Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

Default Re: Perfumed Court Issue

It seems like PC has a lot of happy and even passionate fans. Odd that we haven't heard from BeauSoleil again.

Smile Re: Perfumed Court Issue

I'm still a PC fan. Everybody's human. We'll make mistakes. I've been happy w/ PC both times I ordered from them. I have a 3rd one comming soon. I hope BeauSoleil reads this. Maybe he'll lighten up.

Another positive vote for TPC.
    Never had a problem with them since they started. I somtimes find things more cheaply elsewhere but if I am looking for several different things I'll go straight to them because of the breadth of their offerings.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dpak View Post
    It seems like PC has a lot of happy and even passionate fans. Odd that we haven't heard from BeauSoleil again.
    I don't know much about BeauSoleil but his/her initials are BS..right?
    Last edited by kbe; 1st March 2008 at 01:03 AM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I'm very curious too, tmp00. The people behind the Perfumed Court were the most reliable of EBay's decant sellers from whom I had purchased MANY fresh and authentic decanted fragrances. It's hard to believe they'd turn tricky all of a sudden after thousands & thousands of honest transactions.

I personally think that genuine Bois de Portugal smells stale when it's fresh. ~LOL~

never mind- answered my own question
    Last edited by smclean; 7th March 2008 at 09:27 PM.

Default The Perfumed Court - Any Negative Experiences?

I know they get a lot of praise, etc.... but I haven't received my package now for over a month. I'll have to sign some form and fax it to their insurance company before I can get my order reshipped. Just seems like a huge hassle. I guess I just have really bad luck. The tracking number info/shipping invoice doesn't really help either. It doesn't show if it was actually shipped, just the date it was scheduled to be picked up for shipping.

Any negative experiences? I generally just hear really good comments from them, so I'm interested to hear about any similar mishaps.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 18th June 2008 at 11:24 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: The Perfumed Court - Any Negative Experiences?

I have shopped from them several times. I once accidently got the wrong package (intended for another customer) from them, but when I informed them about the error, they immediately sent me a new package containing the correct samples. I usually receive the packages after a week or so, even to far-away Norway. But I agree that the tracking numbers they give are not really working as expected, they never show any actual information about the whereabouts of the package.
    Last edited by nenugal; 16th June 2008 at 11:43 AM.
    I love cologne.

I have seen there prices for their attars and I personally feel they are way over priced. They sell a 5ml sample for almost the actual cost of the whole bottle it self at retail price.

That's too bad, but I've only had excellent experiences with them as of late. I had an instance of receiving one wrong sample once, but they were quick to fix the problem and sent a new one right away.

I bought a sample of SMW, and it came really watered down. Creed is supposed to last longer than 10 mins right? Alot of alcohol in it. Really dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by jos1980 View Post
    I bought a sample of SMW, and it came really watered down. Creed is supposed to last longer than 10 mins right? Alot of alcohol in it. Really dissapointed.
    I would suspect that to be an issue with Creed, not TPC.

Thanks for all the responses, but I started the thread to know more about their general customer service instead of their product pricing or the questionable quality of their scents.

Anyways, I was suppose to receive a form today through email as promised, but I haven't received it yet. I might get it later. I'm just upset because most companies or online services will reship an order gone stray and file a claim through the courier service independently without dragging a customer into the entire ordeal.

EDIT: I was promised a claim form would be sent on Monday through email, but have not received it today.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 17th June 2008 at 05:56 AM.

Blog Entries

I've found their customer service to be very good. One order was delayed in being shipped, and TPC emailed me right away to let me know.

Another time, the samples were coming from the three separate companies and each company sent an email saying when it was shipped and giving me the tracking number.

But it's somewhat beside the point. Every company, no matter how well run, will hit a snag occasionally. Perhaps this is one of those snags.

