Code of Conduct

Default Cadjmere - Parfumerie Generale - a mini review

Got this in the post today from Pierre.

This is their latest offering, it's No 18 in their range. Sorry I don't know how to add the accents over the 'E' but there should be one over each of them.

As you can probably guess from the name, this is a warm and cuddly fragrance - cashmere. It's described as 'Exotic Woody and Powdered', and that is exactly what it is. Part way through it though, it reminded me of something else and then after about 10 minutes of alternate sniffing with each nostril, it came to me. It reminded me slightly of Fendi's classic Theorema. The floral notes are supplied by rosewood which gives it a kind of flowery spiciness which dries down into a creamy sandalwood, that's what gives it it's cuddly feel. Other notes that are in it include myrtle twigs, aromatic sap, Kenyan cypress resin, ambrette seeds which give it a bit of vegetable muskiness and like a lot of Pierre's fragrances, he rounds it all out with a smidgen of vanilla.

It's a really beautiful fragrance, ideal for the coming cooler months.

Barry

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Cadjmere - Parfumerie Generale - a mini review

Interesting fragrance. I have a few Parfumerie Generale's to test also, Luckyscent was mighty generous with them.

I think I would have loved it, until it got to the ambrette seed part - most scent featuring ambrette usually become too powdery on my skin.

The smell of cashmere, huh?

If I remember correctly, each of the Hermessence fragrances (by Hermes) was made with a fabric in mind. My absolutely favorite Hermessence scent Ambre Narguile is the one that is supposed to evoke cashmere. I'd love to smell Cadjmere and A.N. side-by-side.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    If I remember correctly, each of the Hermessence fragrances (by Hermes) was made with a fabric in mind. My absolutely favorite Hermessence scent Ambre Narguile is the one that is supposed to evoke cashmere. I'd love to smell Cadjmere and A.N. side-by-side.
    They smell completely different, but they would compliment each other.

Barry

Folks, I also recommend the Cristiano Fissore Cashmere line (both are gorgeous, though I prefer the Cashmere for Women. I find either to be plenty unisex and the Cashmere for Women so completely gorgeous I end up doing the "secret Basenotes salute" (wrist-to-nose, elbow down, fingers up) on myself for large portions of the day every time I wear it... Available at Luckyscent and *highly* recommended for those looking for that silky soft but addictive sort of fragrance.

Mike, I did side-by-side skin tests of the Poivre Samarcande (still have some of that lovely decant you sent me!) and Ambre Narguile for the first time yesterday (on vacation with my kids, and I told them they could come in to the Hermes store with me if they PROMISED not to touch anything!) The group consensus was that the A.N. is unbelieveably gorgeous and the hands-down winner. Yay!

Hugs all around.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Folks, I also recommend the Cristiano Fissore Cashmere line (both are gorgeous, though I prefer the Cashmere for Women. I find either to be plenty unisex and the Cashmere for Women so completely gorgeous I end up doing the "secret Basenotes salute" (wrist-to-nose, elbow down, fingers up) on myself for large portions of the day every time I wear it... Available at Luckyscent and *highly* recommended for those looking for that silky soft but addictive sort of fragrance.

Mike, I did side-by-side skin tests of the Poivre Samarcande (still have some of that lovely decant you sent me!) and Ambre Narguile for the first time yesterday (on vacation with my kids, and I told them they could come in to the Hermes store with me if they PROMISED not to touch anything!) The group consensus was that the A.N. is unbelieveably gorgeous and the hands-down winner. Yay!

Hugs all around.
    LOL. How cute, the whole gang sniffing Hermessences. Yeah, don't want the kiddies touching those $500 dog collars, do you?

Hope you also sniffed Kelly Caleche while you were there?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    LOL. How cute, the whole gang sniffing Hermessences. Yeah, don't want the kiddies touching those $500 dog collars, do you?

Hope you also sniffed Kelly Caleche while you were there?
    Dog collars, nuthin', sweetie -- dear daughter liked those cute little $500 "H" enamel bracelets and #1 son had his eye on the clothing...

The good news was that ALL the kids liked the A.N. ... on me.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...