Code of Conduct
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Default Re: Anyone else have problems with The Perfumed Court?

It's normal to tape the lid of a decant - TPC does it most of the time, and when I'm doing a swap I usually do it.

Out of 50 or so samples I had one that leaked out, they replaced it right away. I'm surprised they didn't answer your email.

Default Re: The Perfumed Court Feedback

Luckily the only time I order from them years ago, I had no problem.

I have ordered samples from them quite a few times, only had a problem once when I used Google Checkout instead of regular credit card. The tiny 1ml bottles they use for samples seal quite well, but I never bought a decant from them. One have to expect all international shipments to depressurize en route which requires better seal then domestic USPS (the latter typically travels ground).

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I emailed TPC mid-November to explain how they could use Teflon tape and Parafilm to avoid leaks.

They subsequently emailed back to say that their Georgia location had begun using Teflon tape and that they were happy with the results. Then last week they emailed me again to ask where to buy Parafilm so they can begin using that as well.

Hopefully the problem with leaks will diminish.

Post Thanks / Like

30 Roses, you are the queen of packaging - thank you for sharing your wisdom with TPC.

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Way to be pro-active, 30R!
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Thanks for good feedback, and to placing this post inside the existing thread, which I didn't realize I could do.
    Am happy to say that, just this evening, I've received an e-mail from TPC saying that they will replace my spilled Mitsouko. So I'm very satisfied with that. This is my only bad experience with them, and as long as this scent arrives OK I'll continue ordering from them. The samples are good value, I think, and they do have a great selection.
    One or two samples have seemed really "off" in the past, but I put that down to ordering in the summer months, when they could get overheated in transit. It may be safer to stick to ordering in cooler weather.

My brother recently placed his second order with the Perfumed Court, unfortunately two of his Creed decants leaked during shipping. He told me he sent them an email but has not heard back from them yet.

It was his second order with them I think, and he was really impressed with them on his first order, he told me all the scents he ordered were genuine and lovely. He bigged them up so much that he almost convinced me to place an order with them too. Well after getting burned with LuckyScent ill wait and see how they treat him and his leaking bottles before I depart with my money. Will keep you all updated.

TPC sent a replacement for my leaked Mitsouko, and it arrived in good condition. But - I think the problem is with the type of bottles they're using now. They are shorter and wider than the old bottles, and the new lids just don't fit as well. There's no "click" when you press the lid down! Yes, they're putting tape round the lids, but that didn't stop my first Mitsouko from leaking. Wish they'd go back to the old style bottles, which were longer and thinner and the lids clicked shut.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redrose View Post
    TPC sent a replacement for my leaked Mitsouko, and it arrived in good condition. But - I think the problem is with the type of bottles they're using now. They are shorter and wider than the old bottles, and the new lids just don't fit as well. There's no "click" when you press the lid down! Yes, they're putting tape round the lids, but that didn't stop my first Mitsouko from leaking. Wish they'd go back to the old style bottles, which were longer and thinner and the lids clicked shut.
    Did you tell them that? Sounds like important feedback to give them.

Actually I didn't - but I'm just going to! I assumed many others would give same feedback, but that's just being lazy on my part. Thanks for the suggestion, 30Roses.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Followup on this for redrose and others:

I got an email from TPC today saying they have decided to change bottle manufacturers (rather than use the Teflon/Parafilm, as they found it too time consuming.)

Sounds like a step in the right direction.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oud Samurai View Post
    My brother recently placed his second order with the Perfumed Court, unfortunately two of his Creed decants leaked during shipping. He told me he sent them an email but has not heard back from them yet.

It was his second order with them I think, and he was really impressed with them on his first order, he told me all the scents he ordered were genuine and lovely. He bigged them up so much that he almost convinced me to place an order with them too. Well after getting burned with LuckyScent ill wait and see how they treat him and his leaking bottles before I depart with my money. Will keep you all updated.
    You got burned by LuckyScent? I'm surprised, do you mind sharing what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Followup on this for redrose and others:

I got an email from TPC today saying they have decided to change bottle manufacturers (rather than use the Teflon/Parafilm, as they found it too time consuming.)

Sounds like a step in the right direction.
    So it was a good idea to give them feedback - glad you suggested it, 30 Roses.

