Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3x3 Blind Sniff; Round 2 "Mean'n'Green"

Now that the identities of samples A, B and C for Round One are revealed, our Round Two sniffers -- Sudsy, smelly dolly and purplebird7 -- can start .... sniffing and post their impressions about the samples in "Mean'n'Green" category. The rest of the community is cordially invited to participate as well, making their guesses as well as posting their questions/hints about the fragrances so that we all can figure out WHAT is inside the vials.

Good luck and stay in good spirits!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 3x3 Blind Sniff; Round 2 "Mean'n'Green"

Mean N'Green - time to slip into a more appropriate avatar!! :brolly:
    --------------------------------------
    Okkkkk... now that I'm in comfortable attire ... I will start my thoughts on "A" scent.
    (Some of these thoughts are from about a week or so ago, and some are current.)

- The juice is watery not oily, and out of the 3, is the only one that actually is green. A very pale minty coloured green.
    The juice colour is very similar to the juice in my vial of Roseberry de Rosine, but not as dark as the juice in my DH's bottle of Guerlain Vetiver.
    The juice in "A" doesn't smell like either of those scents.

- In the bottle (vial) it smells a sweet green but not overly sweet.

- First application to my inner arm gives a mini blast of delicate tangy lime, perhaps a little vetiver. It's a little soapy, a bit tea scented. There is a distinct scent that reminds me of something, but I just can't put my finger on it.

- I like it, it's fresh & clean smelling.

- DH just put some of "A" on. The whole office smells lovely! Citrusy; limey on a Limey!!
    To my nose it smells more male oriented than female. I'd buy it; for HIM!
    Last edited by Sudsy; 4th September 2007 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not, I get the same set of notes from sample A, including tea!

Herbal?
    Optimistic or sad?
    Leaves? Stems?
    Flowers?

Post Thanks / Like

I first applied "A" at 11 a.m.

At 11:15 a.m. it seemed more soapy than the initial scent implied.

12:45 p.m. the scent on my arms was fading a bit but the scent I'd applied to my upper chest was still pungent & starting to give me a scratchy throat.
    What this tells me is that I would have to wear this scent from afar.
    This has happened to me with a few other 'fumes. I specifically remember FLOWERBOMB & Chanel's ALLURE doing this to me.
    What ingredient specific to all three of these frags is giving me this reaction

4:30 p.m. and "A" is still with me on my chest and I'm toughing it out for science sake. LOL! Not really that bad, but I wouldn't put it there again.
    The longer I have it on, the more I get the limey greeny smell, the tea, soap, etc. is all gone.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

Woah sudsy, interesting...though I am even more a flop with green scents than I am with white florals .
    Looking forward to other impressions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Post Thanks / Like

There was one other thing I wanted to do on this thread just to show you all the work & planning our Wolfie goes to for our enjoyment.

The darling little SCENT bag that my Mean N'Greens came in:

I just love it Mlle Twolf!!

Post Thanks / Like

That is SO great - thanks to YOU Suds for taking the time to shoot and share....we really have got to erect some sort of statue for Wolfie. She is the BEST.

Meantime - I haven't a clue as to what you're wearing but it sure sounds interesting!! Was gonna check the notes for FlowerBomb and Allure and then got lazy(ier).....

THEN I started to think and went scampering upstairs to check my Royall Lyme....which is Bay Rhum (and great too) but I'm thinking they also do a Lyme......
    Last edited by TaoLady; 4th September 2007 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Inspiration...
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Post Thanks / Like

You may be on to something Tao!
    Wish some of the guys would help us out too.
    Wasn't rentboy going to order some of the ROYALL collection?
    Seems to me he was talking about it on the EM board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
    Wasn't rentboy going to order some of the ROYALL collection?
    Seems to me he was talking about it on the EM board.
    He was - that's how come I got the Bay Rhum. Le's's hound him!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Post Thanks / Like

Careful with that gun ... we don't want to hurt him, just get info out of him!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is terrible: Over the Labor Day holiday, we unplugged the computer and pulled the carpet out of the computer room to tile the floor. I plugged it back in this morning, and the hard drive promptly crashed.

