Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Default Re: A bone to pick with Perfumed Court

In all fairness, TPC did have an annoucnement about this and I read it on their site myself. They did announce that they had become aware of the problem and that they were going to switch to another brand of atomizers. They advised their customers to try to use up the contents of those purchases first or use those atomizers for purchases they intend to use fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    In all fairness, TPC did have an annoucnement about this and I read it on their site myself. They did announce that they had become aware of the problem and that they were going to switch to another brand of atomizers. They advised their customers to try to use up the contents of those purchases first or use those atomizers for purchases they intend to use fairly quickly.
    Do you have a link to that announcement?
    I find their website a real mess to browse.

For the rest, I'm happy that JonB pointed this out, since I was planning on ordering some Frederic Malle decants from them. I would feel pretty scr*wed if they send me bad atomizers, with the advise to use it up quickly, certainly with such prices. The fact that the announcement is not to be found directly certainly doesn't excite me to order anything from them.

Blog Entries

I recall seeing the announcement a few months back. I wonder whether the OP's samples were made with the newest atomizers or with the ones they replaced?

Yes, it was awhile ago. They must have switched already. Is there a way to check with them directly?

Jon, this is very annoying. Talk to Diane. You'll find the best feedback and service, and don't worry about venting here before seeking to talk to them. Someone is preaching you as if you came here with the intention to defame TPC, which clearly not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I recall seeing the announcement a few months back. I wonder whether the OP's samples were made with the newest atomizers or with the ones they replaced?
    I haven't ordered from them in a few months, so I can't comment on whether new atomizers are already being used. My comments apply to the shorter, squat atomizers they switched to about 18 months ago. Previously they had been using slimmer atomizers for their small decants. If they've made a switch, that's great, and hopefully no one has anything to be concerned about any more.

Basenotes Plus

Iiirc I had only encountered this problem once, with their 2.5ml squat atomiser. My sample of Tobacco Vanille evaporated after a few months! Luckily I wasn't that enamored of TV. But I agree, please highlight the issue to Diane.

I've had this happen a number of times with those squat little 1.5ml atomizers, sadly.

I too saw the notice on their website a few months ago though. I'm not really mad - any sample that evaporated was one I obviously wasn't using very often. Nothing particularly special disappeared on me, luckily.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Default Re: My mini review of the perfumed court.

The Perfumed Court is pricey but they have the best selection of new and vintage decants that I have ever seen. Their shipping times are variable but as others have mentioned they ship from 3 different locations so that is to be expected. Of the 100+ samples that I have ordered from them, I have only had problems with three samples: one was broken, one had lost it's scent and one was mislabeled. Additionally, during a one month period, approximately 20 spray samples arrived without caps. Most of these issues were resolved quickly.

Please keep in mind that all sales are final. http://theperfumedcourt.com/ReturnForm.aspx If you receive a sample and the scent seems to be off, you may be told, as I was, that the owner (the person who sent the sample) needs to agree that the scent is off before they will ship another sample to you. Therefore, when you return the sample (at your expense), if the owner decides that the sample matches their bottle of fragrance, they will return your sample to you. If your sample is determined to be incorrect, they will reimburse up to $2.00 postage and send out a new decant. This can be a lengthy process. In my case, it took one month to confirm that my sample had lost it's scent because the owner was out of town. Once the mistake was discovered, however, a new sample was promptly shipped to me with their apologies.
    Last edited by sanggol; 9th February 2011 at 03:27 AM.

Can anyone let me know what the basenotes discount code is? Seem to remember using one last time I ordered from TPC but can't find it this time.

Very expensive. Good service but I'd recommend exhausting all other options, such as stores, decants /samples from boards like crystal flacon, scent splits etc

I believe one of my samples was mislabelled as the notes didn't match up, but they insisted it be returned, checked and reposted if incorrect otherwise sent back. Considering the time and cost of posting a vial back to the USA from UK, the cost of the sample $5 and me having spent over $100 on my last couple of orders, I thought it was harsh. From the email, I'd lose out on shhipping costs either way. Anyway cs could've been better imo.

