Code of Conduct
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Default Re: The perfumed court feedback update- final

I don't know...I'm not some kind of expert on the perfume business, but I've often wondered how TPC makes money. Yes samples are expensive per ml, but you're not just paying for the perfume, you're paying for the time of the person who has to pry off the bottle top and squeeze perfume into teeny vials with disposable pipettes, the person who keeps the inventory/accounting, and the incredible amount of money they must have tied up in inventory in order to have that selection. I think there is no way you can get a valid business model out of that, you do it for love and it is something more akin to a public service. That's why you actually don't see other sites with that level of choice in sizes and vast inventory - it is not an inherently profitable way to do things.

Just because Amazon exists doesn't mean every vendor in the world can match that level of customer service - they are a vast company with vast resources. They have tremendous negotiating power with vendors and suppliers not to mention UPS, FedEx, etc. TPC has to ship the way they ship for a reason, shipping perfume is problematic and I'm sure they don't have the clout to make UPS do their bidding.

I would hate to live in an economy where the only services you could get are from huge conglomerates. Just because the level of service that Amazon provides exists doesn't entitle me to demand little vendors go out of business to provide me the same level of service.

Just a thought. I don't know for a fact that's why they do things the way they do, I just went to the reasoning that it was due to their size and the nature of the business rather than they don't care about timeliness or whatever.

I have been a very happy customer - they are resending my order at their own expense because I screwed up the address the first time. I offered to pay again but they said nah. I've never had a problem with them.

If it weren't for TPC I never would have tried things like Mitsouko, because I live in a metropolis, yet there is no tester of the EDP even at Neiman's. So I feel very positively towards them.
    Last edited by HazelMae; 17th June 2011 at 07:22 PM.

Default Re: The perfumed court feedback update- final

I've had nothing but good experience with TPC. And, yes, Luckyscent is wonderful.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: The Perfumed Court Feedback

Over the last 18 months I have done a lot of business with TPC and I have never had any problems with the product or the service. I think they go out of their way to provide quality service. I think it's really unfortunate that after one less than optimal experience you choose to disparage their reputation on a public website. Deal with them directly and give them the chance to respond and make it right.

I just received a small sample I ordered today. I ordered this on Monday and it's already here. Plus a few pieces of candy and a fabric pouch. This is not my first order with them and I am happy with all of them.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Over the last 18 months I have done a lot of business with TPC and I have never had any problems with the product or the service. I think they go out of their way to provide quality service. I think it's really unfortunate that after one less than optimal experience you choose to disparage their reputation on a public website. Deal with them directly and give them the chance to respond and make it right.
    I agree with you, Kiliwia -- TPC has always treated me well, too. I've been purchasing from them for about three years now, happily so.

I agree with what HazelMae says about TPC - the fact that they do what they do even though it is a big investment for them shows that it is a labor of love, and I am willing to cut them some slack for slow deliveries because of it. I always get my stuff within 2 weeks; even though it sometimes takes them a few business days to get stuff to the post office, it is always professionally carried out, with delivery confirmation numbers sent by email, good packaging, and those little candies they are famous for. The other places to get samples only sell samples of, of course, the things they have FBs of in stock because they sell those FBs. TPC only does decants, they have a huge selection, and they always get new stuff in soon after release - not to mention all the vintage stuff that they supply. I also appreciate the "curating" they do by putting together all of their themed sample packs. I am pro-TPC.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LiliB View Post
    I spent some AUD$300 on orders from TPC between February and May, and everything went well until one shipment failed to arrive. I waited to ensure that I was pretty sure it had been lost, and contacted them.

They said they would replace the lost perfumes, a set of Lilac samples, an a Creed. That was back in early May. Still nothing. I am just a tad disillusioned. Given the relatively high cost of their product, I will be looking elsewhere for my samples where possible.

As an Australian, I am used to a very high level of customer service. When a company here says they will do something, 99.9% of the time, you can rely on it being done. The money doesn't really matter, it's the principle.

LiliB,

I was very glad to read that this lost batch finally arrived yesterday (http://www.basenotes.net/threads/279...=1#post2212244).

It would seem the fault was the USPS's rather than The Perfumes Court's.

I have to say USPS is pretty reliable most of the time, but not perfect by a long shot.

I hear ya - i ordered on the 21st June and my parcel is still in GA (Georgia?) UPS don't seem very reliable TPC - might be worth looking at a more reliable international courier?

:-(

Itís definitely a case of caveat emptor. As a frequent purchaser of Perfumed Court scents, I have to say that I find little fault with the scents that are shipped out to me. The issue starts after receipt. In the space of a fortnight, their samples have lost a discernible amount of depth (to a good nose). Theyíre kind of bare, skeletal. I have ordered samples in all conditions. Initially, I chalked it up to the heat, but winter makes no difference. I store them away from light, under the bed. Next time, I shall lock them away in a draw, but this measure seems excessive. Iím sure Iím not the only one encountering such problems. IMO their thinly protected vials are the culprits. Iím sure Perfumed Court are well aware of these ticking time bombs, but perhaps they prefer their cost effective measures over being reputable sellers of quality perfumes. It would be useless to pursue the matter, theyíre impossible to have any kind of dialogue with. Theyíll soon do without my custom.

I ordered roughly $70 worth of samples from them these past few weeks and was pleased with their service. I would have rather not spent $70 just to try them out but I wrote it off as a learning experience or "text book" fees if you will. Most of what I ordered were the popular scents mentioned in threads or ones that have been recommended to me by other forum members.

I think it was a great experience. No more samples for me though unless it is impossible to try otherwise. I'd rather spend money on a bottle.

On the other hand scented monekey.com seems a little flakey. I placed an order and the majority were not available. I did receive a prompt refund to my paypal account but I would have preferred knowing what was available before I ordered.

Default perfumed court decanters: is it legit?

I like the concept, but do they really sell the real thing? Or is it diluted/fake crap?

Any experiences with them?

Default Re: perfumed court decanters: is it legit?

Super legit! check out the online shopping section of this site, they have a section.

I've only read legit things about them. But to be honest you never know with the ultra rare things. So I wouldn't purchase something very rare (and expensive) from them since their prices are already ridiculous.

EDIT: I'm not questioning the legitimacy of the perfume court. They are legit for sure, but I'm saying for the ultra rare stuff that they themselves have had a hard time acquiring, they might be fakes or inaccurate (without them knowing). It's really hard to tell with rare things.
    Last edited by Ekove; 23rd August 2011 at 02:32 AM.

Basenotes Plus

No problems with PC or Luckyscent. These sellers would not have acquired the legendary status they now have among perfume devotees if they sold diluted/fake crap.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Very reliable from my experience...gets pricey pretty quickly though.

Ive had good experiences with TPC as you should considering the prices.

Awesome, thanks guys.

I'm not ordering something that rare. I just fell in love with Bigarade Concentree, and I was thinking of getting a 2.5ml decanter version before making the investment in a big original bottle.

Many of us use them a lot. Very good people. I've probably order about 30 decants/samples with no problems whatsoever.

Just bear in mind it's like buying wine in a restaurant. You're paying a lot more per ml.

Used them quite a bit. Not cheap, but not absurdly expensive. There is a fair, if sometimes expensive connection between what they charge and what they offer.

I prefer to use them and to pay for my samples, rather than to get a couple of freebies from ignorant, over-loquacious "Sergio" or "Randy" or "Pedro" or "Romney" salesmen at overpriced boutiques, at the cost of having to extol their "fantastic customer service" here, post after post, thread after thread, part of my abject job being to mindlessly call a "troll" anybody who goes in the way of my strident sales pitch.

So yep, long live The Perfumed Court, where you "pays" your money and you "says" your piece afterwards, without worries about having to suck up to the bribers who bribed you.

