Code of Conduct

Default SoTD, Saturday, August 25, 2007

I know it's not Saturday in my time zone yet, but I'm going to be out of town, and needed to be on the record (and with dragon fireworks no less) as wishing a VERY happy birthday to Riannon!!!!

In your honor, bear-sister, I will be wearing Profumum Fiore d'Ambra. Mmmmmmmmmmm...
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Default Re: SoTD, Saturday, August 25, 2007

C, the fact that you've now opened this thread saves me from having to wake up at 5 AM to do it myself . So, here goes:

This day, dear Basenoters, is a special one! We are celebrating the birthday of our lovely member Riannon. She has proven an extremely kind, generous and helpful person to many of us. Always there with a fun new puzzle on the 'guess the scent by the picture' thread, sharing her love for Guerlain and Lutens (not to forget the splendid weeks we've had with those houses!), or simply ready to give advice. Congratulations, my beloved strong & humorous Dragon, and may you have many more years filled with joy, perfume-passion and fine people around you!

In your honor, today I'm wearing Eau d'Hadrien. Pop a few bell bottles, bring out the champagne and put on the highly scented leather: have an unforgettable day!

P.S.
    Don't forget to keep your eye on a few of the member's avatars today...

P.P.S.
    Also: hurray to madridbatabidd!
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, Riannon!

Last edited by Quarry; 24th August 2007 at 11:57 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

May all your wishes come true!

Angélique Encens

Thumbs up Re: SoTD, Saturday, August 25, 2007

Today is already Saturday here & this August 25th I am sampling "Mean N' Green Fragrance 'A'".
    I haven't the least idea what it is, but it's about the same shade of green as Riannon's sleeping dragon here, and I like it!
    Happy B'Day Riannon & madridbatabidd (whoever & wherever you are!)
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

Game: Guess the birthday girl by all our changed avatars.

Happy birthday Riannon!

In honor of your special day, my SOTD:

Serge Lutens, Cuir Mauresque

Not midnight yet in my time zone either, but I wanted to participate too! People with avatars did their job, I will do mine: wear a fragrance in Riannon's honor. Sampling today, I had a choice and was even trying to add up the words for Attrape Coeur, but decided to go with a different fragrance:

So close, no matter how far
    Couldn't be much more from the heart
    Forever trusting ylang and vanilla
    And nothing else matters...

It always opens itself this way:
    Life is here, she lives it her way.
    Old-fashioned? Half funny? Half sunny?
    Best quality matters!

Any guesses?

"Dragons are the valiant defender of all that is good. They are fierce in their protection of all they love. And when there is someone to defend, someone who is being abused, Dragons come to the fore and right the wrongs.

Dragons are good and were created for the protection of mankind. Dragons love company, but can be very testy at times, so feel free to visit with them, but respect them and whatever you do, don't touch their hordes!"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

to my mystical and magical friend - my dearest DragonBambina!

In Riannon's honour, I will be wearing Métallica today.
    Last edited by Lady_in_Black; 25th August 2007 at 06:08 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

Happy birthday, Riannon!

Un lys SL today!
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

My dear, wonderful friends, this must be the best birthday present ever.

Only here, in this enchanted place, you will see a sudden hoard of Dragons appear, read Teasing Poems and the loving words of friends.
    No smilies today. Nothing could express my feelings of deepest friendship for you all sufficiently.

Celebrating today in Guet Apens. But this evening: a Dragon in Cuir Mauresque and green leather. Can't disappoint Hannibal.

Lord, do you all smell delicious! I wish you were here so I could hug you.

A, my Queen of Teasers, is that fragrance maybe Chamade? (heartshaped, Ylang, Vanilla)
    Quarry, how on earth did you made that avatar??

Enjoy this day as I am doing now.
    And thank you again for this wonderful birthday gift

:: oh well, one smiley is permitted, no? On a birthday?::
    Last edited by Riannon; 25th August 2007 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Birthday?? :))
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

happy bday Riannon!

my sotd: attraction by lancome sample.. hmmm attraction is kinda boring isnt it?

