Thread: Florence, Italy

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

Thumbs up Florence, Italy

FRAGRANZE N. 5
    14.15.16 september 2007

Giardino di Palazzo Corsini
    via della Scala 115 - Firenze

HOURS: from 10 am to 7 pm
    ENTRANCE: 14.15.16 September free admission for members of the trade (Saturday 15th: also open for the general public, admission 10 euro)

FROM 14 TO 16 SEPTEMBER,
    THE GARDENS OF PALAZZO CORSINI IN FLORENCE WILL HOST FRAGRANZE N.5:
    TIMELESS PERFUMES, THE MOST EXCLUSIVE ESSENCES, THE GREAT LEADERS IN ARTISTIC PERFUME-MAKING

From 14 to 16 September 2007, in the Gardens of Palazzo Corsini, Pitti Immagine presents the fifth edition of Fragranze, the only event of its kind in Europe dedicated to the world of artistic and selective perfume-making.

THE EVENT
    One of the most beautiful gardens in Florence will be the stage for the most exclusive fragrance, timeless perfumes, research on cosmetic specialties, body-care and wellness products and perfumed accessories. Exceptionally high, artisan quality, sophisticated items and unique products from the world’s biggest names.
    Fragranze is the meeting point for the most advanced, creative and niche fragrance market (there were over 1,000 visitors at the last edition). It is the event that selects and showcases the latest and most interesting products the industry has to offer, and it’s a workshop-laboratory that researches products that are complementary to and coherent with perfumery.
    During Fragranze Florence, the place where modern perfume-making was born, the place where the wealth of monumental and botanical gardens combines with the unique nature of its artisan workshops, will be valorizing its traditions and projecting them into the future proclaiming itself at the international capital of creative perfume-making.

THE BRANDS
    Of the over 100 brands at this edition, we can mention: Abahna, Aqaba, Casaroma, Clive Christian, Crabtree & Evelyn, Diptyque, Creed, E. Marinella, Floris, Il Profumo, La Maison de la Vanille, Laura Tonatto, Le Prince Jardinier, Lorenzo Villoresi, Maitre Parfumier et Gantier, Menard, Nougat, Penhaligon's, Profumi di Pantelleria, Robert Piguet-Bahgari e The Laundress.

THE NEW FORMAT
    The new staging concept was designed by Sergio Colantuoni, stylist and fashion editor for important international fashion and lifestyle magazines. The products will be displayed in an elegant and imaginary store of the future projected back to the 1940’s. It will be a tour of elegant “couture-parfumeur” windows, framed in stuccowork, lights and floral arrangements, and then a huge, magical room that will host Meeting-Parfume and Risto-Parfume with different atmospheres bonded together by a special alchemy.

EVENTS, INFORMATION ENTERTAINMENT
    The three days of Fragranze will feature a program of events that combines information and entertainment: projects, exhibitions and presentations organized by Pitti Immagine and the exhibitors will turn the spotlights on the international leaders in artistic perfume-making and contemporary life-style and wellness culture. The various initiatives scheduled for this edition include a special installation-journey through 7 areas dedicated to the 7 basic fragrance classifications, and a photographic exhibition which takes a look at the personal idea of beauty of perfume-wearers, realized through images taken by young Italian photographers.

OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
    This edition, too, of Fragranze will be open to the public for one day. On SATURDAY 15 SEPTEMBER, all fragrance enthusiasts will be able to enter this fascinating world to learn about the exclusive products and to participate in the events and become closely acquainted with modern olfactory culture