Good People! I've ordered $72 worth of samples from them this month...will buy from them again.

Good site, very expensive for what you're getting, but sometimes it's the only option.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

They are very reliable! Have ordered from them many times... great service!
    "Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each!" - Henry David Thoreau

TPC is as legit as it gets.

I've order samples from luckyscent and perfume court before. Both Legit. I especially like Perfume Court for their niche selection. Especially if you just want to see if you really want to drop that money for that expensive item.
    "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

They're definitely legit, all samples and decants are genuine. That being said they're extremely expensive, and shipping is very slow. I've also had quite a few mix ups with my orders (all of witch were eventually corrected). I've found better alternatives and only use them as a last resort now.

I've ordered several times from TPC. Remember, it's essentially an operation run by just a few ladies in different locations around the country; that's why orders ship from different locations in different groups, and why it sometimes takes a few days for a particular group to ship. I don't think that's a big deal. TPC is very reliable, albeit expensive, and has a great selection. Order with confidence.

I have ordered tons of samples from them. They are legit and ship rather quickly. I have had nothing but great experiences every time I have ordered from them. I have ordered like 30 samples from them and they have yet to disappoint.

100%

They're all long time members of Basenotes who used to sell here when the site allowed sample/decant sales, and between them they probably had a thousand or more transactions with all positive feedback.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I've bought a few times with no problems.

However, they are not the least expensive source for samples, so I only use them as a last resort.

Usually the most expensive option, but always legit and reliable. Just got about a dozen samples from them last night. They have one of the best selections for hard to find niche fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    I like the concept, but do they really sell the real thing? Or is it diluted/fake crap?
    As far as I can tell, they sell the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    Any experiences with them?
    I've had one order go astray, but they made good on it once I called it to their attention. They may not be as cheap as others would like, but small businesses don't get a lot of breaks on their costs. On the other hand, the compiled sets by various categories is a useful value added product that most other retailers cannot easily offer.

Of course many perfumers and retailers do offer sample ordering as well. While individual samples from LuckyScent, for example, can be slightly more expensive than from TPC, that's offset by the knowledge that there's usually a bottle ready to ship if I run into something I want.

Yes it is.

Legit, but I refuse to pay their absurdly high prices, especially for things I can get for free in a store. $22 plus shipping for 8ml of an easy to find designer fragrance, no thanks.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

How long do you people keep them for? Youíre definitely not keeping them for more than a few weeks. I place large orders, but they always spoil.

Default The real deal with ThePerfumedCourt ?

Ok, so I have ordered many many items with TPC. Never any problems to note as such and the only issue maybe with the excessively long wait for my present order of decants. However, as I did some research online about this company, I was really surprised to see one rating website on the first page of seach results ......give the TPC an average of 1 star for their service delivery customer service etc........I was aghast in learning this new info...and checked the website for troll activity etc....but it looked pretty authentic and real .....
    I just hope I dont have the same issues with them if indeed my package has gone astray or was never sent out...

How long on average do TPC customers usually wait for their order?.......and I know I know they do ship from 3 separate locations.......but close to 2 weeks now and no sign still of remaining portion of original order.....

And I am dreading having to go through what some others have gone through dealing with their cust service.

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: The Perfumed Court Feedback

TPC has done OK by me. I haven't ordered that much from them or very frequently. But all in all they seem to be quite willing to give good customer service, though their email responses are pretty darned slow! Some posters, above, said they contacted TPC about problems and never received an answer. You may have to be a "squeaky wheel" in order to get oiled with a reply but I think you would get one.

The big criticism of TPC is their prices. I agree. I think that their prices do reflect, however, their cost of doing business. Others have noted the high overhead they undoubtably have. They carry a ton of inventory! And the decanting process is very, very labor-intensive.

That said, they are not the only game in town. In addition to the frequently mentioned alternatives (Lucky Scent, Posh Peasant), I have found a way around TPC's high prices on scents that I was not able to find anywhere else, up to that point, other than TPC.

