Code of Conduct

Question Chevrefeuille Original OK for a man?

Hi

I've tried and love Chevrefeuille Original by Creed, and I'm ready to buy a bottle. I just need reassuring that this is an acceptable scent for a man!

I've heard all ths spiel about wearing what you are comfortable with, and I will probably buy and wear it.

I was just interested to know how people feel about it, and whether you think it's too feminine for a man or not. I've read some comments in the review section about it's femininity, and am a bit wary. It's definitely a unique and wonderful fragrance, I just can't quite make my mind up as to whether I want to wear it myself or smell it on my girlfriend!

Not looking for people to make my mind up, just their opinion.

Yowza.

Default Re: Chevrefeuille Original OK for a man?

I wore it for about 3 months. It's fine for a man. What bugged me is that it had a vague mildew smell to it. Could never get past that.

Tom

I think the top and heart are quite unisex, even asexual . I don't see this as a sexual attractant scent for either gender. I think the drydown is quite manly and herbal.

I bought my bottle in the Creed shop in Paris so it will always have memories of that city for me.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Absolutely. I had it on heavy rotation this spring and summer... until I emptied my bottle. I would definitely buy it again. I felt totally comfortable wearing it. As hirch_duckfinder pointed out, the herbal drydown makes it perfectly wearable by a man.

Totally unisex for me too even if the ambery-green drydown tends maybe more towards the masculine side. Totally pleasant on a woman too though.

I was going wild about this scent for a few days last month, smelling it out of the sample vial over and over...then I wore it a few times and pretty much did a 180... It just starts to smell like a dairy farm, imo... a beautiful one, but...a dairy farm. It just made me ask myself why in the hell I would want a cologne like that! There are other creative scents that would smell much better on me.

edit 1/4/07
    Ok now I really want it again.
    Last edited by Scentronic; 4th January 2008 at 06:46 AM.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

It was actually produced as a man's fragrance.

Barry

My opinion is it's 95% feminine, rest is unisex.
    Honest, I could never wear it.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

It's definitely herbal. I've tried my sample of it several times, but it smells very musty on me. I think it leans more toward the masculine side.

It's a delightful warm-weather fragrance that's on my wish list; my two cents are that it's totally appropriate for a man
    My current top 10: Richard James; Clive Christian No. 1 for Men; L'Artisan Voleur de Roses; Creed Aventus, Erolfa, Santal Imperial, Virgin Island Water, and Windsor; Serge Lutens Chergui and Gris Clair

"It is never to late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I wear it and it strikes me as a shared scent.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Absolutely wearable; crisp and green with a soft floral undertone. Remembers me of a classic men's cologne.

Easily unisex and the prominent herbal drydown might even push it into the mens territory.

The cool mint prevents the honeysuckle note prominent in the first half from making the scent too floral.

Good stuff, and very few people wear it.
    Last edited by zztopp; 28th August 2007 at 09:44 AM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
    Absolutely wearable; crisp and green with a soft floral undertone. Remembers me of a classic men's cologne.
    ditto

Thanks for all the replies, very interested in people's opinions.

Well I bought a bottle and I think it will do perfectly for the last of the summer and start of the autumn months arriving here soon.

As I'm trying now slowly my bunch of Creed samples it strikes me that this is of the same genre that Villoresi Yerbamate. Just, while in case of Yerbamate I should wait several hours for the nice drydown to come to the surface, this one delivers it within 10 minutes. Quite nice.

I love it! Both my DH and DS wear it. I wear it too but, it is better on them.

I've been wearing it for a few years and have had good comments. From the variety of posts, it seems this scent morphs into something different on each wearer, as a good scent should. My suggestion is to buy a test vial again and wear it for a week before you make the decision and hand over your hard earned quid....
    Last edited by greendragon; 21st January 2008 at 01:07 AM.
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.