Exhibitors list update 09/03/2007

ABAHNA www.europeanetwork.com
    ACCORD PARFAIT www.kaon.it
    ACQUA DI BIELLA
    AESOP www.intertradeurope.com
    AMOUAGE
    ANDREE PUTMAN www.herbarium.it
    ANNICK GOUTAL www.dispar.it
    ANTONIO DE CURTIS
    AQABA www.dispar.it
    AROMATIQUE www.herbarium.it
    LA BASE www.cale.it
    BIO-COL www.finmark.it
    BOND NO.9 www.intertradeurope.com
    BORLIND www.herbarium.it
    CAMPOS DE IBIZA
    CARTHUSIA www.intertradeurope.com
    CASAROMA www.casaroma-op.it
    CELLEX-C www.finmark.it
    CLIVE CHRISTIAN www.herbarium.it
    CREED www.cale.it
    LA COMPAGNIE DE PROVENCE www.olfattorio.it
    COMPTOIR SUD PACIFIQUE www.olfattorio.it
    COSTIERA
    E.COUDRAY www.olfattorio.it
    COUTO www.herbarium.it
    CRABTREE & EVELYN www.beautysan.net
    CREED www.cale.it
    CZECH AND SPEAKE www.intertradeurope.com
    DETAILLE 1905 www.olfattorio.it
    D'ORSAY www.cale.it
    DRESDNER ESSENZ
    DIPTYQUE www.olfattorio.it
    E.MARINELLA
    EAU D'ITALIE www.kaon.it
    KEIKO MECHERI / EDITO, LLC
    ERNO LASZLO www.finmark.it
    ESTEBAN www.herbarium.it
    FAUCHON www.herbarium.it
    FLORIS www.cale.it
    FRAGONARD www.kaon.it
    GEORGE FEGHALY
    GLO MINERALS www.tekmind.it
    D.R. HARRIS www.cale.it
    HISTOIRE DE PARFUMS
    IL PROFUMO www.ilprofumoshop.com
    INSTITUT TRES BIEN www.kaon.it
    INSTITUT DU KARITE' www. kaon.it
    JANE IREDALE-MINERAL COSMETICS www.intertradeurope.com
    ISOTTA FRASCHINI
    JORIS www.herbarium.it
    KENT www.cale.it
    KNIZE www.cale.it
    LA MAISON DE LA VANILLE
    L'ARTISAN PARFUMEUR www.olfattorio.it
    LES PARFUMES DE ROSINE www.olfattorio.it
    LE PRINCE JARDINIER www.kaon.it
    T.LECLERC www.olfattorio.it
    LES PARFUMS CLASSIQUES DE CARON www.dispar.it
    LINARI www.kaon.it
    LORENZO VILLORESI www.lorenzovilloresi.it
    LUBIN www.lubin-parfum.fr
    MAITRE PARFUMEUR ET GANTIER
    MAITRES TAILLEURS PARIS
    MANUEL CANOVAS www.beautysan.net
    MARIA AMALIA
    MARK BIRLEY www.dispar.it
    MENARD www.finmark.it
    MILLER ET BERTAUX www.kaon.it
    MILLER HARRIS www.herbarium.it
    MONTALE-PARIS
    NASOMATTO www.intertradeurope.com
    NOUGAT BODY TO HOME www.nobile1942.it
    OLIO DI JOJOBA
    OPALIS
    PARFUMES L.T. PIVER www.olfattorio.it
    PARFUM D'EMPIRE www.finmark.it
    PARFUM DEL RAE
    PARKS LONDON
    PATYKA 1922
    PAUL NIEHANS www.kaon.it
    PECKSNIFF'S www.kaon.it
    PENHALIGON'S www.olfattorio.it
    N.V. PERRICONE COSMECEUTICALS www.nvperricone.it
    PIAZZETTA DI PORTOFINO
    PIERRE FRAPIN www.nobile1942.it
    RITUEL DE VITALITE' www.ritueldevitalite.com
    ROBERT PIGUET - FRACAS
    ROBERT PIGUET - BANDIT
    ROBERT PIGUET - BAHGARI
    PLISSON www.herbarium.it
    PROFUMI DI PANTELLERIA www.cale.it
    RIGAUD www.cale.it
    ROYALL BERMUDA FRAGRANCE COMPANY
    SABOARA PORTUGUEZA
    SKINTECH BY GIL BRICE
    LIGNE ST. BARTH www.beautysan.net
    SWEDISH BEAUTY www.tekmind.it
    TANN ROKKA www.herbarium.it
    TAULETO - Sangiovese www.tauletowinefragrance.com
    TAYLOR OF OLD BOND STREET www.cale.it
    THE DIFFERENT COMPANY
    THE LAUNDRESS www.europeanetwork.com
    TIMOTHY OF ST. LOUIS www.cale.it
    LAURA TONATTO www.lauratonatto.com
    TRUEFITT AND HILL www.cale.it
    VALMONT www.dispar.it
    VENTILO www.kaon.it
    ZUMA - PROFUMI DI SICILIA
    Last edited by nyneve; 3rd September 2007 at 05:03 PM. Reason: traslation
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Default Re: Florence, Italy

The event above is over now so should perhaps be removed?