Let me give a case in point. I really wanted more than just a small sample of Apres L'Ondee, which is my favorite scent. My little sample that let me know what this fragrance smelled like was exhausted. What to do? I looked at what TPC wanted for small decants (e.g. 5 ml., 8 ml., etc.) and just could not bring myself to spend that kind of money on that amount of fragrance. What to do?

I went to eBay to see what I might be able to do there. AL'O is not a popular scent; it is not very well known. This is largely due to the way Guerlain acts. 100 ml. bottles of the stuff are very expensive in my world. Your mileage may vary. But I certainly was not going to be able to pay what eBayers wanted and they were not any cheaper than ordering direct from the main Guerlain suppliers. Frankly, for alot of the fragrances I am interested in, eBay is not any kind of savings, or bargains at all. What to do?

Well first of all I laboriously worked my way through all of the Items for Sale here on BN. I did some Searches on AL'O in that forum but that search, in my experience, is not very good. After finding what the Search found, I did a "manual" search and found more AL'O not found in the Search function. What I did find turned out to be already sold. So no luck here on BN. Then I tried over at Crystal Flacon. Many BN sellers also have a presence over there. And it was at Crystal Flacon that I found a seller who had AL'O and in larger quantities than TPC, and at much lower prices, plus free shipping! This was a fellow going by the user name of archmemory.

My transaction with him went very well and I now have 20 ml. of AL'O, without feeling like I was getting ripped off (which WAS the feeling before that). So y'all might want to consider my approach in some cases.

Hope this helps, Breck
    "Classics aren't classics because they seem old but because they seem always new". Tania Sanchez

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Potpourri View Post
    How long do you people keep them for? You’re definitely not keeping them for more than a few weeks. I place large orders, but they always spoil.
    I've never had any go bad yet and I have quite a few. I make sure they are stored in a cool, dry, dark place.

Default Re: Buyer Beware - The Perfumed Court (dot) Com

Now that you mention it, I recently got a 1.5 sprayer of GIT and when I first put it on I was underwhelmed, then convinced it was Cool Water. I had sampled GIT previously and it was wonderfully complex and the drydown just got better and better but this latest decant lost the top and mid within 10 minutes leaving me with the same synthetic ambergris scent as cool water.

So I tried a test. I showered and then put GIT on one arm and Cool Water on the other. It should have been a night and day difference but it wasn't. It obviously wasn't cool water I was given, but neither was it superior to cool water, just different and a little better.

My previous decant was a 1ml with the plastic applicator and just touching that stuff to my skin was an explosion of scent, no such luck with the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by stanmar View Post
    Ok, so I have ordered many many items with TPC. Never any problems to note as such and the only issue maybe with the excessively long wait for my present order of decants. However, as I did some research online about this company, I was really surprised to see one rating website on the first page of seach results ......give the TPC an average of 1 star for their service delivery customer service etc........I was aghast in learning this new info...and checked the website for troll activity etc....but it looked pretty authentic and real .....
    I just hope I dont have the same issues with them if indeed my package has gone astray or was never sent out...

How long on average do TPC customers usually wait for their order?.......and I know I know they do ship from 3 separate locations.......but close to 2 weeks now and no sign still of remaining portion of original order.....

And I am dreading having to go through what some others have gone through dealing with their cust service.
    It can take anywhere between 2-4 weeks. If they donít have something in, they usually send you a card to notify you. Itís a shame their database isnít up to date enough to reflect this prior to the order. Keep this in mind: you have to chase it up. If you fail to do so, do not expect the perfumes to arrive. My case was resolved only after I made a subsequent purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    I've never had any go bad yet and I have quite a few. I make sure they are stored in a cool, dry, dark place.
    Thanks. Iíd love to hear a response from some Aussies in regards to our brutal climate. Thereís no question that my samples are severely tainted after a few weeks. Basically, I have about as long is it takes for the amalgamated scent inside the envelope to dissipate. In a few weeks, when itís no longer fresh, I am left with hundreds of dollars of spoiled samples. I enjoy sampling a plethora of perfumes and I am quite prepared to meet their prices, but I expect some degree of assurance that these perfumes and their vials are of good quality.