I am at my son's school, in the library, on the computer.
    Fortunately, I printed my analysis on hard copy.
    I am typing it into this computer.

Sample A: Pretty, pale emerald color
    Sample B: Pale pink-yellow
    Sample C: Pale green-yellow
    No oils. All low viscosity.

O.K. I thought this was going to be easier, but there are no "gimmies" here.
    I would recognize some green perfumes: No. 19, Private Collection, Aliage, Chamade, AA Mentafollia, maybe even Virgilio. I go through my mental list of "nots" as in "not this, and not that," and I come up short on names, because I have limited experience with green fragrances.

A has fruity topnotes. Apple? Sweet but sharp. Pepper? Herbs? I don't believe I have smelled this fragrance before. Any floral note eludes me. Lotus, maybe? Green tea? I'm guessing that this is a newer fragrance. Smells clean, wet, spare, Zenlike. I bet this is a modern, niche fragrance. In the end, the fruitiness exits completely, leaving the peppery green note. This is not something that you would normally find in my collection. I am at first tempted to guess Bulgare The Vert because it is minimalist, but this sample lacks those jasmine plus lemon notes, so I dismiss my first guess. Side-by-side comparison with Miller Et Bertaux Green, Green, and Green reveals similarities but fails to be an exact match--Sample A is even less sweet. Based on the pretty blue-green color and the unusual, sharp, possibly herbal notes, I will guess Nanadebery Green, which I have never smelled. This fails to account for the "apple" opening, but maybe it is supposed to be their idea of basil. It does not smell natural to me.

B is woody, floral, rich, sweet. Spices are in this one. Leafy topnotes. Linden? Cilantro? Very pretty. Emerging floral now. Jasmine? Orange blossom? Strong spiciness. Clove? Coriander? Base finally opens up, and it is woody. This perfume is gorgeous. This fragrance smells particularly good on me, so I bet there is patchouli and/or sandalwood in it. This formula smells like it comes from a bigger house with money and staff for research and development. It seems to be too sophisticated to be mainstream. I'm going to make a guess based on the spiciness alone. Although I have never smelled it before, is it Coriandre? Lovely fragrance altogether--my favorite of the bunch.

C is lemon, orange, and amber--citrus and sweetness at first. Vintage feel. Contrasting but integrated notes. I am tempted to call this a chypre. As the citrus fades, a flower becomes more pronounced. Hyacinth? Honeysuckle? This fragrance makes me look for Chamade, but it lacks the sweet powderiness. It is drier. Vetiver? Dispite the sweet citrus beginning, it ends up unsweet and extremely herbal. Rosemary? Based on that charactertistic and the nostalgic feeling, I'm going to guess O de Lancome, which technically makes it a department store fragrance. However, it does not imply that this is mundane. This fragrance is a departure from the usual offerings, which is why I think it is an old formula. If it is a new perfume, it certainly is retro.

Now, dear people, I bid you adieu.
    I have to come back tomorrow and check your response, Twolf.
    And I cannot keep using this computer daily.
    Please excuse me for not being able to communicate properly.

I have bought four computers for a total of $11,000 in my lifetime.
    Here I am, loath to buy another one when they cost $3,000 and last five or six years. With monthly Internet fees, the cost comes to $1,100 per year for the privilege of owning one.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! All three sniffers in "Mean'n'Green" round got the same packaging for their smellies -- a little linen bag with herbal print and the name of the round stitched on it, and a plastic sprig of rosemary attached to the draw string. Thanks for going through the trouble of posting it here, Suds.

The name of the scent/house have not been mentioned yet. Leave rentboy be please, there are more limes and tea and no rum in it, neither was any of the Royall line of fragrances used for Round 2. Might the scratch have been caused by cheap ingredients, esp. alcohol?

__________________________________________________ ____________

The response above was posted before I saw purplebird7's post. Sorry darling and thank you for going through the trouble and posting your impressions outside of the comfort of your own PC! I appreciate it very very much!

Of course all of your descriptions are accurate! To crown it all, you got the identity of O de Lancome figured out -- it is an older version, a bottle comes from my southren friend (again, from the South of Norway, that is!). So, C was a department store chypre, Lancome O (with the roof "crown" over it).
    Last edited by Twolf; 4th September 2007 at 04:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

CONGRATULATIONS to PURPLEBIRD7

Great sleuthing - and smashing descriptions/reviews!! Way to go, girl!! (scuttles back to ponder other descriptions/reviews.....)