I love TPC.

Default Re: Buyer Beware - The Perfumed Court (dot) Com

I've had almost the opposite experience. Where the product from the Perfumed Court was excellent and when I ordered a full bottle it was dulled down. The only way I would have known the full bottle was bad is if I had ordered from the perfumed court before hand. I've ordered many times from the PC and never had a problem, which doesn't really mean that they haven't sent out some bad samples to other people. Sorry for your situation.

I am new to BN and after reading all the posts on this thread, I do not think I am going to have a problem ordering from these guys.

Default Is There Anyone Out There That Can Beat TPC ?

I've ordered samples from each place that's talked about time and again. Some from places not discussed here at all except for problems or possible problems. I just have to say man I'm Impressed all the way around with the service, presentation, efficiency and customer satisfaction with the offerings and the ladies there at TPC. They got their act too-geth-er over there. Am I missing any place else like that? Or are they in a league of their own?

Default Re: Is There Anyone Out There That Can Beat TPC ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hey.its.me View Post
    Or are they in a league of their own?
    For those who buy samples - yes.

I can't get over the markup at TPC... I buy a lot of samples from luckyscent, they are .7 mL for $3, more if it is a very expensive frag. If I want a larger decant I'll look here and crystal flacon, a forum for decant sales. You can get larger decants for about 1/2 the price of TPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    I can't get over the markup at TPC... I buy a lot of samples from luckyscent, they are .7 mL for $3, more if it is a very expensive frag. If I want a larger decant I'll look here and crystal flacon, a forum for decant sales. You can get larger decants for about 1/2 the price of TPC.
    Yeah that's the biggest issue for me as well. I usually just stick to Luckyscent.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I think the people who have purchased samples from me might have a different opinion, because they pay less and get more, though I may not have the same selection. Other BNers also sell samples and they may have better prices as well.

Always look first if samples of the fragrance you are interested in are available by the fragrance house. Amouage, MFK, Malle, Le Labo, Lorenzo Villoresi and a lot of others for example are selling official samples at acceptable prices.

I only use them for samples that are impossible to get. Otherwise they are way too expensive, even with the currently favorable USD-EUR exchange rate.

I'm really pissed off at TPC. I used to order from them often and they used to ship to Qatar without a problem. Until one day, they decided to that their insurance provider won't be liable to ship to Qatar. WTF?!

TPC great service, but very expensive, although when they have their offers on, if a perfumer you are wanting is part of the offer, you can get a great saving that way. For me sample wise, I either buy direct from the company, or use Essenza Nobile, First in Fragrance, Lucky Scent or Les Senteurs.

If you are looking for certain niche lines in the U.S., you cannot beat Aedes' sampling program: Seven samples for $15 of any fragrance that they stock.

The Perfume Shoppe has a similar program, five samples for $15, and they carry different stuff than Aedes. I have yet to try them or it out, however.

TPC charges upwards of $3.00 per mL, plus shipping, for small samples of many of those same niche scents.

Generally, my decision to purchase among reputable sites with similar prices hinges on who will toss in more/better samples that I want with my order.

Blog Entries

If at all possible, I trade samples with BNers. Get rid of your doubles or things you don't like. No charge but the mail fees.

Other than that, the big three: Aedes, LuckyScent, and TPC.

I've bought designer cheapie samples from ScentMonkey (not great service, some items listed not available and not sent without any explanation), as well as sample packs from independent companies, but I keep going back to the big three.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    TPC great service, but very expensive, although when they have their offers on, if a perfumer you are wanting is part of the offer, you can get a great saving that way. For me sample wise, I either buy direct from the company, or use Essenza Nobile, First in Fragrance, Lucky Scent or Les Senteurs.
    +1. I've finally done business with TPC and I'm quite happy with the service. But, as I've mentioned a couple of times in the past, I'll only buy samples/decants from TPC if there's nowhere else to obtain them.

