Code of Conduct

Default New Montale Releases

Hey everyone. Just to let you know, Montale has a few new releases out.

Aoud Flowers
    Golden Aoud
    Rose Mukhallut (Just came out a few days ago and they stated that i will be the first to have it in the US) Lucky me i guess!

I just ordered these from the paris store. Amazing. I have been paying $210 for these Aoud bottles here and they sell them at the store for 95 Euro or roughly $130.

Great service and they take their time to explain all notes in each scent, and recommendations based on what you like.

Default Re: New Montale Releases

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    Hey everyone. Just to let you know, Montale has a few new releases out.

Aoud Flowers
    Golden Aoud
    Rose Mukhallut (Just came out a few days ago and they stated that i will be the first to have it in the US) Lucky me i guess!

I just ordered these from the paris store. Amazing. I have been paying $210 for these Aoud bottles here and they sell them at the store for 95 Euro or roughly $130.

Great service and they take their time to explain all notes in each scent, and recommendations based on what you like.
    They sell ALL bottles for 95 Euro?
    I still have no answer from the Paris store. I wanted to call them on monday, but didn't.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Actually the Aoud bottles are 95 Euro but i believe that the other non Aoud ones are 70 Euro. I only ordered the Aoud ones because i really like them.

What the...$130 for Black aoud sounds good

Golden Sho..sorry Aoud...intriguing name!
    -

Amazing huh. I cant understand the significant price increase over here. I actually called back a day later to check if my order shipped and Pierre montale actually answered the phone himself. He will actually speak to you about the scents and answer questions. That to me was a big plus. Really amazing company.

To be clear, is that the price when you bought the bottles in Paris in person, or is that the price from a phone order to the Paris store?

Amazing huh. I cant understand the significant price increase over here. I actually called back a day later to check if my order shipped and Pierre montale actually answered the phone himself. He will actually speak to you about the scents and answer questions. That to me was a big plus. Really amazing company.
    Wow! What a great perfumer! And secretary!

theperfumeshoppe.com in BC also has Montales alot cheaper than the US - $160 or so for 100ml for the Ouds. The other Montales like Full Jasmin are cheaper.

What's the URL of the Montale France site again? The Swiss one always shows up on google instead.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

This is the price i paid over the phone. I just called them early in the morning my time (Los Angeles) and i spoke to a lady named Heva (Very nice and helpfully by the way). I asked here what were the newest Aoud fragrances out and she stated Golden Aoud, Aoud Flowers and Rose Mukhallut. I gave her my card info and address info and that was it. As i stated, i called back the next day and Pierre Montale actually answered and i asked about my order and i was told it was shipped. I believe it takes about one week to arrive. Should be any day now.

Thanks! Has anyone tried Oud Hoggar Mota?
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

The price of perfumes is insane. Very few of them should cost more than $125 for 100 ml. It won't be long until someone effectively exposes the absurdity of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    The price of perfumes is insane. Very few of them should cost more than $125 for 100 ml. It won't be long until someone effectively exposes the absurdity of it all.
    Absurdity is the name of the game - exposure wouldn't change a thing. When the top 10-20% of wealthy have their income rising very significantly vs the rest of the population as has been happening strongly since the early 90's, and they can afford to buy things at very high prices without feeling any pain, then prices of fine items will gravitate upwards, and more fine items will be produced. If they lose moderate income customers it doesn't matter so long as the wealthier make up the difference.

It's actually preferrable from a seller's point of view to have the fewest customers possible paying the highest prices - less stock to move and track, less employees, less hassle.

Look at all these crazy Jo Malone or Creed candles for 90$ each - such things barely existed 10 years ago.

The rest of us just have to fork out more, or not buy such things.

There's been a similar trend in high end electronics. iPods for example are made to poop out after a year or so, with repair or battery replacement costs that make it not worth doing - so what it the bulk of people can't buy a new one - they're aiming at the top buyers who get bored and literally buy a new device every few months. If you can't afford it, they don't care.

That said, it's not cheap to make high end perfumes with really expensive ingredients. Ouds, Sandalwood, Jasmines, cost and arm and a leg.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Navigating that site is hell !
    -

Indeed! Did you manage to get to the prices/ordering? How? Every time I clicked on a fragrance the window closed!
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Honestly. Dont waste your time. It literally took me five minutes to call, discuss scents and order them.

It won't be long until someone effectively exposes the absurdity of it all.
    Perhaps you?

Anyone else notice that Black Aoud isn't listed on their website anymore? Nor can you get it at the Perfume Shoppe... Is it still in production? Either way, I panicked and bought a bottle from LuckyScent.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Hi Cairomerta,
    Thanks for the great info on purchasing Montale from their Paris store. Please tell what's the shipping cosst and will there be any custom charges?

Quote Originally Posted by _R$_ View Post
    Perhaps you?

Anyone else notice that Black Aoud isn't listed on their website anymore? Nor can you get it at the Perfume Shoppe... Is it still in production? Either way, I panicked and bought a bottle from LuckyScent.
    - Rich
    It's still in production, they're just out of stock. Nazrin at perfumeshoppe said she'll get more sometime in october as it takes a few weeks to produce.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

My first encouner with Montale was not a good one , unfortunately.

Fougere Marine was ok, but it was basically Tommy rebottled.
    Aoud Cuir d'Arabie, Greyland and Wood and Spice, well, ..no comment.
    However , though , I still want to sample some Ouds, because of the raving reviews, especially Black Oud.
    It has to be real good though, will I ever return to this house.

Hey nattygold. Shipping was free and there is no customs charges. I mean you really cant beat that. I believe it is free shipping for orders over 70 euro. I ordered 3 so i was good for free shipping easily.

It won't be long until someone effectively exposes the absurdity of it all.
    Apparently, you did something big, because the prices are down! 50ml of Crystal Flowers is $37! I think I'm gonna buy blind on this one fellas.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

I Love the Montale Ouds & have many of them, what is sad is that the US stores do not set the price of the Montales, Montale does & then undercuts his own distributers here in the US selling them cheaper directly. Don't get me wrong, I love the prices from ordering directy at Montale but it makes it hard for Etailers & brick & mortar stores here in the USA that sell Montale to set a fair price compared to their competition.....the actual perfumeur. Vee Jay complained about this very issue ~ its not the USA store owners jacking up the price because they want to. They simply double the price at which they buy it for ~ The USA stores do not get a great price on the bottles....in other words they do not get the usual 40-50% off the retail price. US stores carrying Montales get them basically for just a hair less than anyone calling directly does. Eventually montales just won't be sold in the USA unless there are enough buyers who are not aware of buying directly from Paris.

Hey GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR. I just found out that Oud Hoggar Mota is now named Steam Aoud. They seem to change the names a lot over there at montale.

Yes they do change names alot & also without telling the customer change formulas on their scents. or maybe its just the raw materials vary in their scent from batch to batch but i have personally smelled three different versions of royal oud & 2 versions of Steam oud.
    Last edited by Buffalo_Gals; 3rd September 2007 at 04:50 PM.

Also. I just called the store in Paris and they stated that Black Aoud is in stock and still in production. I have no idea where the discontinuation news started but it is not true.

Hey GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR. I just found out that Oud Hoggar Mota is now named Steam Aoud. They seem to change the names a lot over there at montale.
    Who told you that? The website has both of those listed as separate items!
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

I called the paris store and asked about it and she mentioned it is now called steam Aoud. I recommend everyone not really pay any attention to those montale sites as they are of no serious value. Really poorly done.

Now this is something my wife would like. Thanks for the info.