Code of Conduct

Default Question for those who own a bottle of Ungaro I

I have probably found a source for this beloved and rare item.A photo of the item and of the box is posted (I think not the actual photo) and my worries are the following:
    -altough the photo shows the Ungaro I,there is not such an inscription on the box,neither on the bottle.My old 30 ml/1 oz bottle had this inscription.That's my main concern.
    -altough the item is described as "spray",not the box,neither the bottle are marked as such,then the item pictured should be a "splash" one.
    The seller insists that the item he sells is the one pictured.But is there a 100 ml bottle of Ungaro I,as the one I have described?
    Please help,the price is tempting .
    Thank's!
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Default Re: Question for those who own a bottle of Ungaro I

I picked one of my 100 ml bottles of Ungaro I from my wardrobe and I is not written on the box, nor on the bottle.It is
    Eau de Toilette
    Ungaro
    Pour L'Homme
    and 100 ml vaporisateur is written down on the front side of the box.
    Hope this helps.

Thank's!
    The same seller lists 50 ml bottles too.On the box it says :

Eau de Toilette
    Ungaro
    Pour L'Homme
    50 ml vaporisateur 1.7 fl oz

but no such an info on the bottle or on the box that contain 100 ml.Weird!

On my 75 ml bottle (1992), the box says 'Ungaro I', bottle only says 'Ungaro'

The box has 'vaporisateur' on the front, 'natural spray' on the back, nothing on the bottle itself, 'vaporisateur - natural spray' on the label that's on the bottom of the bottle

Thank's for the replies!
    Anyway, I bought a 100 ml / 3.3 fl.oz. bottle for about 30 Euros (shipping included) .The seller still insists that the item is as the one pictured and comes as spray.This Ungaro is quite hard to find and the few bottles available at e bay are either splash ,or 30 ml /1 oz. sprays,costing about three times this price.In the worst case scenario,instead of Ungaro I ,the mailman will bring Ungaro II (even more rare ) ,or Ungaro III (still in production,not rare at all ).
    For those that are interested, there are many bottles left .
    (I know,I know,still suspicious in my opinion...).

It's so weird man. I've done a search on e-bay and you were right. a 50ml and a 100ml spray?

I still have a (empty) bottle /box of the original one from 1993 (or around that time) and it's a 75ml one .

I believe they came in only 75ml and 125 ml (or was it 50ml and 75ml, I'm starting to doubt now)

Or did they bring this one back into production?

When you get the item, look at the box.
    If it's made by Ferragamo parfums, (the original Ungaro's were made by Chanel and the boxes only said "Ungaro Parfums") they have brought this back into produktion.
    Now I'm curious.

Item arrived!
    It is exactly as described by the seller/pictured in the listing.There are three differences,compared to my old 30 ml bottle:
    -In the bottom of the 100 ml bottle ,the date that is written is 1991 and in the small bottle is 1993.
    -No number I is inscripted ot the box or on the bottle that I received.Possibly this is old stock and at that time (1991) Ungaro did not know that more launches should come ( II,III ) ,so no need to count (well,just a guess).
    -In the base and the top of the bottle there is gold colored plastic but in the small bottle there is just plain glass.
    But still,since the item is received by my brother,I have not smelled in yet.In any case,I am quite sure that this is a genuine item,at a bargain price :-)
    Last edited by discovolante; 8th September 2007 at 03:29 PM.