Code of Conduct

Default should I get my friend creed vetiver for bday if...

he likes villoresi vetiver, LV wild lavender, 10 corso como (he loves dogs and it kind of smells like a well kept short haired pooch with a smooth coat),

does not like tom ford moss breches, silver mountain water, and calls them "too sweet"

he did like amouage silver cologne at first but after discovering LV Wild Lavender stopped using it.

mostly he hates the stuff I wear.

it seems risky... but on the other hand I think it's a pretty seductive fragrance if he would give it a chance... but is it "too sweet"?

just wondered what your thoughts were
    Last edited by supermarky; 24th August 2007 at 05:03 PM.

Default Re: should I get my friend creed vetiver for bday if...

OV? I think it's amazing.. earthy, but sweet and rounded. However, I've had people tell me it smells extremely dry and masculine on me. So... dunno.. I guess it's both? It's definitely less 'sweet' than SMW, so you may be good with it. Hmm, now I want to go put some on!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Yes, I would appreciate a new bottle, thanks for keeping me in mind.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

My birthday is coming up......
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Creed Vetiver (1948) or Creed Original Vetiver ?

Neither is sweet .. I get a decent amount of spices (pepper and coriander) from Original Vetiver, which when mixed with its fresh notes create a very attractive scent. Vetiver ('48) has a zing of ginger (and some other spices) infused in its vetiver combination which creates a very impressive mineral smell.

You can't go wrong with either, although Vetiver '48 is harder to find.
    -

If he likes those Lavender and Vetiver scents you mentioned, I'd say OV is a safe bet. But I always felt that OV was somewhat sweet and sugary (not overly so, not in a synthetic way), so it may be out. I'd opt for Vetiver '48 as it's a vetiver that's earthier and "darker" and might suit a LV fan. I prefer it (the Vetiver '48)...my fave vetiver along with LV's.

I think I have only tried OV... I better check them both out...!

funny that the original is newer than the "48"

I'm afraid he'll say "too sweet" at first but my hope is he would get over it... even though he has the LV vetiver (which is of course sooo different) I think it would be more interesting addition for him than some straight ahead sandalwood. esp as he liked corso como but he didn't purchase any... this makes me think that Tam Dao or the like would be received with pleasure but not "reached for" so much.
    Last edited by supermarky; 25th August 2007 at 05:33 AM.

If memory serves right, we both agreed that the "old" vetiver has the same mineral-like drydown as GIT.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Well, you can't go too wrong with OV, or GIT for that matter. They're both hard not to love. But from what you said, your friend's taste sounds a lot like mine. I'd say your better off going for Eucris or Passage d'Enfer. Or since two of his favorites are Villoresi's, you might want to go for Uomo, Piper Nigrum, or Yerbamate.

I finally got him LV Sandalo and a Lavender sachet also from LV, I considered Tam Dao, but they were out of it at Neimie's and . .. since he's been getting into LV lately I thoguht maybe the dyptique would be a little one dimensional anwyay.

He should be happy. the Sandalo costs more than the other LVs, btw, I did'nt know that, cause of the sandalwood. I was thinking my switch of plans would save me a few bucks but I ended up blowing almost the exact same amount of dough.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky View Post
    I finally got him LV Sandalo and a Lavender sachet also from LV, I considered Tam Dao, but they were out of it at Neimie's and . .. since he's been getting into LV lately I thoguht maybe the dyptique would be a little one dimensional anwyay.

He should be happy. the Sandalo costs more than the other LVs, btw, I did'nt know that, cause of the sandalwood. I was thinking my switch of plans would save me a few bucks but I ended up blowing almost the exact same amount of dough.
    So....did he like the Sandalo? Were you rewarded for your hard efforts?