I'm in Florence right now and found a great little boutique called Olfattorio at Via de Tornabuoni 6. Diptyque, Coudray, The Different Company, Parfums de Rosine and more.
    Great and friendly shop.

I like l'olfattorio too. Keep the cones with the sprayed fragrances. They're plasticky outside and the smell keeps for a very long time.

cacio

I hope this can help

Offinica Profumo Farmaceutica Santa Maria Novella (3 Flagship Stores in florence)
    Via Reginaldo Giuliani 71 Firenze
    Via Della Scala 13 Firenze
    Via Giuliani 141 Firenze

Farmacia SS Annunziata (Flagship Store)
    Via Dei Servi 80/r Firenze

Elisir
    Borgo degli Albizi 71/r firenze

Clive Christian, Bond N.9, Byredo, Montale, Nasomatto, Boadicea The Victorious, Carthusia, Montale, Lorenzo Villoresi, Floris, I Profumi Del Forte, Miller Harris, Maitre Parfumeur Et Grantier, Czech & Speake, Morgane Le Fay, Creed, Esteban, Keiko Mecheri, Blood Concept, Andrea Maack, Seven New York Six Scents, etc. etc.

L'O Profumo
    Via Pietrapiana 44/r Firenze

Etat Libre d'Orange, Creed, Knize, Mark Buxton, Mathias, Calè Fragranze D'Autore, Humiecki and Graef, Laura Tonatto, Acqua Di Genova, Floris, Les Nez, D'Orsay, Robert Piguet, Biehl Parfumkunstwerke. Geo F. Trumper, Washington Tremlett, Clive Christian, Olfactive Studio, Juliet Has A Gun, Tauer etc. etc.

Erboristeria Inglese
    Via De Tornabuoni 19 Firenze

Edition Parfums Frederic Malle (the only retailer in Tuscany), Annick Goutal, Serge Lutens, Lalique, Costes and much more

L'Olfattorio
    Via De' Tornabuoni 6/r Firenze

Diptyque, L'Artisan Parfumeur, Aesop, Penhalingon's, The Different Company, Le Parfums De Rosine, Comptoir Sud Pacifique, Honorè Des Près.

Profumerie Aline
    Via Vacchereccia 11/r Firenze

If you can stand the staff brutal rudeness they have Etro, Caron, Lolita Lempicka, Acqua Di Parma, Tom Ford (everything), Lalique, Estee Lauder, Jean Patou.

Profumeria Antonella
    Piazza Dalmazia Firenze

Montale, Juliet Has A Gun, Il Profumo, Etat Libre d'Orange

Trompe L'Oeil
    Borgo San Iacopo Firenze

Heeley, Robert Piguet, Testa Maura

Chanel
    Piazza della signoria, Firenze

Les Exclusifs

Guya
    Via Por Santa Maria 76/r Firenze
    Via Calimala 29/r Firenze

A fashion store that carries everything from the Comme Des Gracons perfumes Range

Raspini
    Via Roma 25, Firenze

Designers cloths shop that carries Histoires De Parfums.

Dr Vranjes (2 flagship stores)
    Via San Gallo 63 R Firenze
    Via della Spada 9/R Firenze

Antica Sartoria Guido Sacchi
    Via Marconi 19/r, Firenze

Sartorial shop that carries Profumum

Profumeria Inglese
    Via Tornabuoni 97/r, Firenze

They're not among the most friendly around but they've an huge selection of designer fragrances (including some hard to find stuff) plus Cabochard, Knize, Crabtree & Evelyn, Annick Goutal, Acqua Di Parma, Lalique, Creed, Floris, Penhaligon's
    Last edited by alfarom; 30th October 2011 at 10:24 AM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

The cones are great. More places should use them. I'm surprised they havn't caught on.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Great list, Alfarom! I'm in Florence right now and had just gone & 'paid my respects' at the Santa Maria Novella flagship store off via della Scalla. Have yet to pick an SMN fragrance so recommendations would be appreciated. I tried the Lavanda Imperiale, SMN, Patchouli, Sandalo n Iris. Good stuff but i want "100 ml-good". Anyway wifey n I will be here for the nxt 3 days so we (more like 'I' rather) will be sniffing around for other Italian names..

Diamondflame:
    have fun in Florence. I'll be in Tuscany soon too.

