Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What's up with TPS sending samples via 3 people?

When Basenotes (and eBay) banned decant sales, three people joined forces and formed The Perfumed Court. I think it is a wonderful story of innovative internet-enabled corporate structuring.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 21st May 2009 at 12:42 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like

This is the way they have operated ever since they've joined forces when the ban came on trading via Basenotes. They are each separate suppliers who managed to combine enough capital to set up the one website - something none of them could have done on their own. I for one am glad that they are here doing this service for us and don't find separate sources much of an inconvenience. They have always come through for me.

Post Thanks / Like

This notice is posted on TPC's home page:

"The Perfumed Court would like to remember one of their own - Lee Weissman - who played an instrumental part in the creation of the Perfumed Court and its website, including designing our logo, business cards, the overall web design & home page flash. Not only was Lee one of The Perfumed Court's biggest supporters, but he was husband of 18 years to Diane Weissman - Co-Owner of The Perfumed Court. Before helping make The Perfumed Court a reality, Lee was a renowned News Editor and Producer, working with newsmen Dan Rather and Ted Koppel. He worked for ABC, CBS, WOR, NBC, Nightline and was an Emmy nominee for his editing while working at Inside Edition as well as award winning news producer also while working for Inside Edition. Lee Weissman passed on May 16, 2009, leaving behind his wife of 18 years and 8-year-old son. He will be remembered for his outstanding Creativity, his acrid sense of humor and his never-ending love and support of his family."
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I ordered 24 samples recently and yes, they came from 3 people on three different days, between 4 and 8 days from the order. One of the samples was wrong (Habit Rouge EDT instead of the Habit Rouge EDT that I want to try) and their customer service responded promptly and is taking corrective action.

I think they are great people to do business with!

Never had a problem with this. If I recall, there are notices on the invoices that let you know that there will be packages coming from several different places.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    When Basenotes (and eBay) banned decant sales, three people joined forces and formed The Perfumed Court. I think it is a wonderful story of innovative internet-enabled corporate structuring.
    Expressed perfectly! I love the three TPC ladies and I have always gotten three separate shipments from them. I just wished they would knock down their pricing a bit.

However, last time I checked, I am not a communist and they have every right to operate their site for profit.

Best,

TJ

Post Thanks / Like

In my post above, please note that Diane Weissman's husband passed away last Saturday. I am sure the entire company is grieving with her.

Diane, my condolences to you and your family.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 21st May 2009 at 02:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, recall feeling confused about samples coming from up to three locations. However, in my experience, the order is filled within 24 hours no matter which location holds the fragrance. Thus, the only difference is in transit time. Living in Minnesota, I get samples out of Wisconsin a little sooner.

As I happened to mention in a different thread today, the more I swap samples, the more I see the work required to run a decanting service. Hence, I'm OK with the prices. Plus, I get virtually instant satisfaction--and these esoteric molecular combinations we're so fond of are not otherwise readily available!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    This notice is posted on TPC's home page:

"The Perfumed Court would like to remember one of their own - Lee Weissman - who played an instrumental part in the creation of the Perfumed Court and its website, including designing our logo, business cards, the overall web design & home page flash. Not only was Lee one of The Perfumed Court's biggest supporters, but he was husband of 18 years to Diane Weissman - Co-Owner of The Perfumed Court. Before helping make The Perfumed Court a reality, Lee was a renowned News Editor and Producer, working with newsmen Dan Rather and Ted Koppel. He worked for ABC, CBS, WOR, NBC, Nightline and was an Emmy nominee for his editing while working at Inside Edition as well as award winning news producer also while working for Inside Edition. Lee Weissman passed on May 16, 2009, leaving behind his wife of 18 years and 8-year-old son. He will be remembered for his outstanding Creativity, his acrid sense of humor and his never-ending love and support of his family."
    Quite sad to hear that. I enjoyed his guest reviews and comments on Perfume posse and NST.
    -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    I ordered 5 samples a week ago and within a few days received 2 of them. I shot them an email asking about the others and was told that if I had read the about us page, I would have known they would be coming from possibly 3 different people. WTF??!!!

Last time I order from them straight up. How freakin hard is it to LMK that in the order confirmation. No telling when I'll get the other 3.....and of course, the 3 I'm waiting on are the ones I really wanted to sample.
    Patience is a virtue.

My condolences to Diane and family.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's very sad. It certainly explains why there could be a snag in orders for a brief time.

Post Thanks / Like

Sad news....

On the original question, I believe they advertise the fact that the order may arrive in multiple packages. When I ordered, I remember I knew ahead of time. Besides, isn't it more fun to receive 3 packages, instead of just 1?
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

What is the reasoning behind "cracking down" on decants selling and swapping? Pressure from fragrance houses who might be losing profit or loss of quality control if you buy decants from an unauthorized source? What kind of money do they make or QC do they have if you buy from a discounter anyway? Can houses take legal action against TPC, if so, for what reason? It's not like you're signing a user agreement before buying fragrances like you do with software. Imagine if you had to mail back a letter to the house before you use a fragrance saying you won't decant it!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is "www.theperfumedcourt.com" trustworthy??

