Code of Conduct

Arrow Feeling man v/s Calvin (original) v/s Sung homme

I stumbled upon my bottle of Calvin by Calvin Klein today when i was trying to put my summer scents ahead of my winter fragrances.

One spritz on my wrist....and i just knew it that this smell was familiar...Tried hard to think....then realized it was....Feeling Man by JiL Sander........

One spritz of Feeling Man on the other wrist....waited for a few minutes...and.....BINGO.....I was spot on.....Feeling Man smells exactly like Calvin except that its sweeter....

I had a feeling that even Sung homme by Alfred sung had a very very similar dry down...I reached out for my Sung homme bottle....and ofcourse.....

One spritz of Sung homme.....not on my wrist ofcourse...but on my inner elbow......waited for it to settle down....and behold.....I was right.......this thing smelled extremely similar to Calvin & Feeling Man....Sung homme is slightly sharper than the other two though.....

I was looking for some more evidence to really believe that i was not wrong as i didn't really believe that my nose could do such a good job...Where else could i go to corroborate my discovery.....
    Basenotes here i come.....

Couldn't find the scent pyramid of Feeling Man

but the basenotes of Sung homme & Calvin were identical.....

CALVIN pyramid

Top Notes
    Middle Notes
    Base Notes
    SUNG Homme pyramid

Top Notes
    Middle Notes
    Base Notes
    The top and the middle notes are not really common but the base notes are identical with the addition of Oakmoss and Cedarwood in Sung Homme. These probably give it that extra sharpness.

It would be great if any of you could post the scent pyramid of FEELING MAN.

Calvin is a discontinued fragrance which was not really freely available but i just checked on ebay that its selling in abundance at an extremely cheap price for a discontinued classic.

Feeling Man ofcourse is harder to find and is surely much more expensive to acquire. Bottles go up to around 120$ for a 3.4oz size.

Sung Homme is freely available in plethora for less than 20$.

Strange isn't it that they are so alike and their pricing is so different.

IMO it would take an experienced nose to really pin point what one is wearing out of the three.

gupts

Default Re: Feeling man v/s Calvin (original) v/s Sung homme

You say that eBay has bottles of Calvin for Men in abundance, and that they're cheap there. Tain't so, McGee, tain't so. If you'd looked a little closer, you'd have seen that the bottles on eBay are TINY, and that -- with shipping -- they're not cheap, either. There's only one "real size" bottle on eBay right now, and it's $99.99 for a 3.4 oz bottle. Some places online have it for under $100.00, yes, but not very freakin' many. Sorry to burst your bubble, but cheap it ain't.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    You say that eBay has bottles of Calvin for Men in abundance, and that they're cheap there. Tain't so, McGee, tain't so. If you'd looked a little closer, you'd have seen that the bottles on eBay are TINY, and that -- with shipping -- they're not cheap, either. There's only one "real size" bottle on eBay right now, and it's $99.99 for a 3.4 oz bottle. Some places online have it for under $100.00, yes, but not very freakin' many. Sorry to burst your bubble, but cheap it ain't.
    Mate look carefully.....Hidden between those mini bottles are big 3.4oz bottles going for 32.95$ buy it now....

here is the link of 6 such bottles...

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Fashio...conQ2aQQsofpZ0

So it isn't a bubble after all is it? Besides i am not keen on buying them even if they are dirt cheap coz i got 2 already.....

gupts

Basenotes Institution

Calvin is actually, my favorite Calvin Klen scent ever. It smells so good on men. I wore this a lot in high school.

I have not smelled Feeling Man or Sung Homme, but I'll give them a sniff next time I'm at Perfumania, or somplace like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Calvin is actually, my favorite Calvin Klen scent ever. It smells so good on men. I wore this a lot in high school.
    Mine, too, although I'm a bit older and wore this in college when it first came out. IMO, this is the only CK scent worthy of skin time. Obsession is a creative scent, but I never believed the quality of ingredients was commensurate.

BTW, I wear Sung Homme and don't get the similarity. Sung Homme and the CK are both lavender heavy, but the Sung is very spicy, the CK more herbal.

I wish I found Sung Homme similar to Calvin, since the latter is one of my all-time favorites and is now hard to find. But, sadly,

my Calvin's fragrance is nothing like the Sung...

(I exaggerate the difference for the sake of a Shakespearean reference -- but really, Sung homme lacks the Neroli that dominates Calvin's top and heart, and it doesn't dry down with the same round soapiness, either...)
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Calvin always reminded of being an updated american version of the classic Azzaro Pour Homme.

Calvin is not as sharp as Azzaro but to my nose they are both offsprings.