Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Default Re: Perfumed Court - Very Expensive !

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    If I buy le Dandy PH for $95 and I end up thinking it smells like the inside of a rendering removal truck. I lose $95.00. At $12.75 for 8ml they make lovely little stocking stuffers. Why is that so hard to understand?

Raise your hands if you just keep buying the same thing over and over from a decanter.

Would you be happier if they sold it at cost? Then you could just buy what you need. That would be handy.

on another thing altogether. why does Bentley let me rent the sporty model at a bit over a grand a day? at these rates I could buy my own in 5 or 6 months.
    What's wrong with a 1 ml sample?

Selling at cost is ridiculous. I never said anything of the sort.

Their prices simply sky rocketed once all of them merged. I am not complaining, I am simply stating I will not be purchasing decants from them. I work in financing so I hardly need you to give me a speach about losing money. If I am unsure after sampling a frag I will purchase another sample. I don't see why you need to use 5-8 ml before you decide if you enjoy the scent or not. However, some enjoy sampling frags in that aspect. I don't, so I will only be purchasing samples. There are numerous people who look to purchase decants considering they wear several perfumes a year. My theory was simply that it is better to buy an entire bottle and have it for 3-5 years opposed to purchasing a new decant year in and year out.

Does that upset you that I myself will not be purchasing anything more then samples?

I'm not questioning the character of anyone here. I think it's great they have a website that is dedicated to selling a wide variety of samples and decants. However, considering the raise in prices, I assume they know how to do business. The less competition there is, the more you can charge. Instead of competing for lower prices with one another, why not merge so you can charge more together?. It's very smart on their part if that is the case.
    Last edited by matreal; 1st September 2007 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by matreal View Post
    I'm not questioning the character of anyone here. I think it's great they have a website that is dedicated to selling a wide variety of samples and decants. However, considering the raise in prices, I assume they know how to do business. The less competition there is, the more you can charge. Instead of competing for lower prices with one another, why not merge so you can charge more together?. It's very smart on their part if that is the case.
    you do work in finances, and now politics and diplomacy I see.

A simple solution. Write them and voice your displeasure about their prices and see what happens or don't buy from them. They have a right to make what they can.
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

It's a phenomenal site. A massive collection of all kinds, up to speed with new fragrances, wide variety niche, designer, vintage extraits, various other high quality stuff. Dependable people keeping the juice fresh, getting it out to you properly. A reliable connection. It's the sort of thing you wish for but often isn't around. In this case it's happening. A monumental accomplishment when you think about it. A heroic effort making the acquisitions over many years, then designing the site when the need arose. Most fragrances include notes and often descriptions. The prices are high on some of them but it's of minor importance within the bigger picture. It would be hard to ask for anything more.

Well said Pluran.
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    It's a phenomenal site. A massive collection of all kinds, up to speed with new fragrances, wide variety niche, designer, vintage extraits, various other high quality stuff. Dependable people keeping the juice fresh, getting it out to you properly. A reliable connection. It's the sort of thing you wish for but often isn't around. In this case it's happening. A monumental accomplishment when you think about it. A heroic effort making the acquisitions over many years, then designing the site when the need arose. Most fragrances include notes and often descriptions. The prices are high on some of them but it's of minor importance within the bigger picture. It would be hard to ask for anything more.
    Exactly
    --------------------------------------
    you do work in finances, and now politics and diplomacy I see.
    I'm not sure of whether to take this as a compliment or just sarcasm on your part. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. No, I am not involved in politics and diplomacy specifically. They're are plenty of politics involved in business. Thank you though.

Also, i am great full for what theperfumecourt is providing. If I wasn't then I would order samples elsewhere. They are singlehandedly helping to introduce amateur noses to absolutely great fragrances. i absolutely love the concept of some of their sample packages. Such as sample packages by notes, houses, perfumers, and level of experience with frangrances. i would have absolutely loved the website 10x more had I been new to the art of fragrance. However, i observed the change of three individual vendors with competitive prices to one merged company with increased prices.
    Last edited by matreal; 1st September 2007 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Re: The Perfumed Court

