Code of Conduct

Default Lorenzo Villoresi - Sandalo

Dear beloved Sandalo,

I love you. I truly do!

Of all the various sandalwoods out there, it's you that I have chosen to merry me.
    You might probably know, that I'm not ready at the moment to plunk down big money for quality oud stuff, but I AM ready to plunk down big money for quality sandalwood.
    Your my creamy-dreamy essence that only special moments can bear, you're my void when there's only mainstream nonsens that makes me sick. Let's have a sit down by that river and let's have a look at the sea as well and the indian culture and after all - after all these fabulous impressions - have a nap and dream it all over again. Thank you Lorenzo, this is mysore sandalwood - mysore sandalwood shown in all it's beauty. Sandalo, you're my reference!

.... but evil as normal is around the corner, attention: a tiny sample of Montale's Mysore Sandalwood is on it's way ....
    Last edited by dr.creed; 27th August 2007 at 07:56 PM.
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Lorenzo Villoresi - Sandalo

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed View Post
    Dear beloved Sandalo,

I love you. I truly do!

Of all the various sandalwoods out there, it's you that I have chosen to merry me.
    You might probably know, that I'm not ready at the moment to plunk down big money for quality oud stuff, but I AM ready to plunk down big money for quality sandalwood.
    Your my creamy-dreamy essence that only special moments can bear, you're my void when there's only mainstream nonsens that makes me sick. Let's have a sit down by that river and let's have a look at the sea as well and the indian culture and after all - after all these fabulous impressions - have a nap and dream it all over again. Thank you Lorenzo, this is mysore sandalwood - mysore sandalwood shown in all it's beauty. Sandalo, you're my reference!

.... but evil as normal is around the corner, attention: a tiny sample of Montale's Mysore Sandalwood is on it's way ....
    You and Sandalo need to get a room!

Seriously, Dr. Creed, how would you compare Villoresi Sandalo with Profumum Santalum, my absolutely fav sandalwood ?

I used to own this one and I miss it. I think I swapped it because I didn't wear it much but it really is an amazing and unique sandalwood fragrance.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Funny. If you and SL Santal de Mysore have a falling out over your torrid romance with Sandalo, please let me know. Santal de Mysore will always find a home in my wardrobe.

Sandalo if one I've been dying to try out for ages now. The descriptions in the directory sound great and I'm a big fan of Tam Dao too. Next time I order from FIF (hopefully very soon) I will be asking for a sample.

Basenotes Institution

I am wearing this today, for the 1st time, and as a big fan of sandalwood this one is very pleasing and easy-to-love I can see why it has it's fans. My sample was very small so I decanted it into a plastic atomizer and only sprayed on a small amount. I want more so I can really douse myself in its brittle, woody, creamy goodness.

This is one I definitely need a decant of.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I had a bottle several years ago. I never got creamy out of it - it seemed very linear and dry with some rosewood in it. Probably the driest fragrance I can ever recall owning.
    The Bark Bites Back.

I have just recently joined the many, like yourself, who love or have loved Sandalo! I had recently acquired a decant of Sandalo and am absolutely smitten with this sandlewood!! Having sampled several others like the Great (and rather enjoyable) MPG's Santal Noble, amongst others, I will gladly attatch myself to this wonderous 'elixir'! On the horizon? Possession of a full bottle! lol
    "Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each!" - Henry David Thoreau

I agree with The Bark that it is both linear and dry.
    To my nose though, it does a pretty fine job in capturing the creamy, somewhat nutty, close-to-the-skin qualities of actual Mysore sandalwood. It is incredibly smooth and, to me, comforting.
    I'm delighted to have a bottle in my wardrobe.

Tried this and is definitely not for me.

AromiErotici

Lorenzo is the Frank Zappa of parfumers. I wanted to like Sandalo since I love sandalwood, but it was a rough, austere rendition of woods with rosewood front and center ( for me anyway).

I like it and I don't. I may have to get another decant to see if I have a change of heart.

I own it and love it!

Thumbs up Re: Lorenzo Villoresi - Sandalo

Moi love VILLORESI SANDALO, much more than any other, even the one from PROFUMUM ROMA
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Institution

I agree that this one is linear and sort of clubbing-you-over-the-head-with-wood, but I happen to like that wood overdose (like Chene by SL). In fact, this is everything that Wonderwood by CdG tries to do, but fails. There are some times when the roughness and stark realism of Villoresi's scents can be grating, but in this case I appreciate it. Yes, there's a ton of rosewood here but because of the way it plays off my skin in the air around me, it smells JUST like Mysore Sandalwood essential oil does when I wear it on skin: hushed, varnish-like, creamy.

Because of it's linear character I think a decant of this would do me just fine, as I might not reach for it as much as my other blended sandalwood scents, especially the 'sweet' ones. Still, I must get more of this soon.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I agree that this one is linear and sort of clubbing-you-over-the-head-with-wood, but I happen to like that wood overdose (like Chene by SL). In fact, this is everything that Wonderwood by CdG tries to do, but fails. There are some times when the roughness and stark realism of Villoresi's scents can be grating, but in this case I appreciate it. Yes, there's a ton of rosewood here but because of the way it plays off my skin in the air around me, it smells JUST like Mysore Sandalwood essential oil does when I wear it on skin: hushed, varnish-like, creamy.

Because of it's linear character I think a decant of this would do me just fine, as I might not reach for it as much as my other blended sandalwood scents, especially the 'sweet' ones. Still, I must get more of this soon.
    I agree Mike........and I also jotted down ( as a reminder ) to give this one another go. I last tried it in 2008 and my interpretations have changed somewhat since then regarding other fragrances. I won't go for a bottle, but a decant is in order.

I love this and bought my bf a bottle over the summer.