Hi everyone, is "Theperfumedcourt.com" trustworthy?? Thus if it is or isn't please do post your
    feedback based on past experiences

Cheers everyone and take care!

- Balava

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Is "www.theperfumedcourt.com" trustworthy??

They're very reliable.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Yes.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Never a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

They are wonderful.

I've had good experience ordering from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Elly View Post
    I've had good experience ordering from them.
    Same here!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes they are.
    Jan Pieter

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nothing but good news.
    Once or twice—and I mean, literally, just 1 or 2 times—I've read that somebody had an order mix-up, but that it was instantly addressed. So that's as good as, if not better than, virtually every other fragrance business. I've met one of the ladies who created TPC and her husband, who accommodated her interest by devoting an addition to their home for her "perfume pantry." He's in the concrete end of the construction business. These are real-life people, not online scammers.

Post Thanks / Like

Expensive but fast and reliable.

Post Thanks / Like

Love them. I buy from them constantly.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Reputable store, perfumistas running it, no problems at all.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Yes, really good service too

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

No problem receiving shipments from them and I'm located the other side of the world.
    It's amazing how 3 ladies in 3 different locations run this outfit as a single unit.

Post Thanks / Like

+1. Nothing but good words for the ladies that run TPC.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, expensive but they are very good

I ordered several vintage samples from them -- pricey but absolutely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by NillaGoon View Post
    Expensive but fast and reliable.
    What he said!

They have pretty much the largest selection available for decants.
    Last edited by wacked; 5th January 2010 at 07:18 PM.

Yes. Very reliable, and they immediately corrected the one problem that I've had. (Two decants leaked in the mail, and they promptly sent two replacement decants, no fussing.)

Post Thanks / Like

I think I had one mix-up on an order, but they got the replacement out quickly once I asked about it.

If you want samples of things that a specific retailer carries, it's cheaper and maybe fairer to go through the retailer. Otherwise, at worst it's still far cheaper than buying a bottle of some obscure or vintage scent only to find you can't wear it.

I got a great decant/sample of Musc Ravageaur quick fast and cheap

Eleanore

I use them a lot. Excellent service.

Yes, they are very good and reliable. Three times I've had orders with mix ups, and all three times the problems were solved in a timely way. They're great to do business with. Follow them on Facebook or Twitter to get specials just for followers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVogue View Post
    Yes, they are very good and reliable. Three times I've had orders with mix ups, and all three times the problems were solved in a timely way.
    As one of the supporters that posted earlier in this thread, I must say that I've now had a second mixup that resulted in several samples not being shipped. As in the first case, they were happy to correct the problem once it was pointed out, but two mixups out of four or five orders seems high.

Their online order management system seems to generate "phantom" shipments for all package deals, so that doesn't help to clarify the situation; in both cases, I waited a week for a nonexistent shipment that was listed in their system before contacting them about missing items. If you look carefully, multiple "shipments" actually have the same tracking number.

I'm beginning to suspect that one of the three is something of a flake.

But, does it really matter? It's not like you have options for most stuff... :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing but good experiences here. I don't know what I'd do without it.

Post Thanks / Like

TPC is a top notch operation.

Another good decanter is ThePoshPeasant.com; I've ordered from this vendor multiple times and never had an order screw up, which is more than I can say of TPC, though I still like TPC. Get on ThePoshPeasant's mailing list, and you'll be notified of upcoming sales. TPP has some scents that TPC doesn't, and vice versa, of course.
    Last edited by VintageVogue; 22nd February 2010 at 05:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes, and excellent, too.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

What's the coupon code for that place?

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Hi DEMON,

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/245...85#post1750685

That's the latest one I think. There may be more here: http://www.basenotes.net/forums/27-D...-Coupon-Boards

Hope this helps, though the more avid customers of TPC may be able to help you out more.
    Last edited by MFJ; 22nd February 2010 at 06:38 PM.

I've had very good experience with the PC; there was a mix-up in my last order and the customer service was top notch; they appear pricey but where else are you going to find such a universe of scent? I've gotten a lot of bang for my buck!

Post Thanks / Like

I've ordered from them 4 or 5 times. A good experience each time.
    After a 1 ml sample that you like, it's convenient to reorder from a selection of larger decants.
    All in all, approximately 3x the price of buying real bottles. You are paying for the convenience of getting more fragrances than you could ever afford in amounts that won't go to waste.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Buyer Beware - The Perfumed Court (dot) Com

I didn't want to have to do this, and I tried convincing myself it wasn't true, but some of the fragrances that are decanted at theperfumedcourt.com tend to have lost their top notes, and sometimes the middle notes altogether.

For example, I have decants of Narciso Rodriguez, Fleur du Male, Angeliques sous la Pluie and Kyoto from TPC, and they all have considerably less top and middle notes than they should. I even tested them out side by side compared to official samples and full bottles.

