Code of Conduct

Question a question for creed veterans

this year for being such a good customer my creed supplier said i can buy any 75ml tester bottles for £35 , so hence
    i have been given the opportunity to purchase these 5 creeds , but as yet i have not had the chance to try them , the ones that i am relly interested in trying is the
    santal imperial and orange spice
    would you guys highly reccomend these from your experiences for me to buy blind as i cant seem to find any small testers of these around.
    im yet to find a creed i dislike but i always like to find out as much as possible before buying in the dark
    thanks in advance!

Citrus Bigarrade
    Royal Scottish Lavender
    Orange Spice
    Santal Imperial (not original santal)
    Bois De Cedrat

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: a question for creed veterans

Quote Originally Posted by s130178 View Post
    this year for being such a good customer my creed supplier said i can buy any 75ml tester bottles for £35 , so hence
    i have been given the opportunity to purchase these 5 creeds , but as yet i have not had the chance to try them , the ones that i am relly interested in trying is the
    santal imperial and orange spice
    would you guys highly reccomend these from your experiences for me to buy blind as i cant seem to find any small testers of these around.
    im yet to find a creed i dislike but i always like to find out as much as possible before buying in the dark
    thanks in advance!

Citrus Bigarrade
    Royal Scottish Lavender
    Orange Spice
    Santal Imperial (not original santal)
    Bois De Cedrat
    Of these, I would say the Santal Impérial is the finest, but it doesn't have a great longevity. Citrus Bigarrade does have good lasting power, but it is very citrusy. If you like that, it's a very good choice. Bois de Cédrat is quite elegant, but also tends to fade quickly and stay close to the skin. I don't know Orange Spice well enough to comment on it. My personal choice would be the Royal Scottish Lavender. It's quite an old scent in the line; of the ones you mention, only Santal Impérial is older. The Lavender is a real classic, a green lavender sweetened with a little orange blossom and the usual beautiful sandalwood and ambergris base. You could do a lot worse (unless, of course, you really like big citrus scents)!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Of those I've only tried Citrus Bigarrade, but contrary to Jaime I found it has the shortest longevity of any fragrance I've ever tried, including Orange Verte! It is very nice - tart vitamin C type citrus with some cereal type notes underneath. Quite nice.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Post Thanks / Like

These are not Millésime Creeds. These are Eaux de Toilettes Creeds and bit cheaper (just for the information). I tried Orange Spice (Kouros is a bit like that), Zeste Mandarin P. (very citrus-fresh) and my favorite is Vetiver 1948 (wonderful scent).

Post Thanks / Like

Orange Spice was the last Creed I acquired and it's one of my favorites. It is similar to Kouros, but it doesn't have the offensive elements that Kouros does. I bought it blind by the way...

Best regards,
    Mike

I have to disagree with the Royal Scottish Lavender recommendation: I get a real doggy poo drydown off it after about 10mins, but then I do have an odd nose! I think Vetiver 48 and Orange Spice are the best in the list, followed by the 2 citruses.
    Last edited by alpine; 1st September 2007 at 03:40 PM.