Code of Conduct

Thread: Havana | Quorum

Default Havana | Quorum

How similar do basenoters feel these are?

I finally got a small sample of Havana. I kept thinking that I have smelled this before. Finally, it hit me - Quorum. Although not identical, now I am debating if $90 is worth it for 1.7 oz. of a frag that is in the same ballpark as a $19 bottle of Quorum at Marshalls.

Your thoughts?

Default Re: Havana | Quorum

Oh I think that Havana and Quorum are worlds apart. Quorum is very dry herbal tobacco scent. Havana is rich in spices with a under lying sweetness.

god, my nose needs so much work then!!!

Havana: rum, spices, tobacco; deep and complex

Quorum: tobacco on top of cloying -- tobacco's the only similarity I see there, and otherwise it's a stretch beyond stretches, IMHO.
    Just my two cents' worth.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 2nd September 2007 at 02:26 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Havana and Montana on the other hand are....fraternal (sp) twins....Havana is blue version Montana takes the herbie green route...both good!

I have to disagree with the replies here -- I find Quorum to be made up of several of the basenotes in Havana. I already had Havana, and when I got Quorum, it struck me how much it shares.

No - Quorum does not have the spice or complexity or balance of Havana. Quorum is also strong and has something (civet?) that Havana doesn't. To me, Quorum has only 4 or 5 component notes -- Havana has at least a dozen.

Since Havana is only in limited world-wide distribution, it's my hope that we can persuade a quality niche house (FM, Creed, C&S) to make a Havana clone -- they'd sell buckets.

Hope this helps.

I dont think they similar.
    They might have a similar kind of feel to them but the scents themselves are quite different.

Havana is light years ahead

If I was to compare the overall feel of Havana with another scent, it would be Sung Pour Homme.

I agree with the majority here that you're not going to get around shelling out those $90 for the real McCoy. Or perhaps you can let someone pick it up for you in South Africa for pretty nearly the Quorum price .
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I still dig Quorum big time though. Nothing wrong with that scent.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quorum was my near-exclusive scent from 1986-2000. I had bottles of Kourus (wife's favorite) and Tsar, but I always want back to the Q. All that seems so long ago now.

If I was privy to a sample of Havana and it smelled like Quorum, I'd probably laugh my butt off.
    Current Wardrobe: Terre d'Hermes (duh), Guerlain Vetiver, Bvlgari Aqua, Bvlgari Pour Homme, Mugler Cologne, Rochas Man, Green Irish Tweed