Oh dear. Well, I started this thread simply to say how pleased I am to be able to get decants of fragrances I don't have access to. I think with decants it's a case of shopping wisely, and I'm in no way planning to go shopping at The Perfumed Court for anything and everything...only the fragrances that are not available in the UK at the moment. I think business practices are for the people in the business to decide upon, and likewise it's a case of 'buyer beware'. We all have our own budgets to consider, and at the end of the day, one person's bargain is another person's rip-off. The value of the product lies with the level of desire to own it, I guess. Hmm...bit too philosophical for a Saturday morning. I'm off shopping.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Red face Re: The Perfumed Court

I have nothing but positives for The Pefumed Court. Living in OZ - pretty much all aspects of niche fragrances are expensive. To not get them here at all - or paying exorbitant shipping anyway. Having only buying decants for the last 12 months - and mainly from a great contact from Ebay, I have been blissfully unaware if the decants are expensive or not. To a degree, I have just taken the price as 'well, this is the only way I can get them', and I aint paying $200.00 AUD then another $65.00 to get a bottle of Montale Black Aoud, when I go off scents so quickly.
    To be honest, the four ladies should charge what they like. Can you imagine trying to store all those frags - in a home business which probably only started as a hobby?
    TPC - thumbs WAY up from the 'Moosh in OZ - you guys are pretty much the only way I can even DREAM of trying Guerlain Metallica!

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    ... its free publicity for them !

We are smarter than that aren't we fellow Basenoters ?
    Depending on the reader, it could be negative or positive. As for being smart, that really depends on where you intend to spend your money on decants.

If nothing else, Perfumed Court should be considered a last resort and nothing more. Now, that's being smart...
    Last edited by Trebor; 1st September 2007 at 12:54 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Ditto.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by matreal View Post
    Exactly

I'm not sure of whether to take this as a compliment or just sarcasm on your part.
    Sarcasm? Me? never happen.

Give then time, things will adjust as they learn how to run a merged business from four different locations. Startup costs are high , and if you just started out as a hobby and turned it into a business, and then combined with 3 other people, should I go on and on.

Look guys , I have been on their side of the coin and am still reeling from the loss of my business , both financially and emotionally.

It takes a lot of guts to do what they are doing, not to mention, money and time. LOADS AND LOADS OF TIME. I know it, I have been there.

You want them to provide the service of bringing products to you , which you can't get easily, and at the quantity you want to test ? DO you ? If you do, please put yourself in their shoes , before you say anything.

If I offended somebody by speaking my mind, I apologize, I didn't mean to offend anybody. I am just trying to state true facts.....
    Last edited by maisonstinky; 2nd September 2007 at 12:21 AM.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Give then time, things will adjust as they learn how to run a merged business from four different locations. Startup costs are high , and if you just started out as a hobby and turned it into a business, and then combined with 3 other people, should I go on and on.

Look guys , I have been on their side of the coin and am still reeling from the loss of my business , both financially and emotionally.

It takes a lot of guts to do what they are doing, not to mention, money and time. LOADS AND LOADS OF TIME. I know it, I have been there.

You want them to provide the service of bringing products to you , which you can't get easily, and at the quantity you want to test ? DO you ? If you do, please put yourself in their shoes , before you say anything.

If I offended somebody by speaking my mind, I apologize, I didn't mean to offend anybody. I am just trying to state true facts.....
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

I agree with others who have said that its a great resource. A wide selection of fragrances in one place, sold by a group of reputed sellers (from whom I have bought many decants and samples in the past) with a good site design interface.

I would think that such a collaboration would have actually resulted in lower prices because resources could be shared, but maybe the start up costs are really that high, or maybe its some other reason. There might be some parameters influencing the pricing decision, but we dont know what they are because none of the founding members has commented on it. Eitherways, its good to have such a fragrance resource, and good business early on might decrease the prices in the future.
    -

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

For the most part, price is ultimately determined by what the market will bear, unless artificially manipulated by events, authorities or other power sources. Competition and/or consumers help find the 'correct' market level after an adjustment period for new ventures.

If product "B" isnt selling, sellers will have to determine if it is lack of demand, competition or price problems. As long as product "B" is selling to a level comfortable for the seller and unavalable to the willing buyer for less cost, there is little reason to lower the price.
    Last edited by kbe; 2nd September 2007 at 02:42 AM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Dependent

I browsed and bought last night, and again I browsed today. There are now sale items and prices don't seem to be always mutiples of the 1ml size. Economy in scale seems to be factored in now. Pretty good for a store thats not been officially open two weeks.

