Code of Conduct

Default buying Jo Malone

hi folks,
    through you all I've encountered sites to buy discounted scents, like scentiments, et. al.
    Is there anywhere people know of to get Jo Malone scents at less than retail?
    Just figured I'd throw it out there as the seasons begin to change and fall fragrances will be catching my attention now....

Default Re: buying Jo Malone

Jo Malone keeps its distribution network really tight. Bottles crop up on eBay every now and then, but they almost always go for close to retail, sometimes higher than retail, if you can believe it, which simply confirms the tight distribution. In short, no.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 30th August 2007 at 04:24 AM.

Are they men's cologne? They never mention this...

I sought for days and days to find a bottle of Pomegranate Noir at a discount (no one here was seeking a trade/sell) and ended up buying a bottle on ebay. I saved $9 from retail, but shipping ate in to most of that. Should have just saved myself the frustration and bought it retail for $90 at NM when I first tested it. But then again the thrill of the hunt was worth a couple of bucks...

Quote Originally Posted by dple View Post
    Are they men's cologne? They never mention this...
    I don't think I've ever seen them designated "men's" or "women's." The ones I've tried seem to be rather unisex. You just have to see what works for you.
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

Quote Originally Posted by Circa1905 View Post
    I sought for days and days to find a bottle of Pomegranate Noir at a discount (no one here was seeking a trade/sell) and ended up buying a bottle on ebay. I saved $9 from retail, but shipping ate in to most of that. Should have just saved myself the frustration and bought it retail for $90 at NM when I first tested it. But then again the thrill of the hunt was worth a couple of bucks...
    How did it work out for you? I also tried every scents they have @ NM the other day, and Pomegranate Noir was the only one that caught my mind (they have so many...). Do you regret spending $$$ on it?

Scentimental is spot on; I've sold USED bottles of JM that I didn't want for HIGHER than what I paid for! Beautiful.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Quote Originally Posted by dple View Post
    How did it work out for you? I also tried every scents they have @ NM the other day, and Pomegranate Noir was the only one that caught my mind (they have so many...). Do you regret spending $$$ on it?
    Don't regret it for a second. It has been a fantastic fragrance for me and will only get better as the weather cools down.

Get a sample of "154" if you can. It's her most masculine fragrance.