Quote Originally Posted by Oud Samurai View Post

I'm curious about this, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Perfumed Court - Any Negative Experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by stanmar View Post
    The only issues seem to be with Patty's branch in CO . They have mentioned that to me already. It appears like she and the branch in GA get a large amount of orders and a problem exists with delivery and tracking packages coming from these locations. I did notice that for all of my other orders, the packages tracked perfectly . With the CO portion of my last two orders , the USPS info never got beyond the shipping dept in CO. I checked again today and a weird thing happened. Namely, the tracking showed an error msg stating " tracking info for this item is unavailable right now " , checked the other tracking numbers for other branchs and they showed up to date info ........My thinking is this - and bear in mind I worked in a online before - to adhere to the 5-7 day guidelines for order processing on their website, the "USPS" tracking label was printed and the info sent to me. They fulfilled their shipping obligation within the prescribed timeframe on that end. This bought them time and keeps the dogs off, so to speak. In the meantime they went back to that label and reentered the info and actually sent the package to me today. If this indeed is the case, I will gladly accept the package. But if this whole situation becomes protracted I am working with my bank to resolve it as soon as the 3 week timeframe they require for refund.
    This is the last time I will order from them. I ordered 2 different perfumes and the one I ordered for my dh came no problem but the one I ordered for me cannot even be tracked. Supposedly (according to the email they sent confirming my order) they shipped in last week however when I try to track it there is no info.

This is not the first (but will be the last) time this has happened. I wonder how long I will have to wait. Amazing that they take your money immediately but then take their sweet time with shipping. If I do not hear back from them I am going to stop payment tonight. I am that annoyed at their lack of professionalism and communication.
    If they don't ship within 5 days they are doing something wrong. It isn't that complicated nor difficult to take the item and mail it. (there is no note about the item being back ordered). As I wrote it was supposedly shipped out last week. Yet no tracking info is available yet.

My brother received his replacement sample bottles of creeds along with a note saying that they are now using 3ml bottles filled halfway for people who order 1.5ml decants rather than use 1.5ml atomisers anymore due to many leakage issues.

Overall my brother is very happy with the service from TPC, the reason they took so long in replying was because I think they were on holiday or had a huge backlog or something.

Well my brother has finally convinced me to order from them, so the next time he orders im gonna tell him a list of fragrances that I have been wanting to try for ages, and to add them to his order from TPC.

Post Thanks / Like

Still no idea if/when my perfume was shipped as Shirley from TPC told me there was no way to determine when Patty had shipped my perfume (don't they keep a record?) and when I try to track the order nothing can be found.

Until the end of 2011 I had no problem with TPC and had been very happy with their service and the quality of their samples. But something has happened to them, I don't know what, but could it be they've expanded too fast and can't now keep up with the increased volume of their business?
    Seems they've gone from a little-known niche company to an internationally known service. Maybe they need to hire more staff? I'm sure their intentions are good, but problems such as have been discussed in this thread just won't do. Of course, it could mean they lose customers, and then they'll be able to handle the reduced demand!

I ordered from TPC and paid for priority shipping. They sent an email saying it had shipped when in fact they had only printed a label. It was several days before they dragged themselves to the post office. 14 days is not acceptable for priority shipping. Still haven't gotten it. I have a feeling when I do get it, I will be disappointed. Wouldn't be surprised if it is short or spoiled or adulterated. I have now had plenty of time to figure out that I overpaid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    I ordered from TPC and paid for priority shipping. They sent an email saying it had shipped when in fact they had only printed a label. It was several days before they dragged themselves to the post office. 14 days is not acceptable for priority shipping. Still haven't gotten it. I have a feeling when I do get it, I will be disappointed. Wouldn't be surprised if it is short or spoiled or adulterated. I have now had plenty of time to figure out that I overpaid.
    Sorry you are dealing with this too. It seems to me that we are the rule rather than the exception. If what we order is from Patty's end that is. And according to Shirley (she deals with email and not sure who deals with phone calls as mine never got returned) the Denver post office doesn't log stuff in/out which seems rather odd to me.

In any case, whatever the excuse, they are unprofessional in this regard. I am now waiting 2 weeks for an order and was told by Shirley that there is no way to track it till it arrives at the destination. Huh? Isn't that the whole purpose of tracking- to see where it is in transit and see when it might arrive to the final destination?

