Code of Conduct

Default Similarities between Acier Aluminium and Musc Ravageur?

Am I losing my mind?

Having just received samples of each, I'm noticing a lot of similarities in the top/middle notes of these two fragrances. Musc Ravageur definitely has a sweeter/musc-ier base, whereas Acier Aluminium has the Creed millesime base but I am definitely detecting a lot of similarities in the spicy/vanilla notes.

Anyone else get this?

Default Re: Similarities between Acier Aluminium and Musc Ravageur?

Guerlain Shalimar and Musc Ravageur? Somewhat yes.

Acier Aluminum and Musc Ravageur? They are 10% similar.

Perhaps you need to spend more time with the samples. Atleast more than a few minutes ..
    -

You are probably not losing your mind - Musc Ravegeur has just borrowed it for awhile. You will get it back soon.

It is really difficult to sample and compare these two to each other because the MR is such a dominant fragrance it can move in and take over the nose making it impossible to really compare to a very subtle fragrance like Acier Aluminum. Take time and sample both separate from each other.

They have some similarities, but they really are not like each other much.

Basenotes Institution

I will agree with the comments about MR 'taking over your nose'. Retest again soon and repost when you do. I have always said that MR smells a LOT like Ambre Narguile by Hermes.

Off-Scenter

None. Simple as that.

Oh - I guess they are both liquids.

Cool Re: Similarities between Acier Aluminium and Musc Ravageur?

Quote Originally Posted by sisco View Post
    Am I losing my mind?

Having just received samples of each, I'm noticing a lot of similarities in the top/middle notes of these two fragrances. Musc Ravageur definitely has a sweeter/musc-ier base, whereas Acier Aluminium has the Creed millesime base but I am definitely detecting a lot of similarities in the spicy/vanilla notes.

Anyone else get this?
    Well, though I agree with zztop's comments about Shalimar, I think perhaps the similarities between the AA and MR may be a bit higher than 10%

Both are somewhat feminine scents, and though MR gets slightly more butch in drydown, it's still so close to Shalimar that I believe it could be worn by any female without incurring the reproach of being overbearingly macho. This ain't Vintage Tabarome

AA has the famous/ infamous Creed civet note which enters center stage sooner than in most Creeds, and keeps it in the Y chromosone range. Decadent, to be sure, but --ah hell, read the reviews . . .

No, you're not losing your mind, but it's like sampling PI and Cristobal and Jaipur.

Completely different, but you've got to give the nostrils a break from vanilla overload.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

After a much longer assessment, I can certainly see what you guys are talking about re. MR taking over your nose...it's pretty amazing actually. I guess that's why so many people choose it as their "club" frag.

I think initially I was getting caught up on the spicy cinnamon/nutmeg/clove top notes which do bare a resemblance in my mind. The dry down of each scent is quite different though for sure.

The great part of this mystery is that both scents are exceptional...add two more bottles to the list!