Code of Conduct

Default Alexander McQueen's Kingdom

So many of y'all make this sound like a dirty, dirty frag that now I really wanna either swap for a bottle or buy at least a decant. (I'm not sure I want to buy a full bottle yet.) Cumin notes don't bother me, but I want to know if this is a marketed-to-women scent that a guy can "pull off" or not. I like strong, animalic scents, and need a "dirty boy" or two to go alongside my Musc Ravageur and Monsieur Musk. So, what can you tell me about Kingdom? Be as frank as you want to be.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Alexander McQueen's Kingdom

I was very happy with my bottle purchase, but wearability is the thing here. Don't expect a light, casual fragrance for office wear. It's exactly the opposite.
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Post Thanks / Like

It's a little dirty, very sensual, but not animalic. It's edgier, dirtier, less of a comfort fragrance than Musc Ravageur which is basically just an spicy oriental with a little musk.

Kingdom's notes:

Bergamot, Mandarin, Neroli, Cumin essence, Rose, Jasmine, Ginger, Sandalwood, Copahu wood, Bourbon Vanilla, Myrrh, Musk.

Musc Ravageur isn't resolutely masculine by any means so I think you're ok with Kingdom. The EDP is much better. I don't find many orientals all that wearable and this one's no different.

If you want animalic, go for Muscs Koublaï Khän, or try something like Kama or Kama Extreme by Ava Luxe.

Civet, castoreum, ambergris and musk are the classic animalic notes, but costus and ambrette seed are also considered animal. Costus has a distinctly animal undertone. The odor has been compared to that of human hair, fur coats, and "wet dogs". It's extremely tenacious and used sparingly. Ambrette seed is smooth, rich, slightly sweet and musky all at once. It is also incredibly tenacious. A little goes a log way, and for the perfumer, it must be smelled imaginatively and dosed carefully. Muscs Koublaï Khän contains all of these ingredients.

Musc Koublaï Khän's notes:

Civet
    Castoreum
    Costus Roots
    Cistus Labdanum
    Ambergris
    Musks
    Ambrette seeds
    Patchouli
    Moroccan Rose
    Vanