Code of Conduct

Default Saks Fifth Avenue for Him?

Hs this been released yet and has anybody sniffed it yet? I thought I read in one of the posts that somebody was going to try it out today. Please report back.

Default Re: Saks Fifth Avenue for Him?

i tested it a few weeks ago. It is nothing to write home about in the least bit. Very disappointing.

I tested it yesterday and actually quite liked it. The opening was so so but the dry down was fantastic. The SA let me greedily fill up a big atomizer with it so I'll get a couple full wears with it. The women's was also very good... didn't get a sample of that though.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I tried these several weeks ago, the Saks fragrances, and was really disappointed by them both - but mainly by For Him which I thought was really drab and dull and I thought I was smelling an Armani fragrance or something by Hugo Boss. Let us remember as we smell this fragrance that it costs $180. Worth it? I think not. Oh, the fragrance may be "nice" and the drydown may be "lovely" but would you pay $180 for it? I would pay $180 for something that was (godforbid) unique, new, and different. Instead, For Him does not capture the Saks 5th Avenue vision whatsoever. I think Saks is anything but conventional and that is exactly what For Him is - another fragrance convention that smells like all of the other crap on the market.

I can't fairly judge For Her as I really can't stand Gardenia, but I will tell you that I can at least appreciate Gardenia fragrances but For Her was an immediate scrubber.

The Andy Warhol fragrance is really quite fabulous, Incense Lovers will swoon and fall hard, I'm sure of it.
    "To be irreplaceable, one must always be different!" - Coco Chanel

visit: WWW.SNIFFAPALOOZAMAGAZINE.COM

Any more reviews?

Regards,
    -Tero-

Hello Tero,

I purchased a bottle of this when on holiday in December, and while it is a nice unoffensive fragrance, the let down is the lastability.

Unless I spray it on my skin very heavily it is hardly noticable after an hour or so. Spending all that money on it seems to be a waste for me (it was a split choice decision between Saks and Riverside Drive, RD would have been much better!), although combining it with Coney Island really add a deeper and more sensual feeling to CI, which was of course the dominant fragrance that time.

I definately recommend checking it out if you can pass a SAKs store, but you should definately try it before you buy.

I agree with LeeScot about the longevity, or what seems like poor longevity. I thought I was going to have to pass it aside as too short lasting, but on a later wearing I changed my mind. If you wear it solely chest/torso under your shirt, you'll find it much more pleasant. It emanates for hours that way... it's very much a fragrance susceptible to olfactory fatigue, so wearing it under your clothes keeps it from being constantly in your face, in effect making it seem to last longer. It's getting close to being on my wish list
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I tried a couple weeks ago and thought it was pretty good I wasn't swayed to buy it due to the high price tag, but I think it is one of the better one's from the Bond line. Definately worth looking in to.

Basenotes Institution

The bergamot combined with the aquatic top notes = boring, to my nose. I didnt' like it at all.

Thx for the opinion guys!

I read a review of this scent on another site and the reviewer compared it to Cool Water - any similarities between these scents? To Creed's GIT?

Regards,
    -Tero-

I did not try it, but can't justify spending $180 on anything "inoffensive" as it is being described here. I think this is recent trend to bottle anything in a $150 package and make it exclusive to SAKs, or some other high-end store. I understand the point of the companies but don't understand the point of supporting that.

Talking Re: Saks Fifth Avenue for Him?

i received Saks for Him for Christmas and i absolutely love it mainly because it lasts really long and bergamot really works well on my skin-

I'll stick to the cheaper alternative: TJ Maxx for Him.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by GGA View Post
    Thx for the opinion guys!

I read a review of this scent on another site and the reviewer compared it to Cool Water - any similarities between these scents? To Creed's GIT?

Regards,
    -Tero-
    I don't really smell Cool Water or GIT... maybe the top notes slightly. It dries down to something that smells like black licorice to me - I dunno, I just get that impression. Nothing great. Nothing too original. Pass.

I've tested this a few times and like this alot. No, it's not ground breaking, but this smells very nice. It does smell common if You know what I mean. Nice and pleasant at the same time and yet it still has staying power.
    Gary

Pure garbage. Bleeker Street is an anomly for this house being that for me, in my opinion, is the only bottle worthy fragrance.