Ah, beautiful bird, did I tell you that I likelikelike (:wave: Taolady!) your style. All three samples reviewed, straight to the point and...wham - there she goes and sniffs out one correctly . Congrats!

Purplebird seems to place both A and B in the traditional ladies' scents realm - do the other blind sniffers agree?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Salutations everyone!
    Here goes - sample 'A' - I definitely agree with Sudsy and Lady in Black, that this scent has 'tea notes', though it is not my 'cup of tea' (haha) because I found it's evaporation rate on my wrist to be alcoholicy/aldehydee (poor grammar), though it did warm to a 'peppery' note. I am wondering if it is a masculine scent? It reminds me of a softer version of Gucci pour homme and is a little tobaccoish and animalic?
    Look forward to responses
    Smelly dolly xxxx

Post Thanks / Like

:wave: Congratulations purplebird7 ... very good!

So then we don't even have to smell our green "C"s now!

CLEVER LITTLE BIRDIE PURPLE BIRD - CONGRATS! Sample 'B' - gardenia, tuberose, petitgrain, pine, warming later to cloves, carnation or hyacinth?? A little like 4711 Muhlens?
    Love smelly dolly

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reviews, dear sniffers!

OK, back to sample A. No, it is not masculine and not Nanadebary Green; it is in the Directory, although under its old name. It has been relaunched in 2003 in new packaging and with a slightly different name, but there is not a single word about the relaunch in the Directory (personally I have never had a chance to test the old version!), neither are the notes listed, and I would suspect it is for men and women both.

What about A's drydown? Musky? Woody? Musty? Mossy? Perceptable at all?
    What gives it a green feel: green citrus, stems, roots, leaves, sweet grass, combination of them?
    How is the longevity?
    Does it produce any sillage ot sits close to skin?
    If you were to buy it, what would be your absolute max to pay for, say, 100 ml of EdT?
    Would you buy it at all (we all know there are some scents out there that we do not need even free)?
    Do you think you would enjoy the whole line of A, including shower gel and a lotion (they DO exist, I have seen them)?
    What are the situations where A seems appropriate: outdoors, office, romantic dinner, etc?

Some responses to your probing questions Twolf - I wouldn't wear 'A' for night myself, but can almost smell the hay in a Goldfields paddock on a pre-storm Autumnal day with the sweet after - smell of dry grass after rain.
    Longevity not great.
    Makes me feel a bit 'wild' like a humid windy day.

Post Thanks / Like

You certainly have a great nose, Purplebird. I fear I have a lot to live up to when it's my turn to do the sniffing!

Post Thanks / Like

"B" Mean N'Green thoughts:

Very pale golden yellow juice, not oily.
    Initially astringent, medicinal smell. I don't like it!
    There is something underneath the green, something like cloves that initially takes my breath away.
    Dry down is a bit soapy. It smells more male than female to my nose.
    I will insert a few guesses:
    L'Insolent by C.Jourdan
    Mania (original) by G.Armani
    Hugo by H.Boss
    As it dries it gets more and more creamy. It eventually mellows down into a delicate creamy lotion smell, but I'm still not that thrilled with it.
    There seems to be something interesting and complicated about it, even a smell I know but can't identify on the dry down.
    It's just not for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, everybody!
    Oh goody! At least my scent-memory has passed the test.
    O de Lancome is the only one of the three samples that I have smelled before.

Sorry, many sorries, that I revealed the identity of Sample C so quickly and ruined the guessing for the rest of you. I would have held off until everyone got to it, but (as you know) I don't know when I will get to use a PC next. I can't keep using the school PC.

Indiscreet: You are my only Chypre sniffer so far. (Where are my other volunteers?) You should get your samples in the mail this week (maybe next week due to Labor Day.) Don't worry--you probably will guess them. I title it: Three Chypres You Should Know. And by that, I mean everybody who loves perfume should make themselves familiar with these, because they represent what is good about the entire genre--since the genre is now being gutted by IFRA regulations.

Now, before I sign off for the day until ???, I will try to answer Twolf's questions:
    Sample A
    Drydown: I get an almost incensy drydown. It is airy, almost smoky. So I will guess it is cedar.
    Longevity: topnotes gone, entire fragrance shifts from fruity to woody, airy, possibly some type of chemical musk, but papery, not warm and animalic.
    Sillage: Light, airy
    Cost: Don't like it, wouldn't buy it.
    Situation: Home, outdoors, casual not romantic.

But what about that "apple" topnote?
    Last edited by purplebird7; 5th September 2007 at 02:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everybofy for sniffing and putting your thoughts on the screen. More hints: there is a word "Tea" in the name of fragrance A.

Personally I do not feel apple or lotus, but there is some chemical sweetness to it in the beginning, and we all know that these two notes are very hard to implement without making the fragrance too synthetic or too watery, and these two last qualities are obvious in A. Also not my favorite, but I use it in the summertime when I can't think of anything else lighter and airier for running errands and working in the garden. Seems like it is one of the House's bestseller, since their tangerine-based or juniper-based fragrances did not get re-launched.

Any wild guesses? Thoughts? Comments?

Aromatic morning to all,

Is it one of Elizabeth Arden's 'Tea' ranges? Possibly Spiced Green Tea?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I got all excited because WolfLady has allowed her 'drobe to be viewed again, and I snooped and saw Lily Prune Fizzy Tea (gotta love the name) and figured I was home free - 'til I read the reviews.

Oh well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Well, I got all excited because WolfLady has allowed her 'drobe to be viewed again, and I snooped and saw Lily Prune Fizzy Tea (gotta love the name) and figured I was home free - 'til I read the reviews.

Oh well.
    She was just taunting us

Post Thanks / Like

No correct guesses yet.

OK, guys, A, as you have possibly thought, is a mass market fragrance and is sold as a bodyspray in big 8oz. plastic bottles for around $7.00, available in the USA at every Kroger, Walgreen's and Walmart. Please pay attention next time you go grocery shopping!
    Last edited by Twolf; 6th September 2007 at 05:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well.... "in the USA at every Kroger, Walgreen's and Walmart."
    Hmmm....that sort of didn't help me Wolfie dear.

Post Thanks / Like

OT: What? There is no Walmart where you live?

Just kiddin', sorry. We do not shop at Wally World either! Anyhow, it is produced under Coty's umbrella, however the House exists in the Directory all by itself.

That leaves us with sample B as niche!

Post Thanks / Like

Is it the Green Tea line from the Healing Garden?

Post Thanks / Like

It is! The Healing Garden Green Tea Therapy which is listed in the Directory under The Healing Garden Green Teasensations is sample A. Congratulations to tdi for another one solved and thanks to everyone for your participation!

Thoughts about B?

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    It is! The Healing Garden Green Tea Therapy which is listed in the Directory under The Healing Garden Green Teasensations is sample A. Congratulations to tdi for another one solved and thanks to everyone for your participation!

Thoughts about B?
    I must have passed this by in CVS pharmacy a million times. I'm gonna sniff it next time I see it!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, please volunteer to be a sniffer in our Chypre round. I will bribe you with a decant of Green Tea Therapy. Please pm me your address!

Post Thanks / Like

The Healing Garden was the only mass market line I could think of from Wal Mart that was actually green and then the Juniper hint gave it away for me. I think I may have smelled it once but I typically don't wear body sprays ( waaaay too light and fresh for me! I can't wait to find out what A is!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tdi View Post
    The Healing Garden was the only mass market line I could think of from Wal Mart that was actually green and then the Juniper hint gave it away for me. I think I may have smelled it once but I typically don't wear body sprays ( waaaay too light and fresh for me! I can't wait to find out what A is!
    tdi - I think you mean 'B', right? Isn't A = The Healing Garden?

Post Thanks / Like

I think so too! Congratulations, tdi.

A -- The Healing Garden Green Tea Therapy
    B -- ??????? (niche and a favorite on BN)
    C -- O de Lancome.

Now back to our sniffers and to sample B. More descriptions are needed please.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    tdi - I think you mean 'B', right? Isn't A = The Healing Garden?
    Yes. Thank you Mike, I don't want to confuse anyone

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, congratulations mikeperez23!
    Good job. I'm always disappointed with the frags at Walmart/Walgreens. I never sniff them anymore.
    So, B is a Basenotes favorite? Cool. I loved it, too.

I am sticking with my assertion that B is spicy and that it has patchouli and/or sandalwood. Twolf, are any of these statements correct?

Yesterday, at my son's school, as I began reading the 3x3 posts, I was forced to leave by students who needed the PC for school. (Can you imagine? The nerve of those first-graders.)

Today I had to range far and wide to find this PC to borrow.
    I hope I can get mine fixed before the Chypre round begins.
    However, incase I don't, I will reaveal the identities of my samples to Twolf and give her a list of notes so she can moderate the event.

mikeperez23, I can send a set of samples to Twolf if you decide to participate, and she can forward them to if you when you PM her your address.

Information for the Chypre Round
    In the event that I am unable to fix my computer, Twolf will have a backup copy of the names and notes in my samples.

I would like to stress one point: the list of notes in each fragrance will be the "official" list of notes provided by the fragrance companies. They are not notes independently analyzed by Osmoz, advertised by retailers, or guessed by users.

It is important to adhere to th official list of notes for Chypres because it shows the intent of the perfumer, not the opinion of the wearer. With Chypres, there is cross-over into other sub-cagegories: fruity, green, leathery, spicy, rosy, the new "pink."

Each person smells them differently! Oakmoss, vetiver and patchouli often compete with the labdanum, amber, musk, or sandalwood to produce a dry-wet, shart-sweet mixture that can be confusing when attempting to identify notes.

I will also include a list of "unofficial" notes that people have reported, but I wil clearly identify them as such.

If you guys guess my samples, please don't just stop the discussion. Instead, Twolf should post the list of official notes, and you should talk about what you smelled as opposed to what was listed.

This type of analysis is crucial to the future of Chypres because the IFRA is gutting this genre with its restrictions. Ask yourselves, as you smell these samples, are the notes that I am smelling important to the fragrance? In what way? What could be used to replace this aroma? How will it change the character of the Chypre genre altogether?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, thank you, purplebird7.

Back to sample B. Yes, ma'm, there is some woodiness in this scent and some certain bitterness too. I do not detect patchouli, and in general, the dryout is not very distinct on my skin, whilst the top green notes and middle floral notes (aha!) linger for hours and hours.

Seems like many BNers have it in their wardrobes and only 3 in their Wish Lists.

So, we are all looking for the dominant floral in B, right? So far we were able to identify linden, jasmine, orange blossom, gardenia, tuberose, and hyacinth there (see previous posts by Purplebird7 and smelly dolly), and according to the official notes only jasmine and hyacinth are there, however, one major floral note is missing. I bet you, once we are able to figure/smell this one note out, the name of the fragrance will dawn on you. Sort of like we had with orange blossom in Round One Sample C!

Please smell on! Sudsy where are you? I know you did not particularly like B, I know....
    Last edited by Twolf; 7th September 2007 at 07:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry TW but I've had a very rough night of it. Not good at all & now have developed a terribly sore throat & sinus congestion. I think I am now useless to you for at least a couple days. Again sorry and I am going back to bed.

Post Thanks / Like

hope you get better soon sudsy!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! Sudsy is incapacitated, and my computer is broken.
    And guess what?
    It is not a hard drive crash. It is worse.
    Motherborad failure.
    I pulled all the drives out, I pulled out the memory sticks, I yanked out the video, sound, and network cards, and it is still DEAD.

O.K. I'll do the best I can before I get kicked off another borrowed computer.

