Code of Conduct

Smile Celebrity fragrances..

With the explosion of celebrity fragrances as of late, you're bound to have come across some of them.. I think I can pretty much guess the general concensus of opinions regarding these perfumes but I just wondered if anyone had smelt any that they thought were halfway decent?

Here are some to jog your memory:

Jennifer Lopez 'Glow', 'Miami Glow', 'Love at First Glow', 'Glow After Dark' 'Still', 'Live' & 'Live Luxe'/
    Britney Spears 'Curious', 'Fantasy', 'In Control' & 'Midnight Fantasy'/
    Gwen Stefani 'L'/
    Kate Moss 'Kate'/
    Beckham 'Intimately' & 'Intimately Night'/
    Christina Aguilera/
    Kylie Minogue 'Darling' & 'Sweet Darling'/
    Sarah Jessica Parker 'Lovely' & 'Covet'/
    Colleen Mcloughlin(sp?)/
    Katie Price 'Stunning'/
    Shilpa Shetty 'S2'

Jeeezz we've been bombarded with them

Default Re: Celebrity fragrances..

I own J. Lo - Glow - which is clean, soapy, with a bit of musk. I like it. It's easy to wear and light. Doesn't last too long, but actually lasts longer than some "name brand" fragrances (Burberry comes to mind). I also own Britney Spears - Fantasy - which is cotton candy sweet and (on me) sometimes dries down to a nice vanilla/tobacco/musk scent. Sometimes. I've smelled Love at First Glow - light, sweet fruity floral, very inoffensive, and Lovely - clean musk scent.

Oh yeah, I also smelled Paris Hilton - Paris Hilton - which was compared to Ralph by Ralph Lauren and I find them pretty similar with Paris being longer lasting because it's an EDP.
    So far the ones I've smelled have actually been pretty good. But you have to remember that it's not the celebrities *themselves* coming up with the fragrances. There are real perfumers coming up with them, they just use the celebrity name to sell it.
    Last edited by virgo75; 28th August 2007 at 03:00 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Tried and kinda liked Miami Glow by J.Lo (compliments of the empress Taolady), but found more love with my Azuree Soleil by Estee Lauder

Did not like Lovely by SJP - as much as all of the perfume critics did...I tried, but I couldn't 'get' it. I am looking forward to smelling Covet, SJP's new one.

One you didn't mention, that I thought smelled pretty good is: In Love by Hilary Duff. No laugh, good stuff.

The others you listed, I haven't smelled.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    One you didn't mention, that I thought smelled pretty good is: In Love by Hilary Duff. No laugh, good stuff.

The others you listed, I haven't smelled.
    What a coincidence. With Love...Hilary Duff is the only one I've smelled. An SA at Sephora suggested it and told me it was a sleeper scent, much better than she or others anticipated. I'll admit I was taken aback by the swarm of sweet top notes in the opening. Fortunately, the fruity sweetness in the top notes dissipated quickly and the fragrance transformed into a pleasing, warm, sweet woody amber mix. Created by Rodrigo Flores-Roux (Black Cashmere, Happy, John Varavatos) and Stephen Nilsen it's a fragrance for those who appreciate sweet, woody, oriental fragrances. Definitley worth testing.

The only Celeb scent that mildly roused some interest was SJP's Lovely.

Only because its an unashamed cheap knock-off of the incredible "Narciso Rodriguez for Her".
    When I learned SJP had approached Narciso AFTER the creation of her scent to apologise for its likeness to his own, I am surprised he didnt take her eye out with a stick!
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 28th August 2007 at 02:35 PM.

Does Cumming count as a celebrity fragrance? I thought for sure mikeperez23 was going to mention it...
    Spray it, donít say itÖ
    WARDROBE

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    Does Cumming count as a celebrity fragrance? I thought for sure mikeperez23 was going to mention it...
    Yes it does. I totally forgot about it. Lovely and strange scent it is, I wore some this past weekend and I swear every time I wear it I smell something different...I love that. I get a toned down roasted nut note from it now, akin to the smell of opening a bag of roasted soy nuts or shelled hazelnuts. Mixed in with the rubber, damp earth, rainy puddle smells.

Kind of the anti-celebrity fragrance, now that I think about it...
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 28th August 2007 at 03:21 PM.

I love J Lo Glow - its actually one of my faves at the mo!

Wink Re: Celebrity fragrances..

Quote Originally Posted by sloan_8013 View Post
    What a coincidence. With Love...Hilary Duff is.......a fragrance for those who appreciate sweet, woody, oriental fragrances. Definitley worth testing.
    I agree!!! I was really pleasantly surprised by this one.

I actually don't care for too many of them. I did smell Covet by SJP and I did like how that smelled. I didn't try it on cause at that point I had no space on my arm for anything else. It smelled familiar, but I just couldn't figure out what perfume it smells like.

I want to smell the new one by Prince 3121. I am a huge Prince fan and I will probably buy this whether it smells good or not. I have seen by the reviews that yo either love it or hate it.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

I like Covet a lot and I really like ( covet) the bottle.

Red face Re: Celebrity fragrances..

Celeb frags I've liked are Cher's Uninhibited (naturally discontinued) and oddly and almost blasphemously, Liz Taylor's Passion, but only in the parfum version. In the basenotes it is very animalic, castoreum, civet, musk and leather and actually pretty good. Nothing clean fruity or light about it. She must have been harkening back to her Burton days when she gave the nod to that one.

This is not something I regularly wear or a scent I'd be thrilled to tell people I'm wearing, but I feel that about quite a few celeb scents. I would feel even stranger saying I was wearing a Britney

I own SJP Lovely, but only because one of my girls wanted it and then decided it was not for her. I liked the JLo scents I've tried but haven't cared for the Celine Dion

My strangest experience with celeb scents happened at work. One of the administrators was touring the units and smelled quite nice in a fruity floral way. I asked her what she was wearing and was stunned when she said "Paris Hilton". This is a woman in her 50s and she actually wore it well..You never know.