Yeah their decants are expensive . . . but you are getting a great service from them. I think their concept is wonderful and I applaud what they are doing. What service you say?? It's expensive!? Many of their fragrance decants are the very hard to find, much prized vintage labels or discontinued, or unavailable in USA, or available from shops that will not offer samples at any price. So for a price they will sell you a taste before you have to fly to France to buy a bottle that you have never sampled.

They provide access to a world of fragrance that we can sample a little at a time before we spring for an expensive blind buy on e bay. It's better to buy a 2.5 ml spritzer of a classic frag for $15 than blind buy it on ebay for $140, only to find that oops! there was a reason they stopped making that one!

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky View Post

I am with you, Prince Vijayji !
    I'm happy to see your face here...
    Still, sad for your losses.

[I'm not posting much, 'cause I've hand woes]

Knowing at least two of these women, I have no doubts about their ethics and sense of fairness.

I don't think that the BN venting their opinions on this thread intended to challenge the ethics and sense of fairness of the four ladies, chaya. But undoubtly, some prices have soared, although not all. I recently bought decants from Nancy (when the PC wasn't up yet) and checked their prices now...there's a difference of maybe 1 or 2 USD, which is not bad, considering all the time and effort and costs to put up the website.

I personally will shop elsewhere...with the Italian customs eventually strictly applying EU laws on cosmetics import, it would be totally uneconomical to receive up to four different packages for one order, since I would have to send papers and pay charges/fees for each one of them.

To those - especially those on this side of the pond - looking for alternative decanters...don't forget that a few reputable BNers have set up a forum-style site and have a large selection at reasonable prices (PM me for details!).

And keep an eye on the "decantable" section in the wardrobe of our fellow members. I believe this is often overlooked.

Just my two cents!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky View Post
    Where would we be if people didn't speak their minds? Especially on a forum! I find this one of the most polite respectful forums I've ever been on.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

I buy from the Perfumed Court too.
    Last edited by MorganFay; 3rd September 2007 at 09:55 PM.

we are doing them a pretty big service as well. to get a fragrance collection that big you either have to

a: be incredibly rich

b: think of a way to have a hundred people constantly splitting bottle purchases with you. I decanted for a while on ebay, it was great, made a bunch of money and got a bunch of bottles for free. what theyre doing is not that hard people, dont play them as saints, there is clearly some motivation on their part.

As a newbie fragrance freak, I was real happy with their service and selection. Since I don't have prior history (and I personally LOATHE eBay - but that's a whole 'nother story), I didn't find their pricing that out of whack for what I was looking for - small samples of stuff that I would normally have to spend lots of $$$ for a full bottle of something I may or may not like.

It was apparent to me that these ladies spent a great deal of time, thought, effort and money to get their business model, service and website right.

I am aware there are other fantastic places to get samples (Luckyscent is one of my faves). But it strikes me that the service they are providing is a lower-risk way to try out stuff I may never be exposed to - exclusives, imports, etc.

Just a newbie's 2 cents worth....

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    Let me start out by saying that I have purchased in the past from all three women involved with Perfumed Court and was very satisified with each and every order. I think the idea was wonderful and I wish the ladies success ... HOWEVER, I am extremely disappointed in the way the prices have skyrocketed. I guess there is just not enough competition to keep the prices reasonable. Two weeks before the Perfumed Court opened, I bought a 5ml decant of Cuir Mauresque from one of the sellers for $15, that same 5ml decant is now $30. Every decant that I had been thinking about buying was increased by similar pricing, across the board. The tiny 1ml samples are all increased, and we're not talking small percentages either ...

Oh, and they no longer give free samples with an order. You have to buy $100 worth to get a 5% discount on a future purchase.

I really had high hopes for the Perfumed Court but I'm afraid that they have priced me out.
    shadesofbleu, I could not have said it better myself!! That exactly sums up my thoughts on The Perfumed Court. I was toying with the idea of buying some Lutens decants, but quickly realized that my budget would NOT allow.