SMN: Nostalgia has a wonderful, strong rubber-leather note, unfortunately not very persistent. Acqua di Cuba is an over the top sweet tobacco. Citta' di Kyoto a leather-wood. And hedonist and alfarom have been suggesting Ottone, that I haven't tried.

Do not forget other products. I especially like the Carta d'armenia (perfumed paper), and some soaps (melograno, tabacco toscano). The cartine per preservare la lana (anti-moth) have a perfume that's a shocking blast (given the purpose). I would recommend also the sweet liqueurs like Alkermes or Liquore mediceo, that are not available in the US.

cacio

Diamondflame that's a shame...I was in Florence yesterday

Here are a few suggestions you might want to check...

Ottone (this is an extremely limited edition made to celebrate the 400 years of the house. It's an AMAZING fougere with a remarkable incensey note. Very complex and $$$$$$$$ pricey)
    La Marescialla and Peau D'Espagne (two well crafted classic leather compositions from 1828 and 1901. Solid stuff)
    Colonia Russa and Acqua Di Colonia (names say it all. Respectively from 1913 and 1533)
    Fieno (which means "hay" from 1886. Very very nice herbal citrus)

have fun...((((hugs))))

Hi Diamondflame, Lucky you!

If you don't mind I will agree with Cacio and suggest that you try some other SMN products as well as the fragrances. I bang on about these a lot. For your wife (and you if you like) I can't recommend their simple Flower Waters highly enough. The Rose Water is beautiful to freshen the complexion every morning. It can be used in other ways too. The Acqua Di Fior D'Arancio (Orange Flower Water) is fantastic on your bed linen. The bath salts (pefumed with Melograno) are lovely, as is the Alghe Marine Bath and shower gel. They have the most lovely Body Milk, with Rose and Gardenia, second to none, cool and refreshing, and a great body lotion called "Relax". Oh and lots and lots more. Trust me, I know these products well.

We go to Italy quite a bit. If we go for a few days on a Budget Airline my partner always just wants to take a cabin bag but I have to check in a half empty suitcase too because I know that I will stock up with these products!! He just shakes his head! Everyone loves me at Xmas!!

Oh and there is the Pot Pourri, and the Teracotta Pomegranate for the home, and the Iris Powder toothpaste (honest), and...and...and

Have fun!

Oh, and don't let the SA's put you off, they are formal and a bit aloof. A girl who used to work there told me that they are trained to be like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Oh, and don't let the SA's put you off, they are formal and a bit aloof. A girl who used to work there told me that they are trained to be like that.
    Oh My God! That's so true! There's a guy working at the Via Della Scala store who doesn't even look you in the eyes...he's cold and so formal that turns to be almost ridiculous I kinda like him

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Alfarom, you're in Florence yesterday?? Gosh! We just missed each other then. But we were out of the city at the designer outlets in the afternoon. Not really my thing but hey i gotta keep the missus happy so I get to spend hours at the perfume shops.  So sorry I couldn't make prior arrangements to meet in Italy as we were in the midst of moving right after the wedding, it was a bit of a rush. We were in Rome from 2nd to 5th Dec and will stay in Florence till 10 before travelling up to Venice and then Milan on the 12. Any BNers in Milan?

Cacio, thanks for the heads up (We were out in Siena, Tuscany today btw ). I didnt see Ottone at the della scala store but I'd like to try the soaps and lotions. My dear Foustie, I will let the missus look at your recommendations as you certainly are a fan of SMN products. 

I LOVE Italy!!!

You should have told me. I lived in Rome for 5 years and know the city pretty well, there are a LOT of amazing non-turistic places to visit there...and a lot of great perfume shops too... Hope you enjoyed it. Follow my suggestion: when you''ll be in Venice leave your credit card at the hotel. Don't buy anything!!! Everything you'll see in Venice you can get it at 1/5 the price anywherelse

Drop by 10 Corso Como in Milan, if you can (Club 21 Italian style), their house perfume is great. And the Duomo of course, breathtakingly beautiful.

Thanks again to alfarom for the really great list. Was in Florence today.

I was particularly impressed by L'O Profumo. The lady there, who also composes some perfumes, is very knowledgeable. But the great thing for me was that it had very many niche that I find hard to find in the us and that I have never smelled. Among the many, Tauer (finally purchased LADDM), the whole collection of Knizes, manoumalia, LM, Cale, and many more I had not even heard of. Possibly, because of the brand choice, the best smelling experience in Italy.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Thanks again to alfarom for the really great list. Was in Florence today.

I was particularly impressed by L'O Profumo. The lady there, who also composes some perfumes, is very knowledgeable. But the great thing for me was that it had very many niche that I find hard to find in the us and that I have never smelled. Among the many, Tauer (finally purchased LADDM), the whole collection of Knizes, manoumalia, LM, Cale, and many more I had not even heard of. Possibly, because of the brand choice, the best smelling experience in Italy.

cacio
    Cacio I'm soooo glad L'O Profumo was a good experience for you. The lady (Rossella) is AMAZING. She's a perfumeur, her father was a perfumeur, her grandfather was a parfumeur. She's not just knowleadgeable, she's one of the most patient, generous and honest people I've met in the industry. I'm quite of a big customer of her and she always knows how to reward me. She just gifted me for Christmas of one of her first creations (her 3rd one) called Luna originally released in 1995 in her former line called ELISIR. It was a very limited edition of just a hundred pieces. She immediately run out and decided to stop the production. She kept just three bottles for her own personal collection and the past week she gave me one as a totally unexpected gift. I felt so honoured and genuinely on the point of crying....

It's a magnificent woody/rose/oakmoss in EDP strength she created using her grandfather's original ingredients pre-IFRA restrictions, very classic and extremely solid composition. It used to come in a fancy crystal jar...

Here's a picture (the jar is a 200ml, just to give you an idea of the proportions):

If you just dropped me a line...we could have go together or, at least, I could have introduced you to her....what a pity!

Indeed, quite an experience. Next time you go, tell her that you introduced at least one new customer to their store (I bought LADDM and Kalos, and was the customer who smelled about 30 things and went in and out of the store several times to get a breath of fresh air).

cacio

Kalos? wow, great choice. Have you also tested their vetiver?

There's only one better store in italy when it comes to selection and courtesy: Campomarzio in Rome. The guys are just amazing and knowledgeable as Rossella but within their 3 stores they cover much more than Lucyscent/Scentbar or FirstInFragrance. They have an HUGE amount of niche brands plus high-end houses such as Grossmith, MDCI, Xerjoff, Caron (Haute Parfumerie), Puredistance, Acampora, designers exclusives, limited editions and most of all they have an incredible selection of obscure niche stuff. Really impressive.
    Last edited by alfarom; 15th December 2011 at 10:33 PM.

Alfa *gasp* I felt like crying just reading that story. What a lovely gift. I am sure that you will treasure it. The lady did not give you something so special just because you are a good customer, she must be very fond of you too. It looks beautiful.

Hiya Cacio, I really enjoyed reading your reports. I felt the joy!!!!!! Jealous, me? Nooooo. (Grrrr). Must try to get to Florence soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    The lady did not give you something so special just because you are a good customer, she must be very fond of you too. It looks beautiful.
    Most definitely Foustie. She's so sweet and I keep her in high regard. I've a lot to learn from her...today she let me test 4 new fragrances she's working on. They're all based on Robinia pseudoacacia (also known as the Black Locust) and flowers. They were all pretty much good but she said she will choose just one in the end...

alfarom:

well, then I did do as much as I could during this short trip, because I also went to Rome and stopped by the campomarzio store in via campomarzio. Smelled many things (including a few casamorati xerjoff). And Amouage attars (I should put this in a new thread though). Got Tribute finally there. but I had been there before, so the l'oprofumo was more fun this time.

And no, I have not tested their vetiver, beyond Kalos, I just the woody one and another more floral. next year ...

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    alfarom:

well, then I did do as much as I could during this short trip, because I also went to Rome and stopped by the campomarzio store in via campomarzio. Smelled many things (including a few casamorati xerjoff). And Amouage attars (I should put this in a new thread though). Got Tribute finally there. but I had been there before, so the l'oprofumo was more fun this time.

And no, I have not tested their vetiver, beyond Kalos, I just the woody one and another more floral. next year ...

cacio
    Good, I was there beginning of December. Next time make sure you go to the one in Via Vittoria. You'll be stunned (believe me)!!! In comparison their store at Via Di Campomarzio sells cheapos...

Diamondflame. SO...........did you get something nice in Italy? Will you let us know when you have time?

Yes please, let us know...

Did anyone visit FRAGRANZE? I'm planning to visit it this year for the 1st time and very curious about how is everything going on. Maybe someone can give its recommendations, tips or share its impressions. I will be appreciated so much!