Code of Conduct

Default A workshop at Guerlain's - would you go?

Since June, Guerlain have propes 'ATELIERS CONTES PARFUMÉS' - a workshop of a day's length to learn about the history of the house and its creations. Apparently you also get to play with scents and learn about 'perfume construction' - like 'how surprisingly much a top note can envelope the heart'.

Would any of you go there - for 180€ (including lunch)? I'm tempted to make an autumn trip to Paris soon...

http://www.vogue.fr/beaute/news

Default Re: A workshop at Guerlain's - would you go?

It depends on how good it is - I'm usually a little hesitant when it comes to things like this 'cause they tend to be quite commercial/touristy. Could be different here, though. Perhaps a member of our board has been in the workshop or knows a little more?
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Yes, in a heart beat!

sounds better than the chandler burr dinners. there must be a swag bag too. too far for me unless I happen to be in the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky View Post
    sounds better than the chandler burr dinners. there must be a swag bag too. too far for me unless I happen to be in the neighborhood.
    Thats for sure. I would love to attend this and learn more about the legendary Guerlains.
    -

Definitely, eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    Since June, Guerlain have propes 'ATELIERS CONTES PARFUMÉS' - a workshop of a day's length to learn about the history of the house and its creations. Apparently you also get to play with scents and learn about 'perfume construction' - like 'how surprisingly much a top note can envelope the heart'.

Would any of you go there - for 180€ (including lunch)? I'm tempted to make an autumn trip to Paris soon...

http://www.vogue.fr/beaute/news
    I'd go. There's a lot more to it than a workshop. You meet people and who the hell knows what else. Paris is an amazing place. You'll probably find things you never knew existed. They may reincarnate Jacques Guerlain and he'll tell everyone if many of the fragrances he created still smell the same as they did when he created them (some of them obviously don't but others are still close to what they were). Most likely he'd tell you no, because among other things he preferred to use real musk and that's rare today.
    Last edited by pluran; 29th August 2007 at 08:11 PM.

I just fear it's mainly concentrated around the post-Jean Paul stuff. I'm mainly historically interested, more precisely in Jacques's creations. But I bet it would be great fun no matter what. Having lunch at the Maison Guerlain? Yes!