Code of Conduct

Default Ja´pur Homme EdP Question

I'm getting ready to put up a bottle of Ja´pur Homme EdP onto my swap list. It's in the cool Art Deco shaped aluminum/goldtone bottle. Question: is this called the Concorde bottle? I thought I heard or read that once somewhere, but want to be sure before I list this frag for swap or for sale. I think it (the bottle) was/is some sort of special edition, but can't be sure -- am looking for confirmation here.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Default Re: Ja´pur Homme EdP Question

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    I'm getting ready to put up a bottle of Ja´pur Homme EdP onto my swap list. It's in the cool Art Deco shaped aluminum/goldtone bottle. Question: is this called the Concorde bottle? I thought I heard or read that once somewhere, but want to be sure before I list this frag for swap or for sale. I think it (the bottle) was/is some sort of special edition, but can't be sure -- am looking for confirmation here.

I have one *pending sale* that looks just like that - it was actually part of a gift set I bought. one metal canister is the EdP, the other is the other is the AS Balm. Not sure if it was sold other ways or not

The Concorde Bottle has a picture of the airplane named Concorde and is refillable. They are indeed separate bottles.

edit: it is more likely an embossing of the aircraft rather than a picture, I only have a slight recollection of the way it looks
    Last edited by zr0e; 31st August 2007 at 05:11 PM.

I have the EDP and when I was researching it to buy it, it appeared that this version is simply listed as the "refillable" version. I don't know if the edt comes in a refillable version, but either way, I've never heard of it referred to as concorde. That's just me, though.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

That's mine -- maybe not the "Concorde" then, no -- it's just re-fillable. Really cool Deco shape and faux sapphire cabochon lid, just like the one pictured in your wardrobe pic. I love the bottle (and the scent) but am swapping as others around me claim that it's just too much for them. Guess it's the heliotrope.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]