Honestly, though, I'm not sure even what the problem is here. It sounds like you waited a reasonable amount of time, contacted them, and they're trying to make it right. They have hoops to jump through, too, if the items have gone missing. Using the tracking number system is something they have no control over. Different carriers update their tracking systems at different times of the day, at different frequencies, and the wording in the tracking can be convoluted at times.

Sounds to me like TPC has done a great job of taking care of the missing package and making you whole. In fact, so much so that it would not keep me from doing business with them again.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

I've ordered from them once before. Shipping was a little slow, and odd. I ordered 5 samples and they arrived in 3 separate packages. Not exactly sure why.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoos View Post
    Honestly, though, I'm not sure even what the problem is here. It sounds like you waited a reasonable amount of time, contacted them, and they're trying to make it right. They have hoops to jump through, too, if the items have gone missing. Using the tracking number system is something they have no control over. Different carriers update their tracking systems at different times of the day, at different frequencies, and the wording in the tracking can be convoluted at times.

Sounds to me like TPC has done a great job of taking care of the missing package and making you whole. In fact, so much so that it would not keep me from doing business with them again.
    My order was shipped from one source and I received one order and shipping confirmation each.

The tracking number is not very helpful because it does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date, let alone the travel updates. It could very much still be forgotten somewhere or shipped days or weeks later than what was promised or indicated in the shipping invoice. IMO sounds disorganized and they don't have a proper tracking service if they're dealing with a huge volume of shipments. It's one of their lags.

Most companies or online services will just reship a stray package and file a claim independently without dragging a customer into it causing hassle and time. IMO they should file a claim on their own without having to send me forms to sign and fax to their insurance company. It just seems like a real bother for a customer. I even inquired a little earlier but instead they said to wait longer till 30 days (which I didn't think would have made much of a difference), because they had to wait for their claims process. Again, dragging me into it again.

I understand they're trying to correct everything. I guess I'm just bothered by a few things, and I'm not a very patient person.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 17th June 2008 at 12:29 AM.

Basenotes Institution

No bad experiences here - I've always been satisfied with TPC.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

It's understandable. I think we all get impatient with our purchases. And we've all run into issues with vendors. It's particularly irksome when we weren't the cause of the delay and we've already paid our money. The good thing is most merchants will do the right thing. Especially those in a niche business like this (decants) who know that reputation can make or break them.

Also, TPC is run by three women who have their own businesses. Which is why you can get three or more different packages/tracking numbers depending on what you order. TPC is like a second business on top of their three individual businesses. There's some info about it all on their website. They're pretty upfront about it.

I will also give them and you big props for dealing with the insurance issue. While it may be a hassle, it's understandable that their insurance would want something from the "victim" of the crime. Or at least a statement saying that the stuff was never received. Don't know what you ordered, but if you look at some of TPC's stuff, they're dealing with major money at times. The rHippie (or is it pHippie) oils are in the freaking stratosphere price-wise.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

30 days wait to make a claim does seem awfully long.

As for the three-box shipments, upon checking their website, it appears things can be sent from three separate places (Georgia, Wisconsin, Colorado) as that seems to be where the three proprietors live.

Reference: http://theperfumedcourt.com/about_us.aspx

I hope things work out, nsamadi.
    Last edited by Aiona; 17th June 2008 at 12:46 AM. Reason: oops

Quote Originally Posted by Hoos View Post
    Also, TPC is run by three women who have their own businesses. Which is why you can get three or more different packages/tracking numbers depending on what you order. TPC is like a second business on top of their three individual businesses. There's some info about it all on their website. They're pretty upfront about it.
    Oh, that's cool. Thanks for the info! It DOES give me a chance to enjoy 3 of those delicious coffee flavored hard candies instead of just one.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Package arrived finally. Nevermind!!!!

Default Re: Perfumed Court - Very Expensive !

Does anyone have the September 2008 discount code for Perfumed Court?

Thank you
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Provocateur View Post
    Does anyone have the September 2008 discount code for Perfumed Court?

