Code of Conduct
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Default Re: The Perfumed Court

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelee View Post
    Aw man, me to. I ordered a bunch of samples last week on a recommendation from another site (I hadn't found Basenotes yet). Granted, the timezones listed on TPC ARE East Coast time zones and there is a hurricane going on over here right now. But I really hope I don't have a bad experience like some of you all have been having. I didn't spend all that much money (I'll be mad if I lose it though) but I WANT MY SAMPLES!!!!! I haven't gotten past the 1-7 business days they say for processing though, I'll keep you all updated on how it goes.
    I would not count on getting your samples for a long time and not because of the hurricane. After two weeks my order was finally marked completed last Friday. But it was a trick, I just checked tracking on post office website and it said they had only received notice there would be a shipment and they had not received the package. I sent an email early last week asking for a prospective shipping date, no response.

While other here have received professional treatment from PC, I have not. I will not order from them again. Yes they have a great selection but terrible customer service. At least they could respond to my inquiry and give me an honest answer on shipping.

I just checked the post office site and it says 'electronic information received 11/27', but still they have not sent the package. I ordered 10/16.

Good luck Kaelee, I hope your order processes faster than mine. After the long wait for them to get around to shipping my juice I have to wait for it to make its way across the Pacific, but that should be less than 1 week.
    Last edited by Keithmax; 29th October 2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: updated info

Quote Originally Posted by Keithmax View Post
    I would not count on getting your samples for a long time and not because of the hurricane. After two weeks my order was finally marked completed last Friday. But it was a trick, I just checked tracking on post office website and it said they had only received notice there would be a shipment and they had not received the package. I sent an email early last week asking for a prospective shipping date, no response.

While other here have received professional treatment from PC, I have not. I will not order from them again. Yes they have a great selection but terrible customer service. At least they could respond to my inquiry and give me an honest answer on shipping.

I just checked the post office site and it says 'electronic information received 11/27', but still they have not sent the package. I ordered 10/16.
    Yikes! Well, I certainly hope it goes better than that for me. I wish I'd found this site before ordering from them. They came pretty highly recommended (and apparently were, before this yea.)

Yikes! Well, I certainly hope it goes better than that for me. I wish I'd found this site before ordering from them. They came pretty highly recommended (and apparently were, before this yea.)
    I feel the same I need to be more patient and due my due diligence. Good luck!

I feel the same I need to be more patient and due my due diligence. Good luck!
    It is normal for the shipping info to be submitted before they actually take the package to the PO though. A lot of companies do this, they print the label, PO sends you an email and they send an email, etc. THEN they take it to the PO.

No, it's not normal....except for TPC.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    No, it's not normal....except for TPC.
    Almost every online company I've dealt with has tended to do this. At least small companies/individuals (etsy sellers and such.) I'll frequently get a shipping notice that the info has been received by the post office and the next day or the day after it actually gets shipped.

My order still has not been received by the post office and now their website is down for several days while it is updated. This is concerning. Still no response to my last email from 10 days ago.

My order still has not been received by the post office and now their website is down for several days while it is updated. This is concerning. Still no response to my last email from 10 days ago.
    Damn. And there's no way to cancel orders or contact them is there?

Oh well. I'm only out $23 if something happens. Live and learn (what bugs me is that I went to the site on glowing recommendations from other people.)

And yea. A day or even two is normal between shipping label being printed and post office receiving the package (usually only happens with smaller businesses). But it's generally only a day MAYBE two at most, not almost a week.

Progress. The post office site shows they received the package Nov 3. It say it has left the sort facility so I hope it's flying it's way to Seoul now.

Default The Perfumed Court (TPC) - down/gone?

Anybody know what's going on with them. Their site says temporarily closed. I'd made an order almost two weeks ago, have heard nothing, can't check the status, and nobody is returning emails.

Are they gone?, thinking I should cancel. I know they 'can' be slow with shipping, but this is a bit irksome, feel kinda left out in the dark all of a sudden etc...

Default Re: The Perfumed Court (TPC) - down/gone?

I don't think there's a way TOO cancel an order especially with their site down.

I have a feeling you'll get your samples/decants...eventually. I'm in the same boat you are. They were highly recommended at another site and I wasn't aware of the problems with them until I had already ordered.

I used Posh Peasent yesterday, got confirm emails after purchase, got a shipping notice today. Feels like WOW in comparison.

Temporarily Closed
    We are making minor updates to our storefront and will be back soon. Do not worry, we are still processing all of the orders we have already received.
    I'm inclined to believe that I will get my purchases, eventually. The Perfumed Court was never the fastest to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    I'm inclined to believe that I will get my purchases, eventually. The Perfumed Court was never the fastest to begin with.
    Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement. Understatement.

The last time I ordered from them, I got a confirmation email saying they were PROCESSING my order a week after I'd hoped it would arrive at my door. PROCESSING. They hadn't even shipped it yet. Man, was I steamed. Oh, the things we put up with for the sake of being able to sample scents.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

In this day and age where we are used to Amazon levels of service, I find so many people rage when they encounter anything less.
    Caveat emptor and all that. I knew what I was getting into when I ordered, and I'm willing to make allowances for, what I believe to be, a one (wo)man operation. I agree that people do put up with a lot and do a lot on trust just to be able to sample scents or purchase decants from a split.

In this day and age where we are used to Amazon levels of service, I find so many people rage when they encounter anything less.
    Caveat emptor and all that. I knew what I was getting into when I ordered, and I'm willing to make allowances for, what I believe to be, a one (wo)man operation. I agree that people do put up with a lot and do a lot on trust just to be able to sample scents or purchase decants from a split.
    I was just thinking about this today. We used to get a catalog, have to fill out an order form, mail it in, wait for processing and shipping. We took several days to select what we wanted to buy...the whole process took a month sometimes more! lol Now if it doesn't happen instantly, we're upset. Amazing how times have changed...

TPC always has come through for me. I am sure they will be back up soon. I hope so anyway. I was thinking about placing an order ... guess we will wait and see about that!!!

In the past few months so many complaints about TPC on other forums, items taking up to a month to arrive etc. On MUA last week people actually asking if it was because of Sandy???? One had sent an order on the 9th October and still no sign of it.
    DONNA

Temporarily Closed
    We are making minor updates to our storefront and will be back soon. Do not worry, we are still processing all of the orders we have already received.
    Interesting, that is not what the site said before yesterday, just temp. closed due to site renovations, without the 'Don't worry' addage. They must be getting wind the natives are restless.

I don't mind waiting if I 'know' I'm waiting, got skiddish it was maybe something else. Back in the holding pattern.

I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking this. I just hope the owner doesn't get burned out.

I've never had trouble with Perfumed Court and believe those folks are honest and will eventually fill all their orders, even if they do eventually shut down (although there's nothing to indicate that's the case). They have no reason NOT to. But I would also like to put in another plug for Posh Peasant. Terrific service, super fast shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by nomdeplume View Post
    Interesting, that is not what the site said before yesterday, just temp. closed due to site renovations, without the 'Don't worry' addage. They must be getting wind the natives are restless.

I don't mind waiting if I 'know' I'm waiting, got skiddish it was maybe something else. Back in the holding pattern.
    Actually, it's had that "don't worry" message for as long as I've known it's been down. It was definitely there yesterday, unless she removed it and then put it back up there again.

Basenotes Plus

I have no dog in this fight, but after reading so many complaints, and the web is inundated with them about their service or lack thereof.

What amazes me about this whole situation is just how many people continue to give them a break. Let's get real folks, it should not take two to three weeks to fill an order. Maybe the owner is a one women show, but that is no excuse, and do not feel bad for her.

There are 22 million people in this country unemployed or under-employed, and no offense intended to anyone, this job is not rocket science. It shouldn't take longer than several days to get someone up to speed to put some liquid in a bottle, label it and ship it.

What makes TPC so special that people are willing to wait three weeks just for them to mail your order?

If you are that busy, hire the staff necessary to fulfill your orders. Show your customers the same loyalty they are showing you by getting it done.

I own a small business, and know all to well what it can be like when we are overwhelmed with orders, but I will never, ever sacrifice my responsibility to my customers to take care of their orders in a timely manner.

There are other people out there that do the same as TPC, that appears to do a much better job at it, so why continue to show the loyalty, when TPC is not doing the same for you by not taking care of their responsibility in a timely manner.

/Rant
    Last edited by PalmBeach; 8th November 2012 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    I have no dog in this fight, but after reading so many complaints, and the web is inundated with them about their service or lack thereof.

What amazes me about this whole situation is just how many people continue to give them a break. Let's get real folks, it should not take two to three weeks to fill an order. Maybe the owner is a one women show, but that is no excuse, and do not feel bad for her.

There are 22 million people in this country unemployed or under-employed, and no offense intended to anyone, this job is not rocket science. It shouldn't take longer than several days to get someone up to speed to put some liquid in a bottle, label it and ship it.

What makes TPC so special that people are willing to wait three weeks just for them to mail your order?

If you are that busy, hire the staff necessary to fulfill your orders. Show your customers the same loyalty they are showing you by getting it done.

