Code of Conduct

Default Usher fragrance is pure teen crap!

The Liz Claiborne rep is back at my local Macys trying to push this new scent they created for Usher.

To me the bottle is cheep and so is the scent a now exciting citrus and wood scent that stay way too close to the skin.

This is really geared to the young back to school crowd

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Usher fragrance is pure teen crap!

I agree. Crap.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't smelled it... but the way you put it, I think that Usher He is probably aimed at those who have just "graduated" from Axe and Tag and want to get into the eau de toilettes.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

I agree..this would be the fragrance of choice for an "usher" working your local movie theatre.

I'm tossing my sample in le garbage.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I'm really sick of the celeb scent craze.....Boring, Boring, Boring.....Gary

After being manhandled by the rep...Ahahahahahaha in Macys a few weeks ago...I reluctantly allowed myself to be spritzed. By the time I reached the second floor...Ah....bye bye..it had almost vanished....maybe it was mixed with water in that bottle....you think???

Fragrance On,

Otto
    Last edited by Otto; 30th October 2007 at 10:00 PM.

crap indeed.

I kind of like it actually. Smells alot like Himalaya to me. I guess Himalaya is teen crap too though right? Ahh..marketing and image...it is amazing huh?

I am not gonna defend Usher He, I don't think it is great, but I sense a pack mentality here...it is easy to pile on a Celebrity release from a rapper right? Oh well...get back to it...

Post Thanks / Like

himalaya might smell like crap...if it smells like usher...he he. I tried it out of curiosity and just was totally bored and not because of who its by....i will be the first to defend frags like santana and true star and unforgivable as not all that bad, but this stuff is mindless teen drivel like graphite or curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post

I am not gonna defend Usher He, I don't think it is great, but I sense a pack mentality here...it is easy to pile on a Celebrity release from a rapper right?
    And it's easy too to dismiss our opinions as just "pack mentality"...right?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Thrax

I like it, and I want a bottle. Seriously, I'll defend it. Love the bottle as well. Even crap like Jicky has fans dosent it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    I kind of like it actually. Smells a lot like Himalaya to me.
    I get a Creed connection, too. I think it's trying to cash in on that greasy melon note that was also borrowed from Creed's Millesime by Unforgivable.

Usher did it his way. Yeah.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Usher himself is pure teen crap.......I can't wait for a Gary Coleman cologne to come out.........j/k :-)

Everyone is copying Creed........

On an unrelated matter I am coming up with a new fragrance called "Silver Imperial Tweed Water" that will be sold at Walmart....It will be Unisex and can also be used on dogs and cats.....and as an insect repellent........
    Last edited by Maz24; 31st October 2007 at 07:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

My first guess when I saw Usher's fragrance was that he was trying to capitalize
    on Unforgivable's popularity. Heh, if Puffy can do it, why can't he?

Perhaps this assumption clouded my sense of smell, but Usher's frag was
    quite similar to Unforgiveable. Don't think it will sell big, though. Sean John already
    had a clothing line before the fragrance came along. This must have helped some in
    selling the fragrance. Usher has no clothing line [or does he?].

Well, you have to hand it to Puffy: If you're going to copy a fragrance and put
    your name on it, Creed's MI is a great one to rip off.
    Last edited by trumpet_guy; 31st October 2007 at 08:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I also believe that this is just Usher doing to Himalaya what Puffy did to MI, although Puffy did it much better.

The Usher scent went straight to a type of musk that deserves to get washed off.

Thanks for the sample,though, Jock with Scents!

I enjoy evaluating them even when I don't like them! (i.e. Beyond Paradise smells like a flaming Ziplock bag full of girly-drink vomit.)
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    Usher himself is pure teen crap.......I can't wait for a Gary Coleman cologne to come out.........j/k :-)

Everyone is copying Creed........

On an unrelated matter I am coming up with a new fragrance called "Silver Imperial Tweed Water" that will be sold at Walmart....It will be Unisex and can also be used on dogs and cats.....and as an insect repellent........

Let me just say that I have not smelled the new Usher yet.

No offense to Creed fans at all, but, copying in such arenas like the fragrance industry is not always a bad thing. There are people who preferred the synthetic copy rather than the original pending on various reasons. I am sure there is a scent that Creed even "ripped" off somewhere. Nothing is untouchable in the fragrance industry.

Quote Originally Posted by silk4ever View Post
    Let me just say that I have not smelled the new Usher yet.

No offense to Creed fans at all, but, copying in such arenas like the fragrance industry is not always a bad thing. There are people who preferred the synthetic copy rather than the original pending on various reasons. I am sure there is a scent that Creed even "ripped" off somewhere. Nothing is untouchable in the fragrance industry.
    Wait til you try my new fragrance.....who would have thought insect repellent could smell so good.....me!

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot agree more. I got a whiff of this horrid frag a couple days ago and about vomited. However, and I doubt many like this frag because well, I like just love it -I experienced Michel Germain Sexual Pour Homme, and holy cow, I love it, just don't like the name ; "Sexual??" come on. I know this is off topic and for that I apologize, just thought I would toss that out there.
    Join The Revolution. Howard 100 & Howard 101. Sirius Satellite Radio. No More BS!

Post Thanks / Like

I smelled it a couple days ago.

While I don't feel it smelled like crap, but it wasn't very good and very derivitive.

Actually it is very much like a way less interesting version of Hugh Parsons 99 Regent Street.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Post Thanks / Like

We replace "uncreative" with "crap" around here a lot. I don't think this is really intentional...it's just our mindset. There aren't a lot of scents that I really think are "crap," and I really doubt that this one would qualify, although I haven't smelled it yet. It probably smells very nice, actually, but that doesn't mean I'd get it. Just my thoughts.

On a somewhat related note, I kind of like Usher's music sometimes when I really don't feel like concentrating on what I'm hearing. You just sort of sit back and let it slide over you. Then I snap out of it and turn up the Radiohead. Ohhhh I wonder what a Thom Yorke scent would smell like!?
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 1st November 2007 at 10:48 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Ohhhh I wonder what a Thom Yorke scent would smell like!?
    I can't help but think that one of the notes would be Lazy Iris...