There are always options if you look hard enough.

As others have stated I would use TPC if the prices were a bit better. I also go direct to the brand otherwise Luckyscent.

Once bitten, twice shy for me I'm afraid. Wouldn't go near TPC.

TPC is overpriced. You can get free samples (email/phone them) from some of those houses or the store that sells them. Or you can find way cheaper splits/decants/swaps online on other forums/youtube.

I use Aedes for samples first, because it's a great deal: 7 samples/$15. Then LuckyScent. I only use TPC for samples if I can't get something somewhere else. As other posters have said, I request free samples from companies and have been successful with that.

I do use TPC for decants. But I often check ThePoshPeasant.com first. Their prices tend to be a bit cheaper on some decants. They do not have the extensive selection of TPC. But customer service is perfect, and the product is always great. I highly recommend checking them out. I think if more of us shop The Posh Peasant, their collection will grow and they may become stiff competition for TPC.

I just got some samples in the mail. One of the caps wasn't screwed on straight. The contents leaked out. The entire envelope reeked of fragrance, as well as the rest of the mail and the mailbox. I had to spray the inside of my mailbox with a garden hose.

I threw it out the envelope immediately. I very politely let customer service know and they were pretty rude about it. They wouldn't give me the benefit of the doubt and asked me to take pictures of the package and the decant which I had already unscrwed and threw out, which I guess might've be a reasonable request, but I'm not too impressed with the way I was treated.

Anyway, I won't be ordering from them again. It's too expensive. It's annoying when you order a whole bunch and they send it to you in several waves of two decants each. They don't know how to screw on a bottle properly, and they don't know how to talk to people respectfully.

It is a great site to try out new fragrances that aren't readily available, but I think from now on I'm going to stick to fragrances that I can try out in store before I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoy View Post
    They wouldn't give me the benefit of the doubt and asked me to take pictures of the package and the decant
    Wow, that's really bad. I have never heard of such a thing.

I very politely let customer service know and they were pretty rude about it. They wouldn't give me the benefit of the doubt and asked me to take pictures of the package and the decant which I had already unscrwed and threw out, which I guess might've be a reasonable request, but I'm not too impressed with the way I was treated.
    I am sorry your experience with them was not good.

I tend to use TPC as a last resort, for a few reasons, but have had no issues with several larger orders in the past, as well as a smaller one recently.

In their defense, they do state the bit about needing a photograph for any return/exchange/replacement/refund on their policies page:

All purchases are carefully wrapped. In the unlikely event a bottle breaks or leaks in transit, please snap a clear photo and then contact us sending the photo with your contact. We may ask you to return the damaged bottle and packing materials (at our expense). If an insurance claim is necessary, we must have clear photos for the claim. Upon receipt of these items, we will send a replacement.
    http://theperfumedcourt.com/policies.aspx

Blog Entries

... It's annoying when you order a whole bunch and they send it to you in several waves of two decants each.
    The reason for this is that there TPC is 3 women who live in different parts of the country. Each one has certain bottles of perfume, so each one sends her part of your order. That's why the order may come in separate packages and not all on the same day.

Default The Perfumed Court Feedback

My first time ordering from Perfume Court was last week. Cheers to Lisa! She shipped her portion of my order the day the order was placed so the Un Lys and Feminite Du Bois samples arrived in 2 days! Appreciated, Lisa! It was carefully packed and 2 little candies were tucked inside as well - nice presentation.
    Patty's portion of my order waited 3 days to ship after the order was placed, arrived today and I could smell the samples from outside the package before opening which was not the case with Lisa's portion. However, the samples appear to be intact. Included in today's arrival are Fleurs D'Oranger, Daim Blond, and Ambre Sultan.
    Diane's contribution to this order was shipped about 4 days after order placement -a solitary Chergui sample - which has yet to arrive.
    Update: A USPS tracking check on Diane's portion of my shipment shows that while a June 10th email from her states that my Chergui sample was shipped that day - the truth is that indeed today, June 14th, it is still in the Atlanta, Georgia post office. Diane lives in/near Atlanta Georgia.

On a much happier note....I sampled the samples that I do have. Here are my impressions:

Feminite Du Bois - This would BOTHER any man. Ladies, if you are actively looking for one (a man, that is), this is unlike anything out there. And it's just plain unfair to wear this around any man you aren't hoping to hook! And, this is a perfume that unfolds like the chapters of a book...layer after layer comes in it's own time. The word beautiful somehow doesn't really describe it for me though....it's more like, devastating. This scent could be the sharpest sword in the arsenal of the warrior woman's attempt to gain the attention of the opposite sex. Definitely, for a mature WOMAN only.

Ambre Sultan - Rather let down with this one, very sad to say. Perhaps, it is because I was expecting it to blow DK's Black Cashmere away. It doesn't, for me. A bit powdery for what I was expecting...

Fleurs D'Oranger - Lovely, especially if you love the smell of jasmine. The orange scent is there but not cloying or over-powering. I didn't much care for the first spray, however. Something a tiny bit plastic there but not for long. Before long you'll get the spice with the flowers and it's really nice. It has something special that comes out later too that separates it from all other florals out there, but I can't quite put my nose on it. This would have been my favorite feminine scent if only I had sampled it before Un Lys.

Daim Blond - Sexy from the first spray. Sharp so as to grab attention but only so far as to do that only. Wear this one with that black leather coat one evening and you'll likely have to duck from trouble all night. Can a scent be mouth-watering? This one is so, for me. Another one to be careful with - not to be worn around just anyone. I see a confident, UNASSUMING ,beautiful woman- single or taken, wearing this. She is beautiful, but only others are aware of her beauty... She is not conceited and that is the final straw to carry this one off 100%. I would wear this in the colder months too.

Un Lys - This is for me! Tearfully and movingly beautiful - honestly. No sharp edges, profoundly beautiful from the first spray onward. So supremely feminine that it inspires me to be as feminine as possible outwardly. True lily, vanilla, musk... and yet even as I type those ingredients, the smell is just beyond those words somehow. Must get some before it becomes unavailable.

When the Chergui sample arrives, I'll let you know and my impression.

Barefoot Contessa
    Last edited by Barefoot Contessa; 14th June 2011 at 11:57 PM. Reason: more info to add

Default Re: The Perfumed Court Feedback

I've only ordered a couple of times from TPC when they have offers on certain perfume lines. All the samples and 2 full bottles I ordered arrived safely and very quickly to the UK, but one sample set never turned up. After waiting long enough for it, obviously it was lost in the post, but TPC sent me another set out which did arrive, so they certainly get a thumbs up from me for customer service.
    I find their sample prices are very high compared to the likes of Essenza Nobile, First in Fragrance, Les Senteurs and LuckyScent where I normally shop, but they do have a large offering.

I was just about to place an order with TPC but will check out those you recommend Craig. Which has the best shipping to the UK? TPC is only $8 which is pretty good.

I really like The Perfumed Court.

Quote Originally Posted by queen_sheba View Post
    I was just about to place an order with TPC but will check out those you recommend Craig. Which has the best shipping to the UK? TPC is only $8 which is pretty good.
    Les Senteurs is in London and do not charge a delivery for samples as long as you do not order more than £18 worth. Each sample is £3 so basically a maximum of 6 and free delivery. If you want to order say 12, just put in 2 lots of orders for 6 and still get free delivery
    First in Fragrance charge 5 Euro and Essenza charge 5 as well which is about £4.42, their samples are usually about 2.5ml in size and are spray vials. Lucky Scent charge $6 for samples, but the size of their vials are small.

Default Update: The Perfumed Court plus Serge Lutens Sample Reviews

Update: A USPS tracking check on Diane's portion of my shipment (ordered June 7) shows that while a June 10th email from her states that my Chergui sample was shipped that day - the truth is that indeed today, June 14th, it is still in the Atlanta, Georgia post office. Diane lives in/near Atlanta Georgia.

On a much happier note....I sampled the samples that I do have. Here are my impressions:

Feminite Du Bois - This would BOTHER any man. Ladies, if you are actively looking for one (a man, that is), this is unlike anything out there. And it's just plain unfair to wear this around any man you aren't hoping to hook! And, this is a perfume that unfolds like the chapters of a book...layer after layer comes in it's own time. The word beautiful somehow doesn't really describe it for me though....it's more like, devastating. This scent could be the sharpest sword in the arsenal of the warrior woman's attempt to gain the attention of the opposite sex. Definitely, for a mature WOMAN only.

Ambre Sultan - Rather let down with this one, very sad to say. Perhaps, it is because I was expecting it to blow DK's Black Cashmere away. It doesn't, for me. A bit powdery for what I was expecting...

Fleurs D'Oranger - Lovely, especially if you love the smell of jasmine. The orange scent is there but not cloying or over-powering. I didn't much care for the first spray, however. Something a tiny bit plastic there but not for long. Before long you'll get the spice with the flowers and it's really nice. It has something special that comes out later too that separates it from all other florals out there, but I can't quite put my nose on it. This would have been my favorite feminine scent if only I had sampled it before Un Lys.

Daim Blond - Sexy from the first spray. Sharp so as to grab attention but only so far as to do that only. Wear this one with that black leather coat one evening and you'll likely have to duck from trouble all night. Can a scent be mouth-watering? This one is so, for me. Another one to be careful with - not to be worn around just anyone. I see a confident, UNASSUMING ,beautiful woman- single or taken, wearing this. She is beautiful, but only others are aware of her beauty... She is not conceited and that is the final straw to carry this one off 100%. I would wear this in the colder months too.

Un Lys - This is for me! Tearfully and movingly beautiful - honestly. No sharp edges, profoundly beautiful from the first spray onward. So supremely feminine that it inspires me to be as feminine as possible outwardly. True lily, vanilla, musk... and yet even as I type those ingredients, the smell is just beyond those words somehow. Must get some before it becomes unavailable.

When the Chergui sample arrives, I'll let you know and my impression.

Barefoot Contessa

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Update: The Perfumed Court plus Serge Lutens Sample Reviews

Thank you for your lovely impressions Barefoot Contessa. Great reviews.
    You make me want re try Feminite du Bois again.
    I love Chergui so I look forward to hearing what you think of it. It's the hay note in it.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Don't give up with Amber Sultan. It is an acquired taste. You'll need at least three, maybe four wears, and the part that makes it really famous doesn't even chime in until over an hour into it. THEN it trurns good. . . legendary, even. . . keep trying.

And you'll LOVE Chergui. Congratulations!

I spent some AUD$300 on orders from TPC between February and May, and everything went well until one shipment failed to arrive. I waited to ensure that I was pretty sure it had been lost, and contacted them.

They said they would replace the lost perfumes, a set of Lilac samples, an a Creed. That was back in early May. Still nothing. I am just a tad disillusioned. Given the relatively high cost of their product, I will be looking elsewhere for my samples where possible.

As an Australian, I am used to a very high level of customer service. When a company here says they will do something, 99.9% of the time, you can rely on it being done. The money doesn't really matter, it's the principle.

You and I are total opposites, like 180 degrees. What you like I do not, and all for wrong reasons.

Can't please them all, sorry.

I've ordered from TPC several times and have been very happy with each order .. for me, the tracking number is a good thing to have in case something does get lost, but as far as letting me know just when my goodies are going to arrive, I've usually received the package before anything shows up on tracking. ( same goes with the Canadian Post .. unless it's express or expedited )

Very nice reviews. You and I agree on a lot of things - FdB, DB, Un Lys....

Blog Entries

Les Senteurs is in London and do not charge a delivery for samples as long as you do not order more than £18 worth. Each sample is £3 so basically a maximum of 6 and free delivery. If you want to order say 12, just put in 2 lots of orders for 6 and still get free delivery
    First in Fragrance charge 5 Euro and Essenza charge 5 as well which is about £4.42, their samples are usually about 2.5ml in size and are spray vials. Lucky Scent charge $6 for samples, but the size of their vials are small.
    Given the above info it doesn't look like Perfumed Court has much competition to worry about. Two of the businesses (at least) are in Germany, one in the U.K. And Lucky Scent does not sound like a better deal than TPC. You did not mention the Posh Peasant, which is a samples company in the USA, is it not? They do not have the selection of TPC but they seem to me from their website to be a good one to include in such an inventory of companies.

N.B.: they are currently in hiatus though while they relocate. They have been moving for some weeks now so I wonder how much longer they will be "in transit"?
    "Classics aren't classics because they seem old but because they seem always new". Tania Sanchez

I have had no problems to date.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Lovely reviews.
    Daim Blond I really disliked when first released it was all apricot jam on me. Then I retested it last year and suddenly it was just fabulous beyond fabulous.
    Ambre Sultan was my first Lutens and love at first sniff. Please do give it another try.

Feminite du Bois I have the original Shisiedo version and it is far darker and truly wonderful. I sniffed it when it appeared in the SL and recoiled at this ultra sweet watered down thing it had become. I own the body cream and it is more intent and rich than the current edp from SL.

Un Lys is rich heady and gorgeous.
    Last edited by donna255; 15th June 2011 at 03:58 PM.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    You and I are total opposites, like 180 degrees. What you like I do not, and all for wrong reasons.

Can't please them all, sorry.
    Ha ha, I'm with you here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Contessa View Post
    Update: A USPS tracking check on Diane's portion of my shipment (ordered June 7) shows that while a June 10th email from her states that my Chergui sample was shipped that day - the truth is that indeed today, June 14th, it is still in the Atlanta, Georgia post office. Diane lives in/near Atlanta Georgia.
    Delivery confirmation is not true tracking. Scanning is irregular. The item may have moved on but not yet been scanned to show where it is.

and Essenza
    Do you have a link for them? I'm only getting a fragrance called Essenza coming up

thanks!

(also Barefoot contessa - when you say "Mature" for Feminite Du Bois, how mature are we talking here! 50+?)

I have had no problems with TPC, but I rarely order from them because of their prices. They do have a large inventory, so if there's something I just *have* to try and can't get any other way, I'll go there. Would love to find alternative sources that are more reasonable, though.

Basenotes Institution

I have had no real problems with TPC . I haven't ordered in a while because the prices are high . Once the shipping was very slow - 2 weeks but it wasn't their fault but USPS. Luckyscent is nearer to me so if I can ,I always go through Luckyscent.
    The Posh Peasant is a good site too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LiliB View Post
    I spent some AUD$300 on orders from TPC between February and May, and everything went well until one shipment failed to arrive. I waited to ensure that I was pretty sure it had been lost, and contacted them.

They said they would replace the lost perfumes, a set of Lilac samples, an a Creed. That was back in early May. Still nothing. I am just a tad disillusioned. Given the relatively high cost of their product, I will be looking elsewhere for my samples where possible.

As an Australian, I am used to a very high level of customer service. When a company here says they will do something, 99.9% of the time, you can rely on it being done. The money doesn't really matter, it's the principle.
    I would be concerned as well, but is it possible TPC did ship but that the samples were held by Australian Customs?

The problem with international shipments for fragrance from the USA is that they are simply not supposed to be sent by USPS due to the flash point. The fact that some companies send them anyway does not mean it is legal. Some companies choose to obey the law and refuse to ship outside the USA, as is their right; others do what is best for business.

My P.O. also told me the only way to get true, dependable tracking for any international package is to send it by Registered Mail, which is costly. The Customs form number, I was told, is "somewhat" trackable but not reliably so.

These ladies all sold on ebay. On ebay, they were rated on their perforrmance: Speed of shipment, communication, item as described etc... If I had to make an educated guess, Diane and Patty did not fare terrifically in the speed of shipping department. Since they cannot be rated with ebay feedback any longer(which is a shame, but likely much to their happiness) this and other forums such as this are a SUPERB way to rate the Perfumed Court. And I would highly recommend anyone who uses them or any online company to use any avenue available to them to post feedback on the internet.This is a great way to get out the
    "buyer beware" message to others. I am sorry that you never received your items that you payed for. That bothers me. On ebay, Patty, Diane and Lisa had to abide by more stringent rules to protect buyers. And while I can't guarantee that this would not have happened to you if you have dealt with them there, at least paypal and ebay would have questioned them and you could have left open feedback for all to see. Again, there are many online rating sites with which to rate the Perfumed Court and others- PLEASE use them. God bless you.

Quote Originally Posted by queen_sheba View Post
    Do you have a link for them? I'm only getting a fragrance called Essenza coming up

thanks!

(also Barefoot contessa - when you say "Mature" for Feminite Du Bois, how mature are we talking here! 50+?)
    Maturity, for me, is a state of mind. But if you pin me down to numerical parameters, 35-60...

Basenotes Institution

I believe you can pay via Paypal with TPC and if you did - perhaps this is an avenue to explore re. what happened to the sample replacements ?
    It is possible customs confiscated the samples.

( NB. Out of interest... I have had perfume samples come from Australia marked clearly as 'perfume' on the customs form - and they miraculously survived and got to me A-OK ! :O )

Blog Entries

Sadly, I get the distinct impression that our old world is going backwards. The perfumes are getting messed with, all for the sake of some regulatory (busy)bodies who don't even care about perfumes as we do. We can't ship things overseas anymore without some hold up or hassle. Can't fly with liquids no matter how ridiculous the case may be. You would have to have lived in the 1950s and 60s to be able to compare and see what has happened. Sad and does not bode well for the future.
    "Classics aren't classics because they seem old but because they seem always new". Tania Sanchez

Thumbs down The perfumed court feedback update- final

Well, my fellow perfumistas, my experience with
    THE PERFUMED COURT is complete. I sent a queston to customer service inquiring as to the slowness of the shipment of the last part of my order - no reply.

I have a bad taste in my mouth. By God's grace, I have been blessed with the gifts of understanding and empathy in that I prefer to think the best and will give someone the benefit of the doubt.Especially if they communicate with me... However, this dealing with THE PERFUMED COURT has to do with wasting my time and more importantly, my money. I am feeling ignored and that doesn't feel good.

Keep in mind that these ladies, Lisa, Patty and Diane all sold on ebay in the past. I am guessing that since they no longer need to worry about speed of shipment feedback and how that will affect the security of their business, it may NOT be a huge priority to ship their orders quickly? The shipment I received from Patty was leaky as well. Considering that each sample cost between 7-9 dollars for one ml.? Of course I made the decision to buy from them although I do find their prices high. But I have a right to expect the samples to arrive intact, yes? And further, to be able to communicate to the sellers regarding this and receive an answer?

At any rate, my experience with this online company is that the biggest thing these ladies have going for them is their offering. Otherwise, overall, the speed of shipment is fair to poor, and the customer service is poor. Again, this was my experience.

I am setting forth to search for other companies with whom I can do business effective immediately. THE PERFUMED COURT is not the only game in town and I will be happy to post my findings as to other companies in the future.

BTW, I also made my first purchase with Lucky Scent recently. A very pleasurable experience...smooth as silk! Oh, and FREE samples, up to 7, with your fragrance purchase!

God bless!

Barefoot Contessa