I'd be a bit more than a little concerned about the "Unavailabe in the US" selections and whether TPC is conforming to all commercial import regulations...it's the line between gray and black markets.

And the gov't sees it as a far different matter than ordering from abroad for ones own personal use. TPC does not have their export terms correct and in accordance with CBP in the matter of to which countries a US Business is forbidden to export - so I am left with the feeling that they are importing under misapprehension as well. I could be wrong but.......

Rules & regulations are complex for this sort of things and whilst any shipment arriving that is under USD2000 may qualify for an informal entry, entry of goods still must be made. And even if there is 0% duty on an HS Code, entry must be made if the goods are being put up for resale.

This explains it: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/import/in...importer_info/

so if I'm wrong and they are in compliance...maybe that is part of the reason for the $$$ hikes: processing imports costs.
    We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give - W. Churchill

Dependent

why would you yourself be concerned about what a few people are doing in the States?

Thank you for the briefing on customs laws. did someone ask for it to be publicly displayed?

Is there still child labor in Lesotho?
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 24th September 2007 at 12:59 AM.

this is an industry discussion folder/space. ex/im is part of the industry. Lesotho is part of a Cadbury bar.

Dependent

TPC is not an industry. it's a small business.

The Kingdom of Lesotho is surrounded by South Africa. What does a Cadbury bar have to do with child labor, discrimination against the disabled and police torture?

We in the states find Cadbury a delicious candy bar.

Was Cadbury found guilty in a massive fraud concerning a Highlands Water Project?

Nobody can hear you scream on the internet.

TPC is not an industry. it's a small business.

The Kingdom of Lesotho is surrounded by South Africa. What does a Cadbury bar have to do with child labor, discrimination against the disabled and police torture?

We in the states find Cadbury a delicious candy bar.

Was Cadbury found guilty in a massive fraud concerning a Highlands Water Project?

Nobody can hear you scream on the internet.
    1) semantics

2-4) My geography bad. Between seeking out non-PRC made shoes and ethical (slavery free) chocolate for my pms, and ethical (from slavery and genocide free nations that also have freedom of belief) frankincense in my perfumes...well I just got a little fuzzy,,,,,ya know...and then there's making sure I'm not distroying the rainforests and indigenous cultures dwelling therein by wearing anything but a synthetic rosewood note.

5) but they can hear the need for alprazolam

addendum: I am a citizen of the world. Flag subject to change without nootice.
    Last edited by jaelynn; 24th September 2007 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by jaelynn View Post

1) semantics

Rhetoric

2-4) My geography bad. Between seeking out non-PRC made shoes and ethical (slavery free) chocolate for my pms, and ethical (from slavery and genocide free nations that also have freedom of belief) frankincense in my perfumes...well I just got a little fuzzy,,,,,ya know...and then there's making sure I'm not distroying the rainforests and indigenous cultures dwelling therein by wearing anything but a synthetic rosewood note.

No idea what you're talking about here but you sound like a member of the priveleged few of Lesotho

5) but they can hear the need for alprazolam

Much too short acting — but when you have infinite choices

addendum: I am a citizen of the world. Flag subject to change without nootice.

nobody quickly changes flags to Antarctica unless they have something to hide. Like Apartheid
    have a lovely evening
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 24th September 2007 at 01:39 PM.

tl;dr

I find their decants too expensive to buy now (bought from one of the ladies in the past), but their sale items are quite nice, it's good to check in with them just for that reason. I could have kicked myself when I bought several Crazy Libellule and the Poppies for full price, then the PC offered the same ones at half price!

I have ordered from them before. I will say they are so nice and have great CS but yes, their prices are a bit much. If I'm dying to try something and can't get it elsewhere or in a split, I sometimes have to go there but I try not too solely because of the cost.

eta: I try not to go there to much because it's so easy to get sucked in due to the fact that they have everything!
    Last edited by kimmyc; 26th October 2007 at 02:59 AM.

Good luck finding anything else like it at any price.

I thought it was expensive myself until I realized how massive their stock is and how much went into making the acquisitions.

It's an amazing site and I congratulate em on all they've done. Decanting on that scale is also a hell of a lot of work. Try it sometime.
    Last edited by pluran; 25th October 2007 at 12:48 AM.

I have used The Perfumed Court - and they are wonderful. I really only buy them for a 1.5 or 2.5ml sample - then if I like it - I will source from another site.
    In Australia - niche frags are difficult to come by and TPC have many to try. To be honest - there are some frags I will never buy a sample of as $40 for 1ml of something is just not worth it. But to try some Serge Lutens or others - I think they are a great resource.
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” Tallulah Bankhead - Actress

Quote Originally Posted by Gumoosh View Post
    I have used The Perfumed Court - and they are wonderful. I really only buy them for a 1.5 or 2.5ml sample - then if I like it - I will source from another site.
    In Australia - niche frags are difficult to come by and TPC have many to try. To be honest - there are some frags I will never buy a sample of as $40 for 1ml of something is just not worth it. But to try some Serge Lutens or others - I think they are a great resource.
    my scentiments (haha) exactly. i don't mind them making money, and it's up to me what i will and won't pay for something, for small samples of things i am curious about, the perfumed court seems like a fine option.

I have ordered twice, only the small decants just to test scents before buying full bottles. the shipping fees are more expensive now too and they only use USPS first class and not priority mail! it takes about a week. I miss the ebay days, they 'd always send extra free small size vials samples, no more instead you get candies! back in their ebay days, not only were they competing with each other but they had the feedbacks pressure to deal with.
    Last edited by bilqis; 2nd November 2007 at 05:34 AM.

Dependent

postage was cheaper too. and they can't make the decants smaller (we'd know) like Hostess does with my Twinkies every year. Raise the price of my Twinkies!!! This is America!!!?

I just remembered that Aedes de Venustas does samples. $15.00 for seven fragrances. If you order something from their website, the samples are free. They have pretty exclusive fragrances, but nothing vintage. I swear I have NO connection to them, but remembered the site - they have a lovely little shop in NYC's West Village. I used to go to the old store; they've since moved - the place is heaven!

www.aedes.com

I'll play for the losing side - again - and say that I've ordered from PC twice and was very pleased both times. Yes, they're wildly expensive, but where else can I order samples of Patou Pour Homme, Musc Koublai Khan, and all sorts of other niche fragrances? And I should qualify that statement by saying that I don't use ebay. I can't justify spending $200 on a blind buy, so paying $5-10 for a 1.5 mL sample seems a reasonable compromise until I decide what I want to buy in full.

That said, I wonder how Diane and Patty financed their perfume buying spree to Paris, which they're enjoying as I write this?
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

I have enjoyed so many samples from them on Ebay, but I haven't shopped at their website. Can't remember what I paid for my decant of Apres L'Ondee, but I wasn't going to spring for a full bottle and I love using it on occasion. Works for me.

It's a business, you run a business to make money, too many rookies practically give their services away and that's not good, either.

Another Perfumed Court fan here. They have introduced me to fragrances that would have otherwise been unknown or inaccessible to me.

Thanks Ladies!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I was thinking about what I posted last night and didn't mention that if a business charges too much, that can also be bad for business. Well, it's their business, not mine, and it's everyone's choice whether to shop there or not.

I like the Perfumed Court. Yes, they're expensive, especially some of their larger decants, but I order from them for samples, which are within my budget.
    I think of it in terms of convenience. I could go hunt down samples from different people on Ebay, but with the Perfumed Court, I have ( nearly ) all of them in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    I like the Perfumed Court. Yes, they're expensive, especially some of their larger decants, but I order from them for samples, which are within my budget.
    I think of it in terms of convenience. I could go hunt down samples from different people on Ebay, but with the Perfumed Court, I have ( nearly ) all of them in one place.
    I agree. They also ship promptly and are a pleasure to work with. Also you get the real McCoy, no knock offs here. Nobodys getting rich, just a standard mark up to run a business.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I think they are fairly priced for a site that operates as a for profit business for at least 4 owners. . And what a tremendous selection they offer and have invested in to be able to do so.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I don't like their privacy policy statement. I try to only buy from online sellers that will NOT share (sell) my info with ad servers and other companies, etc, or let anyone collect my info.

jmho

Lu

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettwild2006 View Post
    I don't like their privacy policy statement. I try to only buy from online sellers that will NOT share (sell) my info with ad servers and other companies, etc, or let anyone collect my info.

jmho

Lu
    I hadn't noticed that before...they do state that you can opt out of them sharing with 3rd paties upon registration, or by emailing them (although I don't recall that feature when I registered).

