Code of Conduct

Default A 2nd BALENCIAGA QUESTION, THEN

OK, here's another Balenciaga pour Homme question, then:
    If this stuff isn't readily available, what other than Kouros comes close for far less moolah? Any ideas out there in Basenotesville?

I CRAVE that same strong, earthy patchouli note that makes Balenciaga pour Homme so damned animalic, rich, gruff yet elegant, and deep. I want sillage and longevity for DAYS. (Zino doesn't quite cut it for me, btw, and I've yet to try Rive Gauche Intense. In fact, I just recently placed my bottle of Rive Gauche on the swap board in the hopes that I'll soon get a bottle of Intense.)

In the meantime, I'm still scouring the countryside for either more Balenciaga and/or a damn fine substitute (without having to take out a second mortgage).
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 24th August 2007 at 06:22 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Default Re: A 2nd BALENCIAGA QUESTION, THEN

Balenciaga Pour Homme is an oriental (woody) and once you've worn it consistently shares little in common with Kouros (fougere) other than the mild accord which is ultimately a relatively minor part of Balenciaga Pour Homme. Another positve is that it's one of the least sweet orientals so it's easier to consistently wear.

There's nothing else like it. It's a large fragrance "...which rounds out of cabochon the olfactive edges that one believed sharp." Sensual and refined, it also smells incredible on women.

It's not that expensive. Just buy the bottle. You'll be glad you did. It only requires three sprays at most and your set. A bottle will last a long time. I own two large bottles and have barely used an eighth (if that) of the first one.
    Last edited by pluran; 24th August 2007 at 06:52 AM. Reason: V20GMid

Blog Entries

I love Balenciaga pour homme in autumn it is the most delicious spiced honey oriental I have ever experienced (here the spice is king)! As pluran said a little goes a very long way...

I have found that YSL Opium EDT / EDP is a tamer, more civilised brother scent to the Balenciaga so that may be worth a try. You may also enjoy Lagerfeld KL pour homme.

HTH!
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Quote Originally Posted by moondeva View Post
    I love Balenciaga pour homme in autumn it is the most delicious spiced honey oriental I have ever experienced (here the spice is king)! As pluran said a little goes a very long way...

I have found that YSL Opium EDT / EDP is a tamer, more civilised brother scent to the Balenciaga so that may be worth a try. You may also enjoy Lagerfeld KL pour homme.

HTH!
    Good to see a woman who knows and wears it. One of the best orientals ever made (men's or women's) and like many masculine scents, smells incredible on women. Being less sweet than others makes it infinitely wearable. I can't compare it to anything else. It's impeccable, several cuts above Opium Pour Homme and KL Homme.
    Last edited by pluran; 26th August 2007 at 09:24 PM. Reason: source

I agree Balenciaga Pour Homme is not like Kouros at all. Balenciaga is much more deep in oriental spice with a sweetness to it. If anything slight it would be the top notes Opium for women - Opuim for men smells nothing like Balenciaga. I am very sad that this one is gone from the market.