Happy Birthday Riannon! Here's a nice dragon from Legoland Windsor, where I went on Monday.

Rasa again.

I am wearing Artemisia.

Happy birthday Riannon, van harte gefeliciteerd en nog vele jaren!!!!

Happy birthday RiannonHope all your fragrance wishes come true.As for me I'm wearing Aromatics Elexir today.Couldn't resist it today:P

Narciso Rodriguez for him

Happy birthday Riannon

Happy Birthday, Riannon! Hope the day will be nothing but wonderful smelling!

SotD: Omnia by Bvlgari.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

I´m wearing L´Or de Torrente today.

Have a fantastic Birthday, dear Riannon! (not beer today; Krug Champagne "Brut Rose" )
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Dear Riannon:

Have a wonderful Birthday, my dear Dutch Dragon. All your Basenoter friends wish you many happy returns of the day, and pray you will continue to astound and amaze us with your most erudite posts, your profound and humorous insights and musings into our shared human condition. And of course, we eagerly await both your next puzzle and arresting avatar change!

XXXXKen

Wearing Lalique Pour Homme today while Riannon's Birthday rests gentle on my mind..
    Last edited by kbe; 25th August 2007 at 12:37 PM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Just dropping in to wish RIANNON a wonderful, fragrant birthday!!!!!

Wearing biehl-Mark Buxton 03

Have a wonderfully fragrant day dear Riannon. All the best to you on your Birthday.

In your honour, I too will be wearing Guet Apens as my SOTD and Cuir Mauresque as my SOTE.
    Last edited by dimples; 25th August 2007 at 01:23 PM.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Not midnight yet in my time zone either, but I wanted to participate too! People with avatars did their job, I will do mine: wear a fragrance in Riannon's honor. Sampling today, I had a choice and was even trying to add up the words for Attrape Coeur, but decided to go with a different fragrance:

So close, no matter how far
    Forever trusting ylang and vanilla
    And nothing else matters...

Any guesses?
    Oh Wolfie, is this my beloved Metallica?

"So close, no matter how far
    Forever trusting who we are
    and nothing else matters"

--------------------------------------
    And Ken, devious and cunning, provided his own secret puzzle

"Dutch Dragon is a huge Sativa variety that produces superb yields from long sticky colas. The aroma is very citrusy and sweet, like tangerines, as is the taste. The buzz is a lasting, clear high that increases an appetite for music and pleasure".

::that man knows me too well, it seems::
    Last edited by Riannon; 25th August 2007 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Right you are, R! And I am a happy scent twin with Lady_in_Black today again.

And again, thank you all for your wonderful posts, avatars, teasing puzzles and, well, for being here. Being the wonderful fragranced friends you are

((((HUG))))

--------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Right you are, R! And I am a happy scent twin with Lady_in_Black today again.
    And do you two beauties smell delicious

Thank you, dear Wolfie. One 'Metallic Beast' of a puzzle it was!
    Last edited by Riannon; 25th August 2007 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Best wishes for a great year, dear Riannon.
    In this late time zone, I will be imagining you out to dinner at a marvellous restaurant, sipping fine wine and dining on haute cousine, and of course, smelling teriffic.
    Today, I will annoint myself with a tiny drop of the saved Djedi in your honor.
    Last edited by purplebird7; 25th August 2007 at 02:25 PM.

HAPPYHAPPYHAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL DRAGON!!!

With love and gratitude for all you have given to me!
    (and thanx to BrothaG for organizing us!!)

As for SotD:

Picture this....freshly showered (with unscented gel) and oiled (I have dry skin and use unscented jojoba oil as a base on wrists and forearms [and elbows] face, throat and [beautiful] chest!!) I approach my desk with it's beckoning packet of 3X3 Light'nWhites - quivering with anticipation!!! (Me, not the packet.)

OK - here's A.! Pale yellow/orange - rather like the color of white tea - and like sample B is slightly more viscous than C. So an EDP or oil?