You say the two florals are jasmine and hyacinth.
    The Basenotes directory lists 21 fragrances with these two notes occurring together:
    Sung Spa Alfred Sung 1992
    Havana Aramis 1994
    Foxfire Avon 1980
    Ophelia Avon 1985
    Iola Avon 1987
    Colors de Benetton Benetton 1987
    Violetta di Parma Borsari 1870
    Bouquet di Violette Borsari 1890
    No. 19 Chanel 1971
    Cristalle Eau de Parfum Chanel 1993
    Chloé Chloé 1975
    Amérique Courrèges 1974
    China Rose Floris 2000
    Étoile du Sud Fragonard
    Brindille Galimard
    Rafting Galimard
    Giò Giorgio Armani 1992
    Acqua di Giò Giorgio Armani 1995
    Gwen Stefani L Gwen Stefani 2007
    Ciel Mon Jardin Le Prince Jardinier
    Fracas

I bet its not any Avon scent if all the Basenoters love it. I don't recognize it as No. 19 or Cristalle. It doubt it is China Rose because I don't smell dominant rose. The Borsaris are both violette fragrances, but I don't smell violet. Neither Gio nor Aqua de Gio have any spice. That leaves Fracas or Chloe, both of which are listed as floral-orange scents, neither as green fragrances, and they also lack spices. That leaves Havana, which is an Oriental/Spicy with cinnamon and basil. Is that it?
    --------------------------------------
    NAH, I went back and smelled it, that can't be what it is.
    Is it even on this list?
    Last edited by purplebird7; 9th September 2007 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jillsy ... both my DH & I are ragged. Can't taste anything, can't smell anything, feel like something that crawled out from under something!

Where's that smellydolly with her good sniffer?

I would have made a guess of the frag being China Rose by Floris as it's got the jasmine & hyacinth that TW mentioned and the clove that I definitely smelled (when I could smell), but I see it's on PB7's list also.

Will keep looking! Can't smell but can look.

Post Thanks / Like

That's one heck of an effort, purplebird7! But we have to sniff out another floral note, remember?

Not British, was first released in the 1980's but do not have a typical 80's attitude. Niche and in my collection. Oh yeah, and green, how could I forget? First wet green leaves and stems, very spring-y.

Post Thanks / Like

Another wild stab - Eau de Camille

Post Thanks / Like

Them wildest stabs are the best! You got it, Sudsy, it is Eau de Camille by Annick Goutal (1983), with a good longevity for an EdT and for Annick Goutal. And the mystery floral note was, of course, honeysuckle!!! There are two threads about Annick Goutal fragrances on this page alone, so please scroll down for more.

So you guys tried three different greens: green tea, green floral and green chypre. I know something from Estee Lauder (Aliage, Private Collection) or Clinique (Aromatics Elixir, Wrappings) or even Chanel #19, Jacomo Silences or Elizabeth Arden Green Tea would be more obvious, but these three are not that widely known and, honestly, they are not the worst possible representatives of the genre, so I thought it would be a good educational experience to introduce and re-introduce these three. This round is over and thanks to everybody for your interest, patience and participation. Purplebird7 gets a standing ovation because despite all her PC troubles she was with us, and poor Sudsy gets a feather in her hat because even without the sense of smell she was able to figure out the identity of sample B. Thank you, sniffers!

Can't wait to start posting my impressions for the Orientals round, I started sniffing last Saturday!
    Last edited by Twolf; 9th September 2007 at 06:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

OMG Sudsy, that was fabulous.
    I was going to take one last wild guess too and say Jacinthe des Bois and name tulip as the unknown floral. It wasn't quite right, but it does have some similiarity IMO.
    I have to but them both on my wish list. How beautiful.

Thanks for the kudos for my my effort to keep up. It was just too much fun to miss.
    It's a bit embarrassing fighting with little kids and senior citizens over public PCs.
    Chypre sniffers, remember, Twolf has the backup list.
    Bring on the Orientals!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool ... I am happy to have guessed the "B" Mean N'Green frag, but also sad that I don't like it more.
    I have been longing to try it & hoped I would love it.

Twolf, do we know what the concentration on the "C" frag (Ô de Lancôme) is please? You know me and my record keeping fixation!

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with purplebird7 about the similarity between Eau de Camille and Jacinthe des Bois! They are not exactly the same, but united by the ringing crystal bell note -- clear, cool, slightly bitter, and while in Jacinthe it stays pretty much the same dirung the whole duration, in Camille it warms up some, giving way to woodyness and creamyness that our sniffers noted!

O de Lancome is in EdT concentration and manufactured in 1996.