Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Millesime Imperial Limited Edition at Neimans only

Neiman Marcus has the exclusive for a limited edition gold Millesime Imperial.

Not the previous solid gold metal $225 bottle 4 ounce bottle that they already had. This is a 8.5 ounce bottle glass and gold combo, which includes a 2.5 ounce gold leather refillable atomizer, for $450.00. Preorder here: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...734cat14420744

If I may borrow a line from scentemental, in his 'rave' on the new CdG Luxe Series, 'It's another shameless scramble for the absurdly inflated top-shelf releases every one and their mother is trying to get in on.'

Default Re: Millesime Imperial Limited Edition at Neimans only

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Neiman Marcus has the exclusive for a limited edition gold Millesime Imperial.

Not the previous solid gold metal $225 bottle 4 ounce bottle that they already had. This is a 8.5 ounce bottle glass and gold combo, which includes a 2.5 ounce gold leather refillable atomizer, for $450.00. Preorder here: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...734cat14420744

If I may borrow a line from scentemental, in his 'rave' on the new CdG Luxe Series, 'It's another shameless scramble for the absurdly inflated top-shelf releases every one and their mother is trying to get in on.'
    You may and it is.

Yet, in the meantime, Creed can't come up with a $200-$300 dollar regular 8.5 oz flacon that doesn't leak.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 24th August 2007 at 12:22 AM.

I'm goint to have to rethink that my 8 oz. Aqua de Parma Colognia flacon was over inflated at $180.00.

I think the following link fits right in here - afterall, who cares about the juice when the bottles are so attractive, right ?

http://top10-world.blogspot.com/2007...-perfumes.html
    -

I like my Creeds, but the bottles are absolute borringg. I can make better caps using year old Bazooka bubble gum and spray paint.

That new flacon is gaudy and probably leaks like the rest of them.

I currently have two bottles of MI.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    I like my Creeds, but the bottles are absolute borringg. I can make better caps using year old Bazooka bubble gum and spray paint.

That new flacon is gaudy and probably leaks like the rest of them.

I currently have two bottles of MI.

TNMA
    Man, Creed bottles are my favourite! Especially the 75 ml bottles, with they're lovely shape spouting the majestic cap! I guess I'm a Rain Man type, who likes the same bottle over and over again with different colours.

If you don't want your caps, I'll buy GIT and Tabarome caps from you!
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

I dont know how I feel about the clear glass flacon. I wouldn't want to store the perfume not in use in clear glass - theres just too much of it. I would have preferred the original green glass. I have my large private collections safely resting in darkness even in their dark glass containers and I like the extra insurance policy.

I would have almost rathered the glass flacon be coated in gold, too. Why not get even gaudier? Because once you reach a certain point - anything goes.
    "To be irreplaceable, one must always be different!" - Coco Chanel

visit: WWW.SNIFFAPALOOZAMAGAZINE.COM

Quote Originally Posted by MarkDavid View Post
    I dont know how I feel about the clear glass flacon. I wouldn't want to store the perfume not in use in clear glass - theres just too much of it. I would have preferred the original green glass. I have my large private collections safely resting in darkness even in their dark glass containers and I like the extra insurance policy.

I would have almost rathered the glass flacon be coated in gold, too. Why not get even gaudier? Because once you reach a certain point - anything goes.
    Ha! Agree on both counts!

Speaking of which, I know that fake SMW's have the paint peel off vs the real ones, but what's peoples' experience with MI? I've had two different bottles that looked and smelled as real as anything, but they both had some gold foil chipping off. Were they really clever fakes or is it just the nature of the gold foil?
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

I bought my 4 oz. bottle of Creed Imperial directly from the Creed Boutique on Madison Avenue before it converted to Bond No. 9 and the gold foil is chipping off.
    "To be irreplaceable, one must always be different!" - Coco Chanel

visit: WWW.SNIFFAPALOOZAMAGAZINE.COM

$215,000? Why? Tell you what, I'll get some of the pope's tears bottled, slap a label on it, and stick it in a fancy box and tie that $215,000 price tag on it. It still won't be worth that much Dicky boy. On the other hand, a product is only worth as much as consumers are willing to pay for it.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Eye candy and nose candy...together - a beautiful love story.

Mike

Dependent

It makes a lovely gift from one corporate head to another especially at Christmas time and especially for your biggest account.

I have been witness to owners kicking back in the form of buying a customers daughter a horse and paying for all expenses till she went to college which was also paid for.

There was the incident of NYC police and the FBI leading a large bunch of Young & Rubicam's (at the time second largest ad agency in the world) biggies out in handcuffs for allegedly shaking down their suppliers.

I like how super-wealthy people always say that things like social security, unemployment insurance and single payer health care makes people lazy, meanwhile they get free everything!

Imagine buying a bottle of this and it's stale!
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 21st November 2007 at 05:46 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Basenotes Institution

I guess I imagine this would be the perfect gift for 'the man who has everything', no?

Victoria Beckham now has the perfect gift for Becks, for Xmas, perhaps.