And yes, TPC's prices are high but I was willing to pay for samples that are difficult to get elsewhere but I will never do business with them again. This is the second time I ordered from them as I wanted to give them a second chance as my first experience with them was also less than satisfactory. I guess I should have paid mind to that old adage "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". I am a softie at heart though and thought anyone can have a bad day so hence the second try. Well now I am sure- they suck.

I order from LuckyScent often and they are always a pleasure. My orders always arrive in a timely and efficient fashion and they are lovely people. And as for samples I cannot get from them I am sure I can find elsewhere other than TPC.

Default Re: The Perfumed Court Feedback THEIR RESPONSE

Your order was placed on December 27th which was a Tuesday and the second day of our big sale.* A label was created for this on January 2nd which was a Monday and a day that the Post Office was closed.* It would have been brought to the Post Office on either Tuesday or Wednesday as we were working a bit behind because of the sale.* *Not sure why USPS says it was accepted on January 6th, but can tell you that it was not brought to the Post Office on Jan. 6th, but rather the 3rd or 4th.* It says that it was dispatched to Oak Creek that evening and is scheduled for delivery on Monday.* So you ordered on the 27th and our website says 5 to 7 business days.* The 28th, 29th and 30th were 3 business days.* Post Office was closed on January 2nd so January 3, 4, 5 and 6 make 4 days and delivery is scheduled for Monday so it is one day past the 5-7 business days but not on account of when we shipped it but when our local Post Office dispatched it.

We have absolutely no control on what the Post Office does with packages when we drop them off, when they dispatch packages or what they post on their website. *USPS is only required to scan packages when they reach a sort center near you or when the package is delivered.* We have to allow USPS three weeks to deliver packages.* If you have not received it by January 24, let us know and we will work from there.* Thank you.

15 days and I paid for priority shipping

Wasn't delivered on Monday either.

Miracle of Miracles. I called the Post Office and they said even though tracking said package was there it would not go out until Tuesday because it came in after 5:00 am. I asked if I could come and get it and they said no. Then I look outside a few hours later and it is here. I love my mail carrier. Package is intact and I now have a partial bell jar of Tubereuse Criminelle. Went through some angst but I am happy with it. In hindsight, I could have bought a new spray bottle for less and gotten it quicker but I like the bell jar.

Default The Perfumed Court - problem

I have bought samples from this shop over a couple of years now, and have never had any negative experiences.

However, -end of November I ordered and paid for 2 vintage minis, and TPC shipped them dec.5, according to my account.
    Since I didn't receive my goods by last week end, I sent them a message via their contact form (friday 6.), asking what to do with the problem. No answer, so I sent a new message in the same way two days ago.
    Still no answer.

This worries me Have any of you had any experience similar to mine recently? What should I do next?
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Perfumed Court - problem

On their site they have a message explaining that they are behind due to the holidays, so that could be part of the problem. I would contact them again using this email address, sales@theperfumedcourt.com, instead of using their contact form. It's worth a try. I hope you get an answer from them soon, you've been waiting a long time. Good luck.

Thank you, Kiliwia! I'll try the address :-)
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell

Post Thanks / Like

That is a long time to wait. Are the samples traveling all the way to Norway? I know from past experience with TPC that if something doesn't get to you, they will often wait the full amount of time given by the postal service for something to reach you before they will act on it. It shouldn't take this long even to get something to Norway....but it could--especially with the holiday and it may have gotten held up at customs? Just guessing. Of course if you are in the States this is all a moot point.

I agree with Kiliwia, to use the email address instead of the contact form. That may speed up their response to you.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I did not receive an item I ordered 1/5, and I got the following response after inquiring via their customer service form. I still have not received it, but the USPS tracking data now shows that the package is in transit.

Hi Brian,

The package you are inquiring about is shipping from our owner in Denver.
    Her decanting employees suffered a tragic loss over the New Year weekend and
    had to take a couple of days off. Someone else does her software shipping
    and was not aware of this and her actual decanting has gotten behind the
    software shipping.

This is in no way intentional, but her order prep was running several
    business days behind the software shipping with packages actually being
    prepped and posting. Your package has now posted and is on the way. We
    do apologize for this unforeseen delay.