Iíd also like to hear from people that have both their most recent vials. I find the current ones with the lids tend to be at greater risk of scent spoliation.

I'm a somewhat regular customer of TPC and I've yet to be let down. Yes, some of their prices aren't very reasonable but most other prices are. Their core competency is their selection; there isn't one outfit on Earth that can even match TPC's selection, much less beat it. Their web site design is abysmal, however. Sometimes I wish they'd hire a pro to redesign it, but I understand that would be awfully tedious and thus probably expensive.

I'm lying. I just want the coffee candy.

Strange that there seems to be issues with your samples Potpourri. Is it just TPC samples or others too? I've had LuckyScent samples for a while now and all are fine.

I have ordered many times from TPC since about January? of this year... and have ordered rather a LOT of samples!
    Yes, I keep them in a box, so the samples are kept in the dark, other than that, nothing special about my storage.
    I've not had any problems at all with the samples going bad - or weak...I don't really expect the samples to be cheap, most of the time I order sample of perfumes that are difficult if not
    impossible to find in my area. I don't order samples of perfumes that I can find in Edmonton or Calgary or Vancouver. I'd say that for me, the prices at TPC are not low, but it's simply very, very worthwhile for me to be able to sample so many treasures. I am very happy with TPC....
    Last edited by IngaMi; 5th September 2011 at 05:33 PM.

Eons ago when I used to work in a restaurant there was always "that guy" who was indignant that wines cost more in the restaurant. As if paying for a restaurant bar, staff, storage and a liquor license cost nothing.

I agree that I don't expect samples to be cheap...obviously the cost per ml is higher when you're maintaining a comprehensive inventory and decanting it into teeny vials.

I'm not affiliated with TPC, just never could stand "that guy"

Angry Re: The Perfumed Court Feedback

I could not be more unhappy with TPC. My last (and final) experience with TPC resulted in my filing a charge back on my Mastercard. I ordered a new Caron Alpona parfum flacon that was going to be something very special to me. It's rare and nobody else has it for sale that I know of, so it was with a great deal of excitement I ordered it. Weeks went by... and nothing! Not a word. Then I received the bad news...

Because TPC did not properly declare the goods mailed to me (they wrote "PRESENT" as the "Description of Contents".. and marked the item as a "Gift"!) Canada Customs went ahead and opened the package. They removed and destroyed what they described as "a flammable or non-mailable item" (which was the Alpona parfum flacon) leaving only the box.

I can't tell you how disappointed I was on several levels. Immediately I thought about stopping my buying, trading and selling of fragrances for good. Over time I calmed down and pressed to resolve this. I sent many e-mails to TPC customer service and to owners, personally, probably around 20-25 e-mails. Two friends supported me and also wrote in about this issue. Nobody received an answer to any inquiries. Nobody seemed to care. The friends who supported me are now planning to avoid TPC as well. Where I was willing to accept a partial refund, credit or just about anything - we were all ignored. It filled me with regret and remorse that I'd ever given them so much as a penny of my money, now that I was being ignored.

Though I've ordered from them in the past, I will never give them another chance after this and would like to warn customers, especially international customers, about TPC's lack of understanding when it comes to declaring items properly (not doing so is against the law).

I would advise customers to avoid TPC. Maybe I'd give them another chance if (and only if) they decide to start treating customers with respect and exhibit professionalism in their transactions. There are many excellent private decant sellers and sample programs in place that are superior in every way to TPC, especially when it comes to value. Having gone through what I did with them, this insulting, stressful, awful experience, it was the single most disappointing perfume transaction I've had since getting into this hobby.