My Fleur du Male decant from TPC smells solely of orange blossom, jasmine and musk, with absolutely no powdery notes (iris) (or that typical candied opening that you experience when sprayed from the bottle). Furthermore, my decant of Angeliques sous la Pluie from TPC has a massive amount of cedar, and almost only cedar, while my bottle smells more like geranium and angelica, drying down to cedar hours later.

On the other hand, some of their other stock seems to be solid. I guess it's only natural you lose some top notes when decanting a fragrance.

Anyhoo, buyer beware.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Buyer Beware - The Perfumed Court (dot) Com

Hmm, I've heard of people getting shipped the incorrect fragrances, and that any issues were eventually corrected. But, in my personal experience, ordering probably close to or in excess of 100 items from TPC, I've yet to have a problem. Perhaps I'm just not paying close enough attention? I did get my sample of Angeliques sous la Pluie from TPC before purchasing my bottle. There was some differences between the sample an the bottle, mostly the sharpness of the topnotes were more pronounced from my bottle, but nothing that big. I had just assumed that it was the result of the dipstick application vs. spraying.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

its bound to happen
    but the fragrances losing a lot of their edge is not a good thing
    that is really surprising
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Hmm, I've heard of people getting shipped the incorrect fragrances, and that any issues were eventually corrected. But, in my personal experience, ordering probably close to or in excess of 100 items from TPC, I've yet to have a problem. Perhaps I'm just not paying close enough attention? I did get my sample of Angeliques sous la Pluie from TPC before purchasing my bottle. There was some differences between the sample an the bottle, mostly the sharpness of the topnotes were more pronounced from my bottle, but nothing that big. I had just assumed that it was the result of the dipstick application vs. spraying].
    Spraying vs Dabbing makes a big difference - the GIT I received smells so much more vibrant and full when sprayed from a decant bottle as opposed to dabbed from a sample vial.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had a problem with them before. I'm sorry to hear about that, it's not a good thing to hear at all. I do however despise their new bottles... tall and thin, really? It's like a game of dominoes one falls over in the wardrobe and they all go tumbling. I really liked the old solid bottles they used to have.
    Last edited by mrclmind; 1st April 2010 at 02:29 AM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

L'aventurier, perhaps it's better if you ask the ladies at TPC about it and see what explanation they could offer you. I have ordered over a 100 from them. Never a problem. But I agree with certain fragrances dabbing method produces a significantly different development compared to spraying.

Post Thanks / Like

They have always made good whenever there was a problem. I haven't had any problem regarding customer service.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention that I've sampled about 300 fragrances from TPC over the past few years, and the fragrances I mentioned above are the only ones I've noticed have lost their top/middle notes. There could be many others, or no other fragrances that have this problem (hopefully the latter). It's hard after all to double check everything with a full bottle source!

I also want to say that I'm not out to get TPC - I really appreciate their vast selection and how fast they acquire new fragrances as they're released. I'm just stating my experience in hopes that other people don't feel crazy if they experience the same kind of thing. It's not always easy to trust your nose.

In the end, it's mostly all love for TPC (besides the occasionally outrageous price). The customer service (concerning mix-ups and missing items) is pretty good too.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose it is possible that some of the partial bottles TPC received, decant from, or sourced for may be of different formulations and some may even have quality issues. I wonder if there are similar issues with other decanters e.g. Lucky Scent,... I have one gripe over the older rectangular 8ml glass atomisers though - the atomisers don't always work. No problems with the tubular ones though...

Post Thanks / Like

---

After reading about the small number of affected scents compared to the total purchased, I'm not as concerned. Maybe some topnote loss comes with the decanting territory.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 1st April 2010 at 03:23 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L'aventurier View Post
    I forgot to mention that I've sampled about 300 fragrances from TPC over the past few years, and the fragrances I mentioned above are the only ones I've noticed have lost their top/middle notes. There could be many others, or no other fragrances that have this problem (hopefully the latter). It's hard after all to double check everything with a full bottle source!
    So 4 fragrances out of 300...thats a satisfaction rate of 98.67%, hardly a reason to initiate a thread warning others about the service/site. It would be better to just email them and sort it out.
    -

Thanks for the heads up. I have never purchased from them before as I don't purchase decants or samples, only full bottles, but. I will let my friends
    who do purchase from them let them know of this possibility.

I only ever order spray samples anyway so this has never been an issue for me.

I have many sample vials, but if I want to get a proper experience of the scent I pour the vials into mini atomisers you can get off Ebay fairly cheaply to experience the fragrance properly. Dabbing doesn't give the topnotes time to "breathe" the same way that spraying does.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've never had any issues! Although I do remember opening my first package from them. I cut it open with some scissors and I found an opened coffee candy inside. I thought that was pretty damn weird until I realized that I actually cut the top off when I originally cut the package open.

Post Thanks / Like

I've ordered plenty from them. The only one I think they ever got wrong was Himalaya, which smelled nothing like the description.