As far as the ad servers go, they're doing nothing that every other website/blog doesn't already do (ie - collection general visit information). And of course all you have to do is visit their website for this info to be shared...not necessarily be a customer.

might be, but I don't like my info sold, regardless.

Yes, the option to "opt out" is there, but wonder how many people realize that...

I have only started checking out policies such as that, after getting noticably more spam after visiting certain sites. Now I always check..

but many might not even be bothered by all this, so that's cool

Lu

Smile Re: Perfumed Court - Very Expensive !

Capitalism, at it's very best in a free enterprise system. As a consumer, you can choose to do business with them!!!!!! Or not!

Banned

I've purchased a few decants from them, and their service has been great.
    It's very nice for fragrances like selection verte which only come in large flacons.

Planning on getting decants of Black Aoud & Rose 31 as I'd like to direct my money towards my newfound obsession, serge lutens

Those ladies are wonderful,
    their frag selection incredible.
    They are reliable, honest
    and unbelievalbly helpful.

I buy from them, and will
    most certaily continue to
    for as long as the above
    reamins true.
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Angry Re: Perfumed Court - Very Expensive !

Holy sh*t. This is probably why I am now being bombarded with spam on the email address I use for buying things online. I only use one email address at every retail site I shop from. And starting about a month ago, I started getting dozens of spam daily. What a shame if they are doing this. I better opt-out, but the damage has been done. Spammers already have my email address.

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettwild2006 View Post
    Last edited by lsp_NY; 18th November 2007 at 05:12 AM.

It's expensive, but they can afford to be, because there aren't any other options. I had to get a set of samples of Non-Export Serge Lutens from Perfumed Court. They pretty much have a monopoly and can price as they please; if your samples aren't on Luckyscent for $3 then you have no choice but to buy from them..

Blog Entries

I used them for the first time this month - after becoming curious about all the talk here about Serge Luten's and Maître Parfumeur et Gantier.

Loved the nice service - decants came in lovely little pouches, with a note included (can now reuse the pouches for small Xmas gifts). They forgot one decant - and shipped it immediately with an apology (I hadn't even noticed it was missing)

Have no problem with the prices - is a heck of a lot cheaper than shelling out big bucks for something I may hate. Was amazed at the selection they have. Website was easy to use also. Will be a repeat customer.
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Yes, I couldn't agree more with DeeOlive. I would rather pay a few dollars more for a decant than make a more expensive, impulsive purchase that I regret. But a small vial? Je ne regrette rien. The service is friendly, fast, and professional.

I really appreciate these lovely ladies, their wide range of scents, and excellent service, too!
    I have used them since they opened, mostly for trying samples I cannot find elsewhere (far from all online companies in the USA or UK ship to little Norway!). I have eventually bought 5 ml decants, but *common sence* tells me buying a 15 or 30 ml decant from them would be far too expensive!!
    Check their different *specials* and *one-of-a-kind-offers* etc, while visiting the site; if you're lucky, there's where you can find a bargain once in a while.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Default Re: The Perfumed Court - An Amazing Site

Last edited by pluran; 5th April 2012 at 12:07 AM.

I've bought six decants since they opened and i'm sure i will purchase more in the future. Its an amazing site with an unsurpassed selection ran by four women just like us -- fragrance junkies!

BUT...the one thing that really burns me is the shipping. $6 for 1st class mail. Give me a freakin break! For that much they should at least ship their orders using Priority Mail.

Lots of good arguments both pro and con, as one would expect from here, but consider this.

Say they buy a frag at $100 for 100 ml, and sell a 10 ml decant for $20. 100% profit. Wow! Let me get into that business.
    Not so fast. They have to sell 5 of them to recover the out-of-pocket for the frag alone, before considering website cost, overhead etc.
    The cash flow requirements on a business like this have to be pretty high, and in fairness, this has to be part of the calculus.
    Maybe we should be complaining to the manufacturers about THEIR high prices.