That's quite a story, AnthonyDG... a nightmare for every perfumista! I'm sorry to hear! It does not solve your issue, but Alpona is still available from Caron in Paris.

Thank you, Larimar. I actually knew of Alpona being available at Caron boutiques but wasn't sure how current that news was! But sadly it would not be in the wonderful vintage crystal display and size (25ml) that was needlessly destroyed! I've also seen a person on Crystal Flacon who has it listed right now for a very reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    That's quite a story, AnthonyDG... a nightmare for every perfumista! I'm sorry to hear! It does not solve your issue, but Alpona is still available from Caron in Paris.

Well I have been looking for another company who can provide me with samples, as I have become really disheartened with LuckScent. I spent well over $100 with LS on samples and when they arrived, honestly almost half of them smelled almost exactley the same, with the same note of alcohol coming through all of them, with very little fainy scent of what the actual perfume is actually supposed to smell like!!

I immediately suspected that they had diluted some of the samples.

I decided to do my own investigation, I ordered some samples from LS again, this time a small order of scents of which I already had purchase previously, and LO and behold when they arrived, they had clearly been diluted!!!!! They smelt very weak like they had been strongly diluted compared to my originals!

Today I found out about the Perfumes Court but after reading many reviews here, it seems they are up to the same tricks as LS. These companies dont do it everytime, but even once is not acceptable in my opinion and unforgivable.

ANyone know any reliable retailers who send GENUINE 100% authentic samples everytime?

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    Strange that there seems to be issues with your samples Potpourri. Is it just TPC samples or others too? I've had LuckyScent samples for a while now and all are fine.
    I only procure samples from TPC. I donít consider LS an option. They are nowhere near as flexible as TPC on the sizing front.

TPC is terrific. I've only had consistently positive experiences with them. They are prompt, accurate and reasonably priced. They've saved me from many a rash, blind impulse-buy.

I've ordered more stuff from TPC than I can count and have had nothing but excellent experiences with them. Initiating a thread with the words "buyer beware" because you sense some inadaquacies in some juice you sampled seems idiotic. Did you ask for help from the fine ladies at TPC before you posted this? Have you tried using an atomiser to apply your samples? As mentioned above, pouring and atomising are two very, very different experiences.

Now I'm wondering why I even bother. Could some of the posts that go on ad nauseum about every inch of how bad their experience was actually just be doing a hit job? Is it the competition? Is there anyone else anywhere that offers the depth of products and the sincere friendliness?
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 7th November 2011 at 03:22 AM.

Count me as another fan of TPC. No complaints from me and I have used them extensively

Does anyone know how fast they usually ship to the UK?

I placed an order for eight samples three weeks ago and so far have received two parcels containing just three samples... Perhaps rather foolishly I also placed another order before the first had all arrived - I've even received one parcel from the second order already...

Surely it can't take that long to ship here?? I've posted quite a few letters and parcels to NZ before which have literally reached the other side of the world within two weeks.

The few times I have ordered from TPC I had always one bit (they split the shipment depending where the bottles are actually stored) arriving at my end after what was a minimum of 4-5 weeks. I do not understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by Apep View Post
    Does anyone know how fast they usually ship to the UK?.
    Normally 2 to 3 weeks but I have waited up to 4. They are sent from 3 different cities, depending on who holds the stock you want. They aren't particularly quick off the mark: Luckyscent orders normally arrive 10 days to 2 weeks after ordering. Still, for variety they cannot be beaten.

Default Re: The Perfumed Court - Any Negative Experiences?

