Code of Conduct

Smile All hail Tommy Bahama Very Cool

Say what you will naysayers and throw your stones upon the heathen, but this stuff rocks. I have had compliments from many people that normally would never throw anyone a bone...plus, holy crap here it comes...i like it too! Its not complicated, very linear, and freakin awesome smelling. If you can get over the fact that its Tommy freakin Bahama and not l'artisan...which i think is cheap scented water in a fancy bottle...or some other equally overpriced and underwhelming fragrance...go try this and watch the smile light up on your face and the compliments fly when you and everyone around you realizes what "good" actually smells like.

Default Re: All hail Tommy Bahama Very Cool

Ah, this is tempting and intriguing. I will have to buy it blind! I have been wanting it for several months now. What about the original version? Is it good too?
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Well it really depends...if you like the smell of the beach...then yes. The original is really sharp and woody...sometimes too sharp for its own good...do not buy the original blind...i made that mistake...do however buy very cool...its great.

I think one of my friends wears this. As I recall, it reminded me strongly of peaches for some reason. I don't think peach is even supposed to be a note it. Which is actually kind of interesting. I should smell it again.

ps. you aren't the only one that thinks L'Artisan is overrated. I'm not a fan either, but I don't necessarily think they make low quality scents in fancy bottles. In fact, I would actually argue that designers have the fancier bottles. L'Artisan just is not my taste. But there are many niche houses put most designers to shame, so please try not to dismiss them all as overpriced artsy-fartsy garbage, as tempting as it may be.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 30th August 2007 at 07:46 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Live jazz:

Any good recomendations? The only niche scent that i really dig is Lorenzo Villoressi musk...other than that, i have been burned by santa maria novella...as the samples i tried do not smell, for some reason, like the bottles I own(musk and acqua di cuba) and I am not a huge fan of chergui...to much smoke for me. Please help because I am starting to turn to the darkside, ha ha.

I thought I liked Very Cool at first but the synthetic mint is just too damn overpowering in the dry down, felt like I had toothpaste on me all day. I liked Set Sail St. Barts from TB much better all the way around. I get many compliments with it.

Live Jazz is an odd duckling, smells like grapefruit, cilantro, and mint, not a good thing in my opinion.
    Last edited by Kahuna Cowboy; 31st August 2007 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man's Hand View Post
    Live Jazz is an odd duckling, smells like grapefruit, cilantro, and mint, not a good thing in my opinion.
    hehe, I think he's referring to you, LiveJazz
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Ok fellow Noters I just had to report that for two days I have worn this scent and I cannot tell you the amount of compliments I have received. Even my Boss said to me "I do not know what you are wearing but it does not smell nice...it smells VERY nice."

So I think I will rock it for a few more days.

Fragrance On,

Otto

Hmm, I guess I'll have to give this another try.. I sampled it on my wrist and was underwhelmed, but it can't hurt to try again
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jdnba View Post
    Live jazz:

Any good recomendations? The only niche scent that i really dig is Lorenzo Villoressi musk...other than that, i have been burned by santa maria novella...as the samples i tried do not smell, for some reason, like the bottles I own(musk and acqua di cuba) and I am not a huge fan of chergui...to much smoke for me. Please help because I am starting to turn to the darkside, ha ha.
    Ah man, sorry I didn't respond to this earlier...I guess the thread disappeared before I got back to it.

I think that one of the most likable niche scents is Musc Ravageur. I don't really see how anyone could NOT like it, to be honest. But many other Malles are harder to warm up to. Diptyque also makes some very interesting and nice (if a bit linear) scents. I especially like Eau Lente and Tam Dao. I don't need to tell you that Creed is very popular and likable. Both of the men's scents from Divine and spectacular. You just have to experiment a little. I have no experience with SMN, so I can't comment there.

Like you, I'm pretty utilitarian in my scent judgments. I don't necessarily care how rare and unexpected the ingredient combo is...and this is what many niche houses pride themselves on (like L'Artisan). I just want something that smells enjoyable and holds my interest, and I don't care if it's niche or not. The really off-the-wall stuff is still fun to sample, but if I'm going to buy bottles, I want to wear them regularly. Like I said earlier, designers are often the ones that fit this criteria, but that's no reason to write off all niche.

--------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    hehe, I think he's referring to you, LiveJazz

I actually can't stand Live Jazz (the fragrance, not myself! ). One of those that I've done a 180 on over the years. I keep the name for sentimental reasons, and because I play jazz trumpet occasionally.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 25th September 2007 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

supercat84

Guys....ive been thinking of gettign this for a while...can someone tell me about sillage and longevity as these are important to me...thanks

i have noticed that on me personally it last all day...it might be different for others, but what i do is spray a lot on my chest, arms, and back of the neck...believe me you cant spray too much because it so light, however...it will project a wonderful clean aura that everyone will notice....im telling you i have never recieved more compliments from girls(and guy friends of mine too)wearing something else....to me this stuff is the shit!