First sniff of bottle/vial is bright and sharp but not hesperidic. First sniff on application is JASMINEJASMINEJASMINE and a bit green. Smart. I think a bit of frangipani in there...and a hint of gardenia. After one hour it has mellowed down - a slight hint of sandalwood and maybe castoreum?? - with the jasmine and frangipani battling it out for first place. Reminds me a bit of Ayala's Tamaya.

I like it - it's perfect for this hot humid day. Is it FBW - the jury's still out.

It's name?

Beats me!
    Last edited by TaoLady; 25th August 2007 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Credit where credit is due!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

summer means fireflys

Happy birthday Riannon, hope you had a very special day ...

I'm wearing Tabac Blond today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Riannon! Have a wonderful scent-filled day!

CUIR MAURESQUE for me as well today. Delicious!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Happy Birthday Riannon!

My hours always make me late to the BN Parties (sigh). Hope you had a lovely day!

I am beginning my day, a very hot sticky one, in Nanadebary Green. Always flawless in the heat!

Happy Bday Riannon!

Couldn't figure out what to wear as nothing I own was "deep" enough for me.
    I sprayed on some CK Obsession which almost hit the spot, but then veered way off course. It went from cheap, to "ok", and now it's play-doh.

Gonna go put on something else before my kids try to mold me into something.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    And Ken, devious and cunning, provided his own secret puzzle

"Dutch Dragon is a huge Sativa variety that produces superb yields from long sticky colas. The aroma is very citrusy and sweet, like tangerines, as is the taste. The buzz is a lasting, clear high that increases an appetite for music and pleasure".

::that man knows me too well, it seems::
    Wha...? Huh..? Oh, ummmmm...yeah. I come from purely academic knowledge of this plant, one garnered from years of study and survey for the benefit of my fellow man, not from an experiential one, of course.

And doggone! I bet your SO is NEVER able to sneak one past you.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Happy Birthday Riannon!
    It's Michael by Michael Kors on this extremely HOT day

Quote Originally Posted by virgo75 View Post
    ....I sprayed on some CK Obsession which almost hit the spot, but then veered way off course. It went from cheap, to "ok", and now it's play-doh.

Gonna go put on something else before my kids try to mold me into something.

"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Hurray for the weekend!!!

What am I so happy about? I'm at work. Oh wait it's overtime plus bonus and weekend/eve/night differential. Hurray for the weekend!

Today I am wearing Scent...costume national. Man, I smell good.

Happy Birthday Riannon!!
    Last edited by Divatologist; 25th August 2007 at 09:08 PM.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Happy Birthday Riannon!

Acqua di Sale on this hot day...

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    Quarry, how on earth did you made that avatar??
    It was a bit painful for Ms. de Bary, what with all the scale-to-skin grafting , but being an artist, she understands suffering for one's art.

Okay, truth is, I searched online for a dragon line drawing that was at the right angle, then brought the needed portions together in Photoshop. So happy to tickle you on your special day.

So ... does a fire-breathing dragon blow out all the candles on its cake or make a wish and ignite them instead?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Best of birthdays to our lady of the 3 birds.

Don't have time for a post catching up on the last few weeks so for today I am testing Micallef's Black Sea. Why do I even let myself try these rare and hard to find ones. This one is perfect for me.

Romance Silver.....Gary

Very late to the scent of the day Birthday party. I am wearing the unknown sample A light and white! A very belated but Happy Birthday to Riannon....may you have a blessed year!

Have a Wonderful Birthday Riannon!

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    It was a bit painful for Ms. de Bary, what with all the scale-to-skin grafting , but being an artist, she understands suffering for one's art.

Okay, truth is, I searched online for a dragon line drawing that was at the right angle, then brought the needed portions together in Photoshop. So happy to tickle you on your special day.

So ... does a fire-breathing dragon blow out all the candles on its cake or make a wish and ignite them instead?
    Ehrm, I am afraid that the fire-breathing dragon cindered the cake a little bit

Ms. de Bary did not suffer in vain, I love her Dragonlooks.

::It has been a wonderful day and night, but I think I am going back to bed. Three hours of sleep is really not enough::