Thank you
    Codes for September:

Spend $75 and receive 4% off your order
    code is FALLBACK75

Spend $125 and receive 6% off your order
    code is FALLBACK125

Spend $175 and receive 8% off your order
    code is FALLBACK175
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Codes for September:

Spend $75 and receive 4% off your order
    code is FALLBACK75

Spend $125 and receive 6% off your order
    code is FALLBACK125

Spend $175 and receive 8% off your order
    code is FALLBACK175

petruccijc thank you so much !!!
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Quote Originally Posted by tmp00 View Post
    Well, I hadn't really noticed that the prices have gone up that much there, but I'm sure it's not easy co-ordinating this between 4 decanters in 4 states. I doubt they are getting rich on this, but if they are, good for them. They are nice women who were pretty much treated like criminals by eBay (I used to buy from all of them).

I like to use them for things I can't get just to try them or to try things like SL exclusives to see if I really want to jump through hoops to buy them.
    Yes, I agree. If I am looking for a bargain or for a larger size I often go elsewhere, but they have a great selection and sometimes it just makes sense for me to purchase from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascella View Post
    In case anyone has missed this, Nancy (Fishbone) broke out of TPC and continues now her own decanting service as she did before the TPC time.
    But she recently posted that she is going out of business.

She still has some things for sale. I bought from her in the past month.

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    Yes, I mentioned this too in a followup post .

Quote Originally Posted by Ascella View Post
    Yes, I mentioned this too in a followup post .
    Oops, sorry -- missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    Kind of implies she's not making a killing, doesn't it? Nobody else is competing with them because there isn't a lot of money it it. I remember seeing a couple months ago back that they'd just sold their 50,000th sample. This after a couple of years, with an average sale price of maybe $3-4 per sample. Before expenses. Split 4 ways. That's not outrageous profits; it's not even a living. Looks more like a couple of people who made their previously ruinous hobby self-supporting.
    Last edited by Onychophora; 2nd October 2008 at 02:35 AM.

Velvet worm? Cool.
    - Ben -

Top Five:
    Creed Royal Oud; Byredo Black Saffron; Etro Etra; Creed Aventus; Xerjoff Nio

eBay: mississippi_rifleman
    Twitter: Cigar_Ben

Wardrobe

Stogie Review

I have been surprised how many people google my screenname!
    Last edited by Onychophora; 2nd October 2008 at 04:28 AM.

I've only skimmed the first 180 posts, so excuse me if this is repetitive, but I'll just add my .02:

I'm a pretty ardent TPC customer, and if you're looking for exclusive, oddball items there's really no other game in town (where else am I going to get a decent decant of say...Le Labo Aldehyde 44?). Likewise if you want more than 1ml. [If you're just looking for 1ml samples of a more commonly available item, there are places you can do better.] There is some incongruity in TPC prices for some fragrances. It's not just a pure retail cost/ml = TPC cost/ml. This makes sense when you factor in how difficult it is to get some fragrances, but sometimes even this doesn't make sense. For example, why are some Chanel Exclusifs more per/ml than others? They all cost the same, and they are all equally available. On the other hand, being able to offer so many fragrances means footing the cost of paying for them, and not every fragrance necessarily sells very quickly. TPC stocks some obscure Parfumerie Generale items - lord knows how they got them and how much they cost - that I doubt sell very well. These are costs that need to be recouped elsewhere.

This irritation is very minor, though, and on the whole I'd be very disappointed if TPC were to go away. I don't need to spend $190/bottle for a 200ml Chanel Excusif when I may use 20-30ml a year. For less than the same $190 I can have 15ml decants of nearly the whole line.

On the whole I assume that the (very nice!) people who run TPC aren't raking in huge profits, but rather making an acceptable profit and enjoying the opportunity to work in fragrances (and to have so many options of what to wear in the morning!). There's nothing wrong with that. Reading some of the posts I get the sense that people resent any sale that isn't at cost, which is just an absurd way to look at things.

I've bought decants through Perfumed Court and I don't think they're expensive, and I'm pretty poor. I don't buy the biggest sizes (except for Habit Rouge which was a reasonable price), I just sample. And I've been able to sample some scents that I've waited a whole lifetime to try. I think that Perfumed Court provides an excellent service.

The more choices we have.... the better it is for the consumer. (us) So let's hope they stick around! But psst.. don't forget BN decanters!

Default decants from the perfumed court

I recently purchased some decants from The Perfumed Court. Not only were they not filled up all the way, but I am sure the fragrances were watered down and not the real thing. I had read so many good posts about this site and frankly was super surprised to find the opposite was true.
    When I complained I was basically told to bugger off and tough luck. What is the fragrance world coming to when you can't even get a good decant?
    I just don't understand how they can tout themselves as ethical when they are not. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Default Re: decants from the perfumed court

I haven't heard about anyone getting problematic decants from them yet. Personally, I've never bought from them myself... their prices and my wallet don't play well together.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Not only are their prices out of whack, I don't see how they stay in business and the perfume companies don't put a stop to thier antics. the decants are mostly fake and the customer service is terrible. They must be making a load of money.

I've gotten a dozen things from them and only had good experiences.

Basenotes Plus

I never had any problems with them, either.
    I love cologne.

I've also had good experiences. Very good service.

Only (very) good experiences with TPC. Several times I think I have gotten stronger versions (extra aoud in Montale´s, Annick Goutal in edp instead of edt).

Strongly recommended if you ask me.
    Last edited by pelle; 31st October 2008 at 12:10 PM.
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

What did you order?

I too have had only good (or great) experiences with the Perfumed Court. I think they offer a viable service for decants. Never felt as though I was getting ripped off or cheated. I use them quite often and will in the future. Highly recommend them.

Same here. Only once they forgot to ship one of the 4 enveloppes my package was divided into.

I sent an email to warn them, they shiped it on the very same day and I had it 3-4 days after.

Great service as well. I love tpc.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

I have had only great expereinces with the ladies of TPC. Everything I have gone on to buy a bottle of has smelled exactly like the juice I've obtained from TPC. I have never had any hint of things being "watered down". The decant not filled to the top might be explained away as I've received a number of 5mL decants in 8mL atomizers. It might just be case of the volume you ordered in a bigger container than you ordered.
    I hope this is all just a misunderstanding as I find TPC and other decanters to be an invaluable resource for colognoisseurs like me.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    I hope this is all just a misunderstanding as I find TPC and other decanters to be an invaluable resource for colognoisseurs like me.
    Troll alert. The original post is just another attempt by interested parties to discredit TPC by spreading disinformation. It has happened before. Nobody just innocently signs up for basenotes and proceeds to post immediately about how TPC sells fakes, dilutes etc.
    Last edited by the_good_life; 31st October 2008 at 12:20 PM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Troll alert. The original post is just another attempt by interested parties to discredit TPC by spreading disinformation. It has happened before. Nobody just innocently signs up for basenotes and proceeds to post immediately about how TPC sells fakes, dilutes etc.
    Agreed.

I've ordered probably a hundred samples/decants from TPC over the last year, and I will continue to do so. I've had no problems whatsoever.

Blog Entries

Frankenscent-- on your own thread you never came back to say what you had ordered. You are new to Basenotes as of today. Did you just sign up to bash them?

I have been spending about $200.00 a month since the beginning of The Perfumed Court. All samples were the real deal. I did have one sample that arrived broken. It was galdy replaced with a simple e-mail from me. Professional, courteous and honest women offering a valuable service to perfume aficionados.

Only one experience and it was very positive. My only complaint about TPC is that their prices are a bit high. But that's not a costumer-service problem. They offer what they offer and you pay for it or you don't. And if you do, you get excellent service and great product, in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Agreed. All he's managed to do is have everyone come out and sing their praises (if he's trying to discredit them it's backfired). I have only ordered from them once and it was a very good experience.

Down with trolls! They're ugly and hairy, and they smell bad!

I've ordered from TPC several times and have been more than satisfied, although I'm up to my neck in little sachets....

Off-topic now: congratulations on reaching 3,000 posts The-Good-Life!!
    Last edited by Snafoo; 31st October 2008 at 01:34 PM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Post Re: decants from the perfumed court

Thanks, you just reminded me that I've been meaning to order some decants. I think I will do that today.Thanks again.....Ron
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Quote Originally Posted by frankenscent View Post
    I recently purchased some decants from The Perfumed Court. Not only were they not filled up all the way, but I am sure the fragrances were watered down and not the real thing. I had read so many good posts about this site and frankly was super surprised to find the opposite was true.
    When I complained I was basically told to bugger off and tough luck. What is the fragrance world coming to when you can't even get a good decant?
    I just don't understand how they can tout themselves as ethical when they are not. Has anyone had a similar experience?
    BULL!

I've placed 8 orders with TPC in the last two months, and not only were they:

1) ALL REAL
    2) FILLED ALL THE WAY UP
    3) FAIR PRICES on very obscure items

But, the ONE time I had leakage from one of the samples, they immediately replaced it, free of charge.

Time to get the moderators in on banning this guy.

I don't know what your problem is/was but the Perfumed Court was always happy to help me out when I thought something was wrong with a decant.

You are a troll because you didn't tell us what you ordered, why you thought the fragrances were watered down and your two lonely posts are bashing and instigating a flame war.

Every member here so far has nothing but praise, there is no need for a thread like this.

And in case you do have a legitimate complaint, if you check your order, sometimes the vials are 1/2 ml in a 1ml vial, this is normal and most vessels are slightly larger than their stated size so as to not overfill them. Contact TPC directly and they will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenscent View Post
    Not only are their prices out of whack, I don't see how they stay in business and the perfume companies don't put a stop to thier antics. the decants are mostly fake and the customer service is terrible. They must be making a load of money.
    Drop it, Frankenscent, your post is against the rules:
    2.2 The Basenotes Community is not a venue for personal or private vendettas.

Keep your personal business as just that – personal. This forum is not a venue for the resolution of personal disputes with members or companies.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I have purchased decants from TPC and from many other sites. I buy what interests me, I buy what I can afford, and I have never been dissatisfied with the service of any of the decanters, nor do I believe I have ever been sold a fake.

Thumbs up Re: Perfumed Court - Very Expensive !

This is an old and longstanding post, but I just had to comment. Yes, TPC is expensive, but you know what you are getting, it's as fresh as can be, and can you imagine having the patience to decant, with a fresh pipette and/or funnel, 100 1 ml vials of different fragrances, labeling them, packaging them (very carefully) and then shipping? It's very labor intensive. I've done a few decants myself and inevitably make a mess ( I'm not exactly the fine motor skills poster girl!) and get bored after about 6 samples. I think they do a great job, and overall, save me money since fragrances I might have purchased blindly, I now get to try first, and there have been MANY that I thought I would love, based on the notes pyramid, that actually have been near scrubbers. So.....I'm thrilled that they provide their service, and no one else does it as well or with so many great and hard to find fragrances. (PS, I'm in no way affiliated, though I should probably have stock!). ^_^

P.S. I'm sorry if I've totally duplicated previous supportive posts here in mine..I only scanned about half!!
    Last edited by lizzie_j; 2nd November 2008 at 05:23 PM. Reason: addendum

AromiErotici

Default What's up with TPS sending samples via 3 people?

I ordered 5 samples a week ago and within a few days received 2 of them. I shot them an email asking about the others and was told that if I had read the about us page, I would have known they would be coming from possibly 3 different people. WTF??!!!

Last time I order from them straight up. How freakin hard is it to LMK that in the order confirmation. No telling when I'll get the other 3.....and of course, the 3 I'm waiting on are the ones I really wanted to sample.