Code of Conduct

Default Lancome Hypn˘se Homme reminds me of...

Not much talk or reviews of this one. I think it's one of the best scents released this year so far. I can't put my finger on it, but it reminds me of another scent. Maybe you guys can tell me what it reminds you of, and perhaps that may jog the nose.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Lancome Hypn˘se Homme reminds me of...

If I remember correctly, some compare it to Prada Amber Pour Homme.

Personally, I dislike both of these.

Perhaps I approached Hypnose Homme with entirely too high expectations about it, considering Maurice Roucel did HH. Musc Ravageur it ain't!

It reminded me a bit of Lancome's prior to this one, Miracle homme. It has more lavender in it though. I like it and a good release indeed.

Hypnose and F32 are my new favorites...

with the lancome, some vanillic notes come in my mind with the classi boss bottled.. but into some floral base.. longevity is not the best on me.,. but is a lovely/easy to wear fragance.. not deep or complex like many could think,. simply a sexy/versatile fragance to enjoy..

I've only smelled it once...and that was on a card, but remember think it was sort of like Le Male, but without the mint note.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Like it - and very long lasting on my skin.

I think it's great, one of my favorites of the latest offerings...i think it has its own personality as well.

I like the slow pace of Lancome issues for men. And when they release something it's very good. One could live with just these two and be suitably equipped for all situations. Hypnose is much warmer and will be good for the coming months. It has signature frag qualities just like L'Homme.
    Last edited by narcus; 31st August 2007 at 07:09 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi Ŕ un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Please don't hit me but I sense a little L'Occitan homme in the drydown.

My first thought was that it's rather like Fahrenheit.

Wow, people are comparing this to a variety of frags. It actually reminds me of their discontinued one, "O", which had a good floral base.

Fred Haymen's original Touch for Men (the one with the red seal on the bottle) is what Hypnose reminds me of.

Hypnose is better blended and well made of lavender and amber - where Touch had a very cheap cloying aftershave smell.

I smelled it but briefly, and on a card not my skin..........

In that brief moment, I had a similar take as Sandy. It did, in fact, remind me of a cross between Joop! Original (Ol' Pinky, that is) and Fahrenheit. Not that it would be a bad thing, now. I just haven't been able to skin test it.

Basenotes Institution

I kind of did a 180-degree turn on this scent...I must admit.

When I was at Saks sniffing the Tom Ford for Men Extreme, I also tested the Hypnose Homme again on my other arm. I don't remember it having such a oriental/fruity top note last time I sniffed it. Unbelievably strong, rich, and very unctuous fruit (as if you're chewing a lychee fruit) and these are not the typical fast fading fruity top notes that a lot of mens scents have now (Usher, CKIN2U) but they lasted for atleast a full hour. The mid and drydown is primarily a lavender amber thing which didn't really excite me, but I think I could put up with it in the fall.

Am I the only one getting this perfumey fruit top note..? Noone else is mentioning it in this thread??

I don't know if I'd call it fruity, but the citrus notes stick around for a bit and together with the cardamom note can at times seem perhaps a bit more fruity than just citrus alone. I think this stuff is dramatically underrated and takes a few wearing to really appreciate.

a bit like Nikos by Nikos (the red purple bottle), not Sculpture (thats the glass bottle).

I got a whiff of Body Kouros (marzipan) with a flash of erasers (yes, the variety I collected when I was a kid)...

Joop! original meets Farenheit? Wow! That could be something that would be extremely interesting and impressive. I know alot of people don't like Joop! on here, but i think it has something very striking, at least in its initial properties. The drydown can sometimes seem like almost industrial at times, but i think blended with something fresh it can be very attractive. I wonder if anybody else would find that Hypnose is a cross between these two old super scents ( Joop and Farenheit.) Others have compared Joop to Cristobal which i don't find at all, while I even originally though that it was somewhat similar to Mont Blanc's individuel which i don't find so much any more. If anything, I still find it most similar to Creed's Santal, although this may be when Joop! is at its most glorious initial blast. I"m really hoping that Hypnose would be a cross between Joop and Farenheit, but looking at the notes, I think i would be disappointed if I went in for a blind buy.

Strangely, there are two clearly recognizable different lines in this scent, something I haven't experienced in my life: one sweet -say Joop- and one sour, as I mentioned it's rather like Fahrenheit. Very interesting phenomenon.

Finally tried some on my skin. The amber of Joop! and the buzzy floral/herbal dryness of Fahrenheit.........both well represented indeed.

Dimitri: I like the comment on the erasers, man! You are onto something, as some of those "glossy" looking erasers may well have been made of an amber resin and therefore have the smell!! Dagnibit, man....I KNEW I couldn't have been the only one in the world to assimilate those smells!!

But, yes, a very interesting melange. There's something sweet in there, too. Like a little bit of vanilla trying to sing in harmony with the amber in an attempt to replicate the accord in Gaultier2. Interesting. The floral notes seem a bit on the 'sticky' side....something light colored and sweet. And the petroleumesque pungency of Fahrenheit keeps coming up.

The blast I sprayed on my skin was a bit weak.....and I still need to mull this over. This one may be a contender.

But it's not quite "all the way there" yet...................