Code of Conduct

Default Azzaro Chrome Legend...

Any information on this new Azzaro fragrance to be launched in the US?

Notes? Anyone Smell It Yet???

Default Re: Azzaro Chrome Legend...

Our buddies at NowSmellThis reported a while back that Chrome Legend's notes include tea, green apple, bitter orange, musk, moss, sea spray, cedar, vetiver, amber and tonka bean. The perfumers for the juice are Christophe Reynaud (creator of Yves Rocher Nature Millenaire Pour Homme) and Olivier Pescheux (of Lanvin Arpege Pour Homme and Dior Higher fame).

Being the Chrome fan I am (it's one of the better mainstream scents out there), I'm looking forward to sniffing this one. But I'm also prepared to be disappointed.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Blog Entries

I briefly smelled this @ Dillards the other day. I didn't like it, but I can't really pinpoint what it was that I didn't like. Being a fan of the original, I was pretty disappointed.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I wonder if anybody smelled Jetlag and Now that were supposed to be sold in the airports at least in Europe. Can somebody share your opinions. Maybe either of them is the same as this Chrome Legend just marketed under different name in the US?

I have Now, and I don't believe they are the same. Now smells greener. I'm still sticking with my first assessment of Legend and will say it smells closest to Onyx with a little bit of Chrome thrown in (but not much). It's so funny how one scent can smell so differently to different people.

I understand this is at Lord & Taylor but I wonder if Macy's is going to get soon?

Wink Re: Azzaro Chrome Legend...

I went to Dillards today and saw the new chrome! Asked the rep for a spritz and I was amazed, that it had some spiciness to it unlike the original. Also it had characteristic of sliver black or onyx! First of all there will be no problem with longevity with this fragrance and you will stand out because it not your typical freshness fragrance like the dolce homme for men, armani acqua di gio... i bought it...

I tested this yesterday and thought it was pretty nice and decent longevity as well. I have never worn Chrome, but this one (Legend) has some merit. Nice packaging and bottle as well.

Can I ask where you guys are testing this?

Exclamation Re: Azzaro Chrome Legend...

I tested it at dillards...I'm located in arizona! It really good but the downside is that its a mainstream fragrance. I rather azzaro kept this one as a sleeper as he did with azzaro now, but o well..I just called the my local departments, macys had it and dillards..sephora should get it next week hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Boal View Post
    I wonder if anybody smelled Jetlag and Now that were supposed to be sold in the airports at least in Europe. Can somebody share your opinions. Maybe either of them is the same as this Chrome Legend just marketed under different name in the US?
    I haven't smelled Legend or Jetlag, but Now I have sampled and it reminds me of ESCADA Casual Friday, but not as well organized. The notes seem to clash just a tad.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Tried it, and was pleasantly surprised. I think it's closer to Onyx than Chrome, but it comes off as being pretty nice. Nothing standout, but certainly not bad.

I've got to start keeping a list.

How does the manufacturer come by "Sea Spray"? Which sea? What sort of weather conditions? Where on the sea? I know a lot of these ingredients are cute sounding, but I feel like I'm getting my leg pulled, like when I was a very young apprentice and someone asked me straight faced to go up stairs and ask so and so for a bucket of steam.

Well, based on magazine scents strips, my wife preferred the Azzaro Legend Chrome over the new Calvin Klein Man. She said the CK had a "harsh" smell. That is a term she often uses to describe scents like Gio and Issey.

The Legend smells like a "beefed-up" version of Chrome. It's like blending Mugler Cologne with Chrome and amping it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    The Legend smells like a "beefed-up" version of Chrome. It's like blending Mugler Cologne with Chrome and amping it up.
    Well, I guess that might me more than a coincidence, because Clarins owns both Azzaro and Thierry Mugler. Still, if you say that there's a bit of Mugler Cologne in Chrome Legend, I'd better sniff it soon.

UPDATE: I ran into a Clarins Fragrance Group rep today at Von Maur... although the store didn't have any, she totally agreed with the "Chrome + Mugler Cologne" reference you made.
    Last edited by MFfan310; 12th September 2007 at 07:00 PM.

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Okay I recieved a sample of Azzaro Chrome Ledgend in my Macy's book.

The scent and I will repeat the scent smell just like my beloved Marc Jacobs for men minus the hiddious fig note.

I don't know about this Mugler Cologne crap the Clarins rep is trying to sell you but this is pure Marc Jacobs for men.

Scentimus,

Bear in mind that I smelled it from a scent strip, so I may be way off. But then again, I smelled what I smelled...I'll sniff it again and see what I pick up...I'll try to do a skin test this weekend.

Bottom line...from the strips I was not that impressed with Legend or CK Man.

To each his own!
    --------------------------------------
    I smelled the scent strip for Legend again last night.

I could not smell Marc Jacobs. I also did not get the Mugler Cologne note I had detected earlier.

However, I kept recalling a certain Creed scent while I sniffed it. Then it hit me...Creed Green Valley. I don't know if it smells the same on skin.
    Last edited by ChuckW; 14th September 2007 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I sampled it today at Macys and I'm with Scentimus on this one. The First thing I smelled was ... Marc Jacobs without that hidious fig note ( like they replaced it with an apple note ). I didn't find any similarity to the original Chrome and there was some trace of Onyx in it. All in all, it's a nice woody-aquatic suitable for all around use.

Tried Chrome Legend at Von Maur today... talk about sleeper designer release of the year!

I didn't get any of Chrome out of it, nor did I get Marc Jacobs. It has this "fresh, but different" vibe... sort of like smelling fresh air with sparkling fruits. The drydown is different, too, with a woody feel and a slight anise kick. Cool bottle, too.

Overall, I think that Azzaro and Clarins hit the mark precisely with Chrome Legend. It's the right scent for the masses right now, as it's a different kind of freshness that people actually have wanted to experience. Oh, and I have a strong feeling that Clarins stock will go up due to "strong sales of Chrome Legend"...
    Last edited by MFfan310; 21st September 2007 at 01:26 AM.