I own a small business, and know all to well what it can be like when we are overwhelmed with orders, but I will never, ever sacrifice my responsibility to my customers to take care of their orders in a timely manner.

There are other people out there that do the same as TPC, that appears to do a much better job at it, so why continue to show the loyalty, when TPC is not doing the same for you by not taking care of their responsibility in a timely manner.

/Rant
    This. If I'd heard the bad and the ugly before I placed my order, I wouldn't have. I probably won't order from TPC again, either. I ordered on the 25th of October and my order still hasn't shipped yet. She does state 1-7 days and another 1-3 beyond that because she's backed up with orders. So that's 2-10 days. It's been longer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    In the past few months so many complaints about TPC on other forums, items taking up to a month to arrive etc. On MUA last week people actually asking if it was because of Sandy???? One had sent an order on the 9th October and still no sign of it.
    Not a good sign.

Default ***** WHERE IS fed malle musc rav and TF tobacco vanille !?!?!?!

Hello all,

I recently ordered sample of Musc Ravageur and TF tobacco Vanille from theperfumecourt and its been 2 weeks and no word from them... HORRIBLE... Will never do business with them..

That being said.. I still need those samples.
    Anyone know the cheapest place where I can get atleast 1.5 ml of both scents? coolold:
    Last edited by socalwoman; 9th November 2012 at 11:47 AM.

Default Re: ***** WHERE IS fed malle musc rav and TF tobacco vanille !?!?!?!

All standard procedure. I'd be surprised to receive orders from TPC in under 3 weeks at the best of times (although I am overseas). When I ordered recently there was a note on the site orders were taking longer than usual to fulfill, so...

It looks like their domain is registered in Pennsylvania, so they may have been affected by the super storm. It's kind of a mess over there right now.

It's the hurricane. I had a split of Creed Pure White on the way that took over two weeks. Also still waiting for my Habit Rouge. We will probably see more of this as the Post Office goes broke.

Banned

&

I think they are having major problems with their website. Here is what they announced on Facebook last Thursday(see below). Maybe everyone at the Court is currently consumed with getting the website back up. But typically it takes 2-3 weeks, and I live in the same state(Georgia). But then again it may just be the post-Hurricane postal service back-up.

"Our storefront will be down for maintenance on Friday{11/2}, Saturday, and Sunday and we will not be taking new orders during this time. We will continue processing the orders we have already received."

The website is still down as of today.

This may or may not have anything to do with order delays, but I can attest that first class mail packages passing through the NY/NJ area have had delays. I had a bottle shipped Priority Mail from Portland that just disappeared from the tracking for 10 days. It took a total of 13 days to arrive in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyronious View Post
    It looks like their domain is registered in Pennsylvania, so they may have been affected by the super storm. It's kind of a mess over there right now.
    I'm in PA, it's not so bad over here (at least in most places). NYC and NJ got hit HARD and are in a lot of places, destroyed. I'm sad to say, if she was in one of those areas there's a good chance her shop no longer exists and all of her precious scents are gone. But in PA I doubt Sandy had too much effect. Many people in my area (myself included) didn't even lose power, although some of my coworkers lost it for a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Just received my shipping confirmation (I placed my order on 10/25, so it's been about 2 weeks.)

I'm REALLY excited to try Fields of Rubus. I can't wait till it gets here!

- - - Updated - - -

Now their website says they're moving office, will be back up Monday and also gives a number to call. I actually wonder if they're trying to fix some of the issues. Here's hoping (and I may just find out if I really like that Fields of Rubus. Decant anyone?)

I have been watching my package works it way through USPS and it looks it should be on it's way to Korea now.

I did place an order with Surrender to Chance and they have been very responsive and have shipped my items already.

I hope TPC is back up and running.

Just received my shipping confirmation (I placed my order on 10/25, so it's been about 2 weeks.)

Now their website says they're moving office, will be back up Monday and also gives a number to call. I actually wonder if they're trying to fix some of the issues.

Same here, just got shipping confirm. If their site had that info from the get-go, all the hella-belloo could've been avoided, even if it was storm related, simple enough to type 'Storm issues, be patient', obvious the storm didn't take down the server etc...still annoyed but happy things are moving.

Quote Originally Posted by nomdeplume View Post
    Same here, just got shipping confirm. If their site had that info from the get-go, all the hella-belloo could've been avoided, even if it was storm related, simple enough to type 'Storm issues, be patient', obvious the storm didn't take down the server etc...still annoyed but happy things are moving.
    Trish McEvoy's site did have "storm issues" and I believe they still have well wishes and a place to donate for people who went through Sandy.

I can't actually track anything with the tracking number they gave me. It says on the USPS site it's not really a tracking number but a confirmation number or something.

EDIT: Nevermind, it must have turned into a tracking number after it got to the P.O.

Yeah my samples arrived.

Awesome!!

- - - Updated - - -

USPS doesn't update their tracking info regularly- it was still saying that my samples hadn't been received by the PO but I received them in my mailbox today.

I'm disappointed that my Fields of Rubus didn't arrive, that was the one I was most looking forward to!!! Diane refunded it though. I think she must have been out of it. I'll have to order it from elsewhere.
    Last edited by Kaelee; 15th November 2012 at 04:47 PM.

Received my samples today. Nice packaging, great little atomizers.

Splash Bottles Suck

I ordered samples the day before yesterday and they shipped today. I think TPC may be finally getting its act together.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingie View Post
    I ordered samples the day before yesterday and they shipped today. I think TPC may be finally getting its act together.
    Let's hope so! My samples arrived very nicely package (obviously with great care). I think maybe it's just hard for a one-woman business to keep up with demand.

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and although I've worn fragrance for a long time, am just now starting to branch out and discover more than just the popular ones.

Anyway, I placed an order with The Perfumed Court about a week ago. I had read some really bad reviews about them and although I had a good experience four years ago, I was worried that this time around wouldn't be so good.

I got the shipping notice just a couple of days after ordering, but since then, it's been nothing but "electronic information received." I understand there was a holiday and weekend (although at least my local PO works a half-day on Saturday), but am getting nervous that I'll be ripped off.

I'm probably just being an anxious ninny and there's nothing to worry about. I had no idea there were other etailers who did decants and would have ordered from them instead. My experience with Lucky Scent was very good, but they didn't have any of the perfumes I wanted to try in stock.

So do you think I'm OK and will eventually receive my samples? It seems like things have gone fairly well for you guys going by the last few posts. I need to read more of this thread though.

Thanks for any advice. I'm loving the forum!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

From everything I've read, you may need to wait longer than you would prefer to wait, but your order should eventually come.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    From everything I've read, you may need to wait longer than you would prefer to wait, but your order should eventually come.
    Thanks - I hope things go relatively smoothly. Next time I think I'll try another place though just to be safe.

From everything I've ever read, nobody has been "ripped off" by TPC. I ordered recently, the day their site returned on-line after a brief hiatus, and got an extremely fast turnaround. There may be times you'll wait a week or two before getting shipping info but hey! If it was easy everyone would be doing it. The last time they kept me waiting for a week before giving me a shipping email I was quite ticked off but I've calmed down now. If you don't get what you paid for, yell, right here, because we will all want to know.

Don't worry!!! You can order from TPC with confidence but don't expect fast service. Your samples will come.

Don't worry. I'm sure you'll get your order from TPC. Mail is slow this time of year. If they've been having some sort of sale, orders are probably piling in and they're filling them as fast as they can. Just be patient.
    Blog: www.perfumenw.blogspot.com
    Website: Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes http://orchidscents.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Elly View Post
    Don't worry. I'm sure you'll get your order from TPC. Mail is slow this time of year. If they've been having some sort of sale, orders are probably piling in and they're filling them as fast as they can. Just be patient.
    Thanks for replying, everyone!

You're right - mail is slow, and if I had known they would be having a sale, I would have tried someplace else instead. My orders in 2008 took a bit of time to get here. It was just surprising to get a shipping notice so quickly, because I had prepared myself for a possible rocky experience, or at the very least a long wait time. So it's a little disappointing that the shipping notice doesn't really mean anything right now.

Anyhow, I hope this is worth it. I almost bought the perfume discovery set from Ormonde Jayne, but decided to just start with a sample of Woman first. That is the one I am most excited to try because it's supposedly unconventional and that really appeals to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the package arrived, but I'm so disappointed with the Ormonde Jayne sample. I should have gotten a bigger size because I can't tell what this fragrance is like on me with just the little bit that's in the vial. It's so odd - I put as good an amount as possible on my pulse points and barely smelled anything, yet applied a tiny amount (very little because I almost never like a Chanel fragrance) of Chanel No. 19 Poudre EDT on my wrists and that lasted an entire day and even was lingering when I woke up the next morning.

So now I'm wondering if I should take a shot and just get the Ormonde Jayne in a full-sized bottle. It certainly smells nice in the vial. I had this happen with Child perfume too. The vial from PC barely lasted on me, yet the full-sized version lasted all day long. *scratches head*

Have you guys experienced this?
    Last edited by TheBaroness; 2nd December 2012 at 06:56 AM.