Code of Conduct

Wink Agent Provocateur Maitresse...what do you think???

I'm considering buying this just because of that darn hot bottle...but I really should learn about it first.

I'm after a sexy scent but I'm a bit discouraged by reviews of the original Agent Provocateur.

So who has this fragrance? Do you love it? What notes do you pick up?

Default Re: Agent Provocateur Maitresse...what do you think???

Hi lv_obsessed! I smelled both at Bloomies not too long ago. I didn't care for the original at all. I really liked the Maitesse. I said that I wanted to test it one more time. I didn't try it on my skin. Sorry, Im not good with my notes right now. I'm trying to learn.
    --------------------------------------
    Hi lv_obsessed! I smelled both at Bloomies not too long ago. I didn't care for the original at all. I really liked the Maitesse. I said that I wanted to test it one more time. I didn't try it on my skin. Sorry, Im not good with my notes right now. I'm still trying to learn.
    Last edited by Divatologist; 28th August 2007 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

I´ve gone through a couple of samples of this one, but it didn´t make any impression on me. I found it rather aldehydic, powdery and musky. Quite light and inoffensive, even a bit boring, on my skin. Very different to the original AP (which was a screaming disaster on me )
    Notes according to Qsmoz:
    Top: White lotus petals, ylang-ylang, violet.
    Mid: Aldehydes, osmanthus, jasmine, rose.
    Base: Iris, white suede, amber, musk, patchouli.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

yeah same - i didn't care for the original but maitresse is good stuff

I've tried the original Agent Provocateur at my friend's, she has a bottle of it and loves it.
    I didn't like it at first because it was so much more intense than anything I'd ever sampled up to that time.
    However, I think that if I applied it lightly I would like the antique Moroccan Rose note very well.
    Now I'm lemming a miniature bottle of it!
    I've never tried the AP Maitresse, sorry!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

I have it and I love it. It is very sensual (but not loud), my hubby loves when I wear it :-)

Maitresse is by far a winner over the original AP, and AP Emotionelle in my book.
    My wife has recently recieved a 30ml bottle as a gift from my mum, and its a scent that stays quite close to the skin. It has a warm 'creaminess' to it. Having read the notes, I can totally identify with the rose, violet, amber and "white suede" accords.

Where AP reminded me of "indelicate" scents such as dirty knickers, pink musk lollies and plastic cupi dolls, Maitress has a softer sexyness about it.
    Its HOT, but in a more subdued manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    ...Where AP reminded me of "indelicate" scents such as dirty knickers, pink musk lollies and plastic cupi dolls...
    Come on Dimi, tell us how you really feel!!!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

LOL Sudsy! OK then...

I actually dont mind AP... but its a dirty little smell... something akin to having kinky sex with lots of swearing in some velvet-draped bordello.

...actually Im a bit aghast to realise that its my (58yr-old) mum's fave...
    *dimi turns sheet-white*

You got a great mom Dimi!!

I really like Maitresse, took it on honeymoon with me so have very fond memories associated with it. I love the white florals upfront and the drydown. Bits of it remind me of Daim Blond, (which I also love) but in a rather "less finished" way.