Fragrant Regards,
    Shirley Slover

Post Thanks / Like

Right now I have been waiting for samples from CO. for two weeks. That is the longest that I have ever had to wait with these guys before. I have been waiting for my Jubilation XXV and Ambre Sultan samples patiently. I don't know how I would react if I was waiting a month and a half for two vintage bottles of a fragrance that I had ordered.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had minor issues with The Perfumed Court in the past, but they've always been minor, and their customer service is pretty awesome most of the time. They usually answer right away and they're very understanding.

First I would make sure you sent an email to the right address (just checking! I'm sure you probably did though). Otherwise, I guess send another little email and wait it out. I've got my fingers crossed for you man, hope you get those minis soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I do order a large number of samples from the "Big Two" in the decant world: Luckyscent and Theperfumedcourt. While neither one will carry all of what I wish to purchase, both tend to get my business , with TPC getting the lions share of the action. What I found out is that Luckyscent come through over and over again with speedy delivery and never a problem with leakages or lost packages etc. As for TPC, well its gotten to the point where I will count several orders in a row without problems as a lucky streak. At the beginning I would stress alot on delays or leakages . Now, I take it for granted with these guys. But as it stands, without them there is no chance to try out samples not available at Luckyscent.

Post Thanks / Like

I will continue to order from the perfumed court. I just received an order from them and it took less than a week so I was happy to give them my business again.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Noir De Noir
    3. Musc Ravageur
    4. Bois D'Argent
    5. Aoud 1
    6. Aventus
    7. Ore
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Ambre 114

I order 20 samples from Luckyscent and 2 days later I order 5 samples from perfumed court....today I received both packages. 5-6 days later. Nothing but excellent service from both, it's been like that for years.

i received my samples today. I was very impressed, the 2.5 was rather small but the cologne smells exactly like I expected. Kudo's to TPC. I will certainly be using you guys again. Waiting on my third package now.

BTW it took a week and a half to receive my shipment.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had problems with them. In fact they drew a cheese loving robot on my envelope when I asked them to. I get delicious candy with every order. I approve.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I've never had problems with them. In fact they drew a cheese loving robot on my envelope when I asked them to. I get delicious candy with every order. I approve.
    Is that the photo you showed on a thread a few weeks back ? I liked that one and laughed. You crack me up ( in a good way !) and I love your posts Mesaboogie.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Post Thanks / Like

Same here. I've ordered dozens of samples over several orders over the years, and never had any kind of problem.

I just received my other package. I took three days. I am impressed so far.

Default Re: Buyer Beware - The Perfumed Court (dot) Com

Hello All,

I have received an email with perfume pricelist perfumedcourt@gmail.com, is this an email of The Perfume Court? Or it is somebody trying to sell from their name?

Thank You!

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gala_Mostik View Post
    Hello All,

I have received an email with perfume pricelist perfumedcourt@gmail.com, is this an email of The Perfume Court? Or it is somebody trying to sell from their name?

Thank You!
    The mailers I get from them come from this email address: customerservice@theperfumedcourt.com

Maybe you could forward the misleading email message you received to the real TPC? It may be of interest to them.

Yeap, this is strange email, I've tried to contact the perfume court using a contact form on their website but it didn't work, I'll forward this email to the address you have mentioned,
    thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard of TPC sending out a price list - it's all online anyway. I think they would be very glad to hear from you that someone has sent this to you from that gmail address.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Disorganized Perfume Court

"Not this sh*t again" I'm sure you'll say, but:
    I've read before people saying The Perfumed Court often send samples out in more than one package.
    So anyway, I placed my first order with them a few weeks back.
    5 CB I Hate Perfume samples and a Serge Lutens exclusive.

So a few days after paying, I get an email saying
    "At The Beach 1966 is out of stock would you like us to send the rest of your order?"
    "Yes please. When will it be back in? It didn't say so on your website"
    "Sorry, it will be back in next week hopefully"

The next day:

"At The Beach has came back in stock so will be shipped out today with the rest of your order"
    "Wicked, thanks for letting me know "

A good few days/a week later, At The Beach 1966 arrives in the post on it's own...
    What the hell.

3 Days later I get this email:

"Wild Hunt is out of stock, so we've shipped the rest of your order without it"

What the hell? I basically sent them a polite email back to say they're crap and disorganized and does this happen all the time?

Anyone else have this with them?
    Why not just write on the website it's out of stock so I don't get three seperate packages.
    Pointless. It's annoying because they're the only place stocking samples of certain fragrances. I'm sure it's hard keeping on top of it yeh, but come onnnnn - if it's your business then surely it's not too hard to handle.

