet scent. Wish more people knew about it!
    I'm picturing the happy dance to be very much like Snoopy's; feet skipping, face turned up to the sun I'm going to sample this one properly tomorrow as it will be the first day of my week's vacation; good things go together.

Hi Sirena,
    :bounce:I'm doing a happy dance for you too. :bounce: You've joined BN around the same time I did -- I hope that you do post some more here! Do tell us of your perfume adventures!
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Quote Originally Posted by dimples View Post
    Hi Sirena,
    :bounce:I'm doing a happy dance for you too. :bounce: You've joined BN around the same time I did -- I hope that you do post some more here! Do tell us of your perfume adventures!
    Thank you so much! I'm just off to shower and start my day of testing. Those happily dancing emoticons are too cute!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

We feel and share your excitement. Everyone's story is different, but the pleasure of discovery is universal.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.