Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Tom Ford for Men - info about the scent, NOT the man, ads, etc...

I wore a few spritzes from my Tom Ford for men sample yesterday at work and received tons of compliments. Am I the only one who notices this, but don't you find that the fragrance shares quite a few similarities with M7 Fresh.. and it's tangy/woodsy/spicy theme?

The fragrance lasted a long time and was distinct enough to set itself apart from other mainstream fragrances. I really enjoy this one.

a.

I think I also was a little to quick to write this one off. I've worn it several times recently and its better than I had originally thought.

Regards,
    Steve

Sephora finally added this online so it is available there and until the 23rd is 20% off with the code FF2007.

where on the Sephora site does one enter the code? I can't seem to find the right area..

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by NearFantastica View Post
    where on the Sephora site does one enter the code? I can't seem to find the right area..

Anthony
    It is all the way at the end of checkout. You have to go thru 2 or three screens to get to it. Scroll to the bottom and on the left hand side you will see a box in which to enter the promotional code and a button to "apply" it.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help..unfortunately the code doesn't work for Canadian customers!

I appreciate your reply though, loungeboy

a.

After wearing it several days Tom Ford for men is quite pleasant for me. After the fresh top notes (grapefruit seems to be dominating) it does fade out after an hour, becoming very subtle, to come back after about four hours with a very pleasant dry down (musk an what else?). And it stays the day long, but for that it needs enough spritzes (it's hard to overpower it). It will be interesting to test TF extreme anyway.

Question Re: Tom Ford for Men - info about the scent, NOT the man, ads, etc...

Can anyone tell me where I can find/sample/buy(?) :

TFFM Extreme
    TF Tobacco Vanille
    TF Amber Absolute

I love my TF Black Orchid. I purchased TFFM at Saks and love the scent but it seems to disappear after only 20 minutes.
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
    Can anyone tell me where I can find/sample/buy(?) :

TFFM Extreme
    TF Tobacco Vanille
    TF Amber Absolute

I love my TF Black Orchid. I purchased TFFM at Saks and love the scent but it seems to disappear after only 20 minutes.
    Considering you live in New York, I could recommend going to one of the very few Tom Ford stores in the world. I think it's on Madison Avenue.

Good Luck...they also have the exclusives there as well.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 12th November 2007 at 12:06 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Considering you live in New York, I could recommend going to one of the very few Tom Ford stores in the world. I think it's on Madison Avenue.

845 Madison Avenue

However, the store has some hours you can walk-in and other hours where it's by appointment only - so if I were you, I'd call first.

Also, Bergdorf Goodman has the Private Blends line also (which TV and AA are part of) - no appointment necessary.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Not mid-November yet, but can anyone confirm if and where Extreme is out?

--------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by NearFantastica View Post
    I wore a few spritzes from my Tom Ford for men sample yesterday at work and received tons of compliments. Am I the only one who notices this, but don't you find that the fragrance shares quite a few similarities with M7 Fresh.. and it's tangy/woodsy/spicy theme?

The fragrance lasted a long time and was distinct enough to set itself apart from other mainstream fragrances. I really enjoy this one.

a.
    There's a brief moment on me when the citrus, pepper, and cedar comes in line with each other that reminded me of Terre d'Hermes--dry, clean, refreshing, then it's manifestations of musk afterward...first warm, then spicy, then woody. It evolves constantly and quickly on me. Never the same pattern with each wearing. So weird! Good weird!
    Last edited by iMaverick; 12th November 2007 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Lightbulb Re: Tom Ford for Men - info about the scent, NOT the man, ads, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post

Good point. Thanks...
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The