Code of Conduct

Arrow Mugler cologne.....My thoughts !!!!!!!!!!

I realized i didn't have a lot of summer scents that would help me tide over the approaching australian summer. After being terribly disappointed with the New Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne i was looking for something that i could wear in the summer heat and that lasted.

Mugler Cologne has lots of lovers on this board. Obviously there comments and reviews affect the purchases that i make. So here i was bidding for a Mugler Cologne bottle on ebay. During my quest i confronted the question of the Mugler Cologne concentration which was satisfactorily answered by the Thierry Mugler's australian office's email. It is indeed EDT strength and not EDP strength as it was originally mentioned on Mugler's website. It was a mistake that they rectified later.

Coming to Mugler Cologne now.........

Well i had a mini before i bought this huge bottle and frankly speaking i was in love with it. Its just that i was not getting enough sillage or longevity out of the mini. I thought maybe if i splash a lot of it my issues would be resolved. Honestly things arent much different even with liberal spraying of MC.
    I think it sticks pretty close to the skin and is not really really noticeable. Longevity is relatively ok as i was able to sniff it after about 8 hours but remember i almost showered in MC. Applied and reapplied several times within the first hour of spraying. I remember counting well over 40 sprays out of my 10ml atomiser which lost atleast i would say 4ml from it.

Its fresh....very green.....uplifting.......kinda good......but it gets powdery after a few hours....It could be due to this insane application...I am going to have to spray less of it to see how it behaves then...With such liberal application i think any perfume would perhaps stay on your skin for about 8 hours...so its not an achievement really...but Mugler Cologne smells good....doesnt smell like a regular lemony/orangy perfume.....smells different....

Overall not bad....except that my 300ml bottle is perhaps destined to be empty in the next 4 months or so....

I dont expect to really get any compliments. The only ones that i might get could come IMMEDIATELY after i have re applied...I am going to have to carry my 10ml atomiser filled with MC and top it up every 4 days or so....

gupts

Default Re: Mugler cologne.....My thoughts !!!!!!!!!!

You're lucky, I get a slim 4 hours out of it, but sillage for me is a lot better. My trick is chest and clothes. If I'm wearing two shirts, they both get sprays to the front. I'll get compliments until about the fourth hour, then only sweat or close contact will make it noticeable to bystanders. It is a compliment grabber though, and one of my absolute favorites.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

I don't wear it anymore. I found it to have at least average longevity. Also, on me it actually had quite GOOD sillage and garnered tons of compliments. I bet you're getting more sillage than you realize.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giraffe View Post
    I don't wear it anymore. I found it to have at least average longevity. Also, on me it actually had quite GOOD sillage and garnered tons of compliments. I bet you're getting more sillage than you realize.
    I can testify to this; perhaps it's the old adage of 'if it suits you, then you can't smell it' coming into play.

When I first started weating MC, I used about 12-15 sprays, and then about 5 more layered about half an hour later. I only noticed it one day when I'd been in the office all morning thinking that it had all worn off, only to come back in from the fresh air after popping out thinking 'hmm... what's that nice smell?', only to find it was me!

It's deliberately ethereal I think.

Back when I used to wear it, I got ridiculous longevity and sillage out of it. I don't know if it's something to do with my skin chemistry or what, but seriously, the stuff was on par with Kouros in the strength department. It was actually too strong and consistently gave me headaches, which is why I no longer own it. I think most people just stop smelling it on themselves after awhile even though its still very much there. Not me!
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 30th August 2007 at 11:10 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."