Not sure what to say about them...

Default Re: The Disorganized Perfume Court

That would be highly frustrating. I have had my samples come in separate packages, one was dispatched 2 weeks after ordering with no notification it was OOS or would be delayed. Overall the experience was satisfactory though. I hope you get the samples you were after and this doesn't happen again for you

Post Thanks / Like

I also never had a problem with their service. Only think negative is their prices

Post Thanks / Like

I've ordered from them several times and been happy with their service

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    I also never had a problem with their service. Only think negative is their prices
    yea, I've went to their site many times but never even considered buying anything with their prices...

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Perfumed Court

I recently ordered some decant samples from the Perfumed Court but only received one decant. It's been a week, so I went to the website and there is no telephone number to contact. You have to submit a form and have them contact you back. Additionally, the hours of operation are 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm.

I prefer using the Perfumed Court over Lucky Scent because you can order larger samples particularly if you enjoy the fragrance. Can anyone suggest another company to buy decants from?

Thank you

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Perfumed Court

I've never used Posh Peasant but they also sell decants.

You probably know that The Perfumed Court is actually 3 women who live in different parts of the country and ship their part of the order separately, right? So your other decants may still be on their way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Scent splits
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

They usually put tracking numbers in the order information if you log into your account information.

Post Thanks / Like

delguy, I think you'll probably get the rest of your order in separate packages, as I often do. As 30Roses mentioned, three women run the company, and often the orders are split between who has what to ship. I've never failed to get all my orders from them.

Post Thanks / Like

My last order, a couple of weeks ago, came in three shipments, spread over about 2 weeks. They had posted that there was a bit of a hiccup in some of their packaging. But my samples arrived just as promised, if a bit later than usual.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a bunch of samples at the start of the month and all 3 packages made it to Aus and got delivered yesterday, no leaks or anything

My only gripe would be that the L'Air du Desert Marocain seems a bit bitter in contrast to the lucky scent sample, apart from that all the rest smelled gorgeous

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered 9 samples exactly a week ago today, there was a minor complication but TPC was quick to resolve the issue. I went to my mailbox today to find a small package from TPC. When I went home to open it there was a printed copy on a piece of paper of what I ordered, all the samples and what size. There was a little bag and in it a coffee candy and also a sample of tonka imperiale (which was one of the samples I ordered). Ummmmmmm is each sample going to come one by one in each individual packages or what? Im really confused? I knew they didnt ship all the samples in one package but only one in one package?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by canuck21 View Post
    I ordered 9 samples exactly a week ago today, there was a minor complication but TPC was quick to resolve the issue. I went to my mailbox today to find a small package from TPC. When I went home to open it there was a printed copy on a piece of paper of what I ordered, all the samples and what size. There was a little bag and in it a coffee candy and also a sample of tonka imperiale (which was one of the samples I ordered). Ummmmmmm is each sample going to come one by one in each individual packages or what? Im really confused? I knew they didnt ship all the samples in one package but only one in one package?
    Yes...it does happen this way sometimes. 3 ladies, in 3 different states, run TPC. So sometimes the decants/samples you order come from different places. Apparently, Tonka Imperiale is owned by only one of the 3 ladies. And she does not own the other samples you requested. I've rarely had my orders come in one package. And yes, sometimes, you get one sample at a time from 3 different locations. But you don't pay any extra for shipping. So it's all good, but it does make one chomp at the bit to get your entire order, doesn't it? Be patient, all will arrive in due time.

ps. the most you will get is 3 different packages.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaplain View Post
    Yes...it does happen this way sometimes. 3 ladies, in 3 different states, run TPC. So sometimes the decants/samples you order come from different places. Apparently, Tonka Imperiale is owned by only one of the 3 ladies. And she does not own the other samples you requested. I've rarely had my orders come in one package. And yes, sometimes, you get one sample at a time from 3 different locations. But you don't pay any extra for shipping. So it's all good, but it does make one chomp at the bit to get your entire order, doesn't it? Be patient, all will arrive in due time.

ps. the most you will get is 3 different packages.

Thanks a lot for the quick response, this makes a lot more sense now !

Why So Serious?
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had very positive experience with them.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Creed Spice & Wood
    5. Bond 9 Harrods Oud