I hate to resurrect an old thread on TPC. It is in no ways a hate campaign directed at this company. But, has anybody else had repeated problems with delivery of orders with TPC ?. For those agents or minders of TPC on this site, have no fear as the info I provide can be substantiated with order numbers and details. Ok , so my first order never came. I contacted them and was provided again with a USPS tracking number for the items. It was in fact that label that can be printed from any USPS machine before it is placed on the package. After 3 weeks, no movement or record of any activity on the USPS website. I contact them and they will "just this once" resend to me. ....Now , I decide to give them the benefit of the doubt and place another order 3 months later. Well guess what , same thing happens ......2 weeks now and not a sign of the package or any activity on the USPS website. I mean how can this happen twice like this?.....I mean once would be annoying ........but twice is unacceptable...........like what are odds ?......It appears odd and troubling again that the portion of the order containing less expensive items ....arrived on time but now for the second time the more costlier decants have somehow been lost in transit.....
    I will give them another week and then I will revert to my bank to begin the dispute process for refund of my money. This ongoing issue is such a headache and I wish the folks at Theperfumedcourt.com in CO would get their act together.
    Last edited by stanmar; 8th December 2011 at 05:20 PM.

I've ordered from TPC for quite awhile now and haven't had any problems. I know you must have read previous posts about packages coming from different locations, so sometimes one package will arrive, and a week later etc. the rest will come. Sometimes it does take awhile, but for me, I don't mind the wait. Mind you, I have never had any lost in the mail either....
    About the USPS tracking number and website, I don't even bother with it, even when I order stuff from other companies in the US and it comes by regular mail ( with tracking #'s ) it never shows any activity other than showing it's been sent, so I don't get too excited about that. I wish you luck with getting your packages!

I've never had any problems with TPC either.

USPS tracking numbers are almost always useless; unlike those for other couriers, they tend to not tell you any useful information prior to the package's delivery.

The only issues seem to be with Patty's branch in CO . They have mentioned that to me already. It appears like she and the branch in GA get a large amount of orders and a problem exists with delivery and tracking packages coming from these locations. I did notice that for all of my other orders, the packages tracked perfectly . With the CO portion of my last two orders , the USPS info never got beyond the shipping dept in CO. I checked again today and a weird thing happened. Namely, the tracking showed an error msg stating " tracking info for this item is unavailable right now " , checked the other tracking numbers for other branchs and they showed up to date info ........My thinking is this - and bear in mind I worked in a online before - to adhere to the 5-7 day guidelines for order processing on their website, the "USPS" tracking label was printed and the info sent to me. They fulfilled their shipping obligation within the prescribed timeframe on that end. This bought them time and keeps the dogs off, so to speak. In the meantime they went back to that label and reentered the info and actually sent the package to me today. If this indeed is the case, I will gladly accept the package. But if this whole situation becomes protracted I am working with my bank to resolve it as soon as the 3 week timeframe they require for refund.

Unhappy Anyone else have problems with The Perfumed Court?

For over a year now, I've been ordering samples and decants from The Perfumed Court, and have had no problem. Lately, though, they've added a third person to their staff, so perfumes can arrive in three different packages depending on what you order, and my latest experience was disastrous.
    My sample of Mitsouko had leaked out completely by the time it got to me, and though the package smelt wonderful, there was no scent left in the small spray bottle!
    The problem seems to be with the lid, and with a new type of bottle they've used. There's a metal lid, and it doesn't fit properly. The sender at TPC had taped up the lid with thick, green tape, so they must have realized there was likely to be a problem. The tape did not seal the scent, however, so I still lost all of it.
    I've emailed them three times, but no reply. Their telephone hours are only during the night for the UK - my time, i.e. between 11 p.m. and about 6 a.m., which means it's impossible for me to call them.
    Has anyone else had problems? If so, how did you resolve them?

Default Re: Anyone else have problems with The Perfumed Court?

Oh, goodness..

I haven't had anything quite as disastrous as yours, rose. It takes weeks and weeks for any samples to arrive (and all at very different times from each other due to the three locations they send from now!), but I've only had one breakage/leak so far.

I emailed them only a month or two ago because of this and they responded promptly, and were very helpful, they kindly apologised and sent me a replacement sample without any fuss.

I hope they get back to you soon! There is hope yet.. P: