Code of Conduct

Default NEW: Diesel Fuel for Life.

The folks at Macy's told me yesterday that Diesel is coming out with a new men's fragrance (the first under the L'Oreal agreement) real soon now (September, to be exact). And here is its name: Fuel for Life.

According to NowSmellThis, the men's Fuel for Life (a fougere created by Annick Menardo and Jacques Cavallier) will consist of anise and grapefruit top notes, raspberry and lavender middle notes, and heliotrope and dry woods base notes. A women's version will also be available at launch in September.

Nice to see men's scents slowly starting to gravitate away from aquatics. And the TV ads are interesting, too (love that slogan)...
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: NEW: Diesel Fuel for Life.

lets see how is gonna be the ad and specially the fragance. i like a lot the the clothing brand.. ill give it a chance to this release.

I love the bottle it looks so 1800's. The comericals are very esoteric...would you say?

Problem is L'Oreal really makes some weak watered down scents with no lasting power...example Aramani Attitude to name one.
    Last edited by scentimus; 26th August 2007 at 01:38 AM.

#1....L'Oreal does not make the scents.....
    #2.....Attitude is not weak and watered down.....If anything Attitude is stated to be on the strong side.....We must remember not to look at all scents from a basenotes point of view.....You have to remember.....the general public does not view fragrance like we do....what many of us think are great fragrances...the general public would call awful....That's why many of our holy grails would not last for one season at the mall.
    I like all types of fragrance...we go thru this all the time here at BN....if I had to live with Niche scents only....that would be boring.....the same goes with designer mall scents.....I like fragrance....all types, families, houses and flavors......Period.......Gary

I've tried the feminine Fuel for Life, it's quite interestingly retro. I got lots of lemon and lime in it, citrussy and also floral but also somewhat bitter.....I expect the men's version to be quite appealing

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    #1....L'Oreal does not make the scents.....
    #2.....Attitude is not weak and watered down.....If anything Attitude is stated to be on the strong side.....We must remember not to look at all scents from a basenotes point of view.....You have to remember.....the general public does not view fragrance like we do....what many of us think are great fragrances...the general public would call awful....That's why many of our holy grails would not last for one season at the mall.
    I like all types of fragrance...we go thru this all the time here at BN....if I had to live with Niche scents only....that would be boring.....the same goes with designer mall scents.....I like fragrance....all types, families, houses and flavors......Period.......Gary

Gary get off drinking coffee move to decaf dude.

And this is for the folks who don't want Fuel for life in their life,

http://www.nolegalization.com/

LOL! Clever marketing campaign!

At least I went for it (guess I'm a marketeers wet dream)

I bought the bottle, with excuse that I'll give it as a birthday present.
    I will expect that a lot BN ers will find this fragrance extremely boring, and yes it's an inoffensive , easy, fresh fragrance (boring) targeted at the youngsters I guess. The bottle is cute, with a diesel pouch covering it.

Nothing much to say about it further.

Check out the anti-campaign on you tube
    Last edited by eric; 28th August 2007 at 07:17 AM.

well.,. sure will be a successful fragance for Diesel brand ...

some fragance in your mind when you tested it ???

BTW, for those of you living in the States, Nordstrom now has both the men's and women's Fuel For Life on their website.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I tested Diesel Fuel for Life today (for men)...it has nothing to do with fougére scents or notes! It smells like Hugo Boss (Hugo...you know that adventure bottle). It is very fresh in the opening...for me...there is nothing masuline...The hype and promotion is big, but this one got no charisma...maybe i have to test it again. Yes, it is created for the younger crowd. I just went to the YSL and bought Rive Gauche (the original one)

And don´t get me wrong Armani Attitude last on my skin the whole day (only 3 sprays on the neck)...

I just read a reply to one of my post.....I'm sorry if I offended You but I just stated facts.....I may have to rethink this basenotes thing if we are going to have posts that are aimed at our character.....And by the way.....I don't drink coffee.......Gary

Quote Originally Posted by P-Natra View Post
    And don´t get me wrong Armani Attitude last on my skin the whole day (only 3 sprays on the neck)...
    On me , no more than 20 min....

Thumbs up Re: NEW: Diesel Fuel for Life.

I agree with P-Natra, I have today tested the men's Fuel for life and also think it isn't a traditionally masculine fragrance. It is very chalky, and the aniseed in it is wonderfully overpowering. Excellent stuff

Lord and Taylor has this as well. I agree with most of what has been said about it. Pretty boring, I guess. Nothing memorable, anyway.

The "pouch" looks like an ugly burlap sack.

This is for kids.

---

Went back and tested it today...Even worse than I remember! WAYYYY too fruity!
    Last edited by Scentronic; 31st August 2007 at 02:05 AM.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah