Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Dsquared² He Wood

Talked to the Clarins Fragrance Group rep yesterday. (Clarins distributes ITF's fragrances such as Canali, Roberto Cavalli, Gianfranco Ferre, and now Dsquared², in the States).

As someone who's been anxiously awaiting the US release of this, I'm happy to break the news that the wait is almost over for us here in the US: she said that He Wood (and She Wood, too) should be out sometime next month, at Saks, Nordstrom, Sephora, and Von Maur. Expect more points of sale in 2009, as Dsquared² is a hot fashion house right now.
    Last edited by MFfan310; 18th September 2008 at 01:08 PM.
    "It always seems impossible until it's done." -Nelson Mandela

Support Xscentrik - The World's First Crowdfunded Fragrance Store: http://igg.me/at/xscentrik/x/11176018

This is available at Saks locations... I received samples of both womens and mens (He-Wood and She-Wood).

Hate to say it, but nothing special. Not bad, but well within the 'clean-to-lightly-spicy/woody' genre of every other male fragrance released in 2008. Not unlike Versace Pour Homme... not strong enough to detect the published basenotes.

I've been waiting for this since I first tried it out in Montreal last October. I was suprised to see it at Nordstroms on Saturday. Almost broke my moratorium on new purchases policy outright. Still, it's on my radar to pick up soon. There's something very unique about this one that hits a lot of sweet spots for me. Smells nothing like Versace PH to me.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Psssssttt! Hey...(whispering) rjrober is selling a 100ml bottle of HE WOOD for a great price over on the sale board.

Picked this up at Nordstrom's a couple days ago. My second 3.4 oz. bottle since my first (which I bought from a UK website ) is down to a few precious sprays.

I really love this frag. It just works for me ... BUT ... you must like violet to enjoy it. It's definitely the most dominant note.

It's rather similar to Narciso Rodriguez PH, probably thanks to the prominent violet note.

Sur la Plage

I tried this at Nordstrom yesterday. It has a very nice cedar opening. That's about all I can say positive about it. IMO, the sillage and longevity were rather poor on this one.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread