Code of Conduct

Default so happy to be back! and Marc Jacobs Daisy

hi everyone! I've not been able to log on for ages, loads to catch up on! Hope you have all had fab summers.

My news - I am lucky enough to be 4months pregnant, following my miscarriage in February. And almost as good news, the early nausea is well and truly gone so I'm working my way through my wardrobe finding out what works even better and what doesn't work any more at all. One of my favourites is the Bvlgari Voile de Jasmine, which I bought after the miscarriage to honour and remember my lost baby. I love how it smells and it helps me to bring the two babies together in my heart.

Has anyone tested Marc Jacobs Daisy yet? I am intrigued by the notes and the bottle.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: so happy to be back! and Marc Jacobs Daisy

Quote Originally Posted by Hebe View Post
    hi everyone! I've not been able to log on for ages, loads to catch up on! Hope you have all had fab summers.

My news - I am lucky enough to be 4months pregnant, following my miscarriage in February. And almost as good news, the early nausea is well and truly gone so I'm working my way through my wardrobe finding out what works even better and what doesn't work any more at all. One of my favourites is the Bvlgari Voile de Jasmine, which I bought after the miscarriage to honour and remember my lost baby. I love how it smells and it helps me to bring the two babies together in my heart.

Has anyone tested Marc Jacobs Daisy yet? I am intrigued by the notes and the bottle.
    Welcome back Hebe - congrat's on your pregnancy!

Honestly, I was so underimpressed with Mr. Jacob's last splash offerings (Orange and Cucumber), I was planning on ignoring Daisy. But perhaps I'll make a point to sniff it next time I see it. The 'wild strawberry' and 'wild violet leaves' notes sound intriguing.

Ooh a quick update...:

I just noticed that Marc Jacobs has a website dedicated to Daisy: www.daisymarcjacobs.com where you can order a free sample (after completing a harmless little questionaire)! Get to it Hebe!
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 27th August 2007 at 09:05 PM.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Good to see you floating amongst us again, Hebe. I noticed your Avatar right away in Sotd and wondered about your well being. Best wishes
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

It smells awesome.. really light and wearable, although at the same time it really does make an impression because of the playful top notes. The whole concept of the scent (see the website ) makes you feel glowy and young when you wear it. Of all of the new releases I've smelled lately (Kate Moss 'Kate', Paul Smith Rose, Diesel Fuel for Life, Hugo XX), this one is by far one of the best.

Congratulations on your pregnancy Hebe! I tried Daisy at the mall last week and it was nice, very fresh and zingy! I don't know that I would buy a bottle of it ( although I am very enamored with the bottle and the Covet bottle too) but I would buy it for my teenage daughter and steal a squirt now and then .

Congrats on your pregnancy! Hope everything goes well.
    I am a big fan of Marc Jacobs Perfume and of Marc Jacobs for men, haven't had the time to test Daisy but i hear it's good.

:bounce: Hi, there Hebe! :bounce:

SO glad you're doing well... especially with the pregnancy but also with your scents. Your Voile de Jasmin choice is lovely. What a great way to honor both babies.

Keep us posted, please!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Whereabouts is the questionnaire and sample thing? I hate those Flash websites - they irritate the heck out of me and I can never find what I'm looking for.

Thanks everyone.

Mike - thank you for the link. The sample offer is only for US residents, but I'm sure I'll make it to a city soon, lots of baby shopping to do after all.

I'm not normally big on citrus scents but am really fancying them now, also the Malle Bigarade, which I caught a scent of in Les Senteurs and haven't forgotten.

Congratulations, Hebe - I hope this one goes much better for you.

I sniffed Daisy today. It was light and flirty and pleasant enough, but not me. Actually I can't remember much about it, being honest!

Haven´t tried Daisy (yet). Just wanted to say how truly happy I am to hear things are going your way again, dear Hebe!
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! :bounce:

Please keep us posted!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Congrats with your pregnancy, Hebe!

I'm also interested in Daisy, so I'm off to the site that was mentioned.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Talking Re: so happy to be back! and Marc Jacobs Daisy

Quote Originally Posted by Hebe View Post

Daisy failed to impress me, it's pretty but... meh.
    However, when I was pregnant, these "meh" fragrance affected me like true divine ambrosia, lol.
    They just bloomed and turned exceptionally beautiful then after the baby was born, I couldn't stand them.
    You've got another 5 months, go for it!!

Congratulations and may all of the goddesses who watch out for mothers keep a special eye on you.

So glad our new panther lady mentioned it; your sense of smell may well be enhanced and your tastes vastly changed so I'd go for smaller bottles for a while. Also many babies seem to dislike perfume, so indulge now. And btw- you do look beautiful.

wow congrats on the baby, Hebe wishing you all the best for the pregnancy

Congrats to Hebe (our hearts went out to you at the miscarriage) and molto graz' to Mike for the Jacobs site. (I'd love to have that field of daisies for for my screen saver! SO perky!)

Seems kinda late in the year for this kind of frag - unless MJ is courting you guys on the bottom half of the sphere!!

(Hebe - if you don't get to it - pm me your addy and I'll share my sample when it comes from MJ!! )
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

:bounce: Thank you, you are all so lovely!

I agree Taolady, it seems odd to release such a summery scent at the start of autumn. Thank you for your kind offer, we are going to go to Birmingham soon after the 20 week scan in a few days time, and I'll pick up an outfit for a wedding and do some sampling then.

MC panther and Kyra - I will resample some of my more "meh" scents this week - thank you for the tip!

Hi Hebe! And CONGRATULATIONS! I am so thrilled for you, and glad that you're feeling better. We're running just about neck-in-neck, here; I'm 5 months pregnant. It was a huge surprise for me, I'm 41 and I have two sons, ages 13 and 8, and this baby is finally a girl! Unfortunately I'm already on bedrest (as with the other two), but resting up and being bored for a few months is more than worth it in the long run. My thoughts are with you across the miles.:bounce:

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah View Post
    Hi Hebe! And CONGRATULATIONS! I am so thrilled for you, and glad that you're feeling better. We're running just about neck-in-neck, here; I'm 5 months pregnant. It was a huge surprise for me, I'm 41 and I have two sons, ages 13 and 8, and this baby is finally a girl! Unfortunately I'm already on bedrest (as with the other two), but resting up and being bored for a few months is more than worth it in the long run. My thoughts are with you across the miles.:bounce:
    Congratulations to you too, Tovah!

I'm also 41, it's my first pregnancy that has made it this far, and we hope to find out what sex it is at the 20wk scan this Wednesday. Look after yourself, as you say I'm sure the resting and boredom will be worth it, we'll probably both be longing for a day in bed once the babes are born. In the meantime you have plenty of time for sampling! If you are up to it of course.

summer means fireflys

Congratulations to you Hebe, and welcome back.

I had not even thought about Daisy until this thread, the "wild strawberry" note made my nose perk up. I've been semi-searching for a nice strawberry scent ... so I signed up for one of the free samples. Thank you for the link, Mike!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    Congratulations to you Hebe, and welcome back.

I had not even thought about Daisy until this thread, the "wild strawberry" note made my nose perk up. I've been semi-searching for a nice strawberry scent ... so I signed up for one of the free samples. Thank you for the link, Mike!
    You're welcome shades...have you smelled Black XS by Paco Rabanne. It's for men, but a woman could totally pull this scent off (it's extremely hard to find on shelves...but can be found online easily). It has the most comforting strawberry jam note in it - smells just like Smuckers strawberry preserves. With a slight darkness to it. I've heard it described as 'goth Pez candy'. Try it if you can find it.

Looking forward to my Daisy sample too.

summer means fireflys

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    You're welcome shades...have you smelled Black XS by Paco Rabanne. It's for men, but a woman could totally pull this scent off (it's extremely hard to find on shelves...but can be found online easily). It has the most comforting strawberry jam note in it - smells just like Smuckers strawberry preserves. With a slight darkness to it. I've heard it described as 'goth Pez candy'. Try it if you can find it.

Looking forward to my Daisy sample too.
    no, I haven't tried it, but you bet I will be looking for it ... sounds very good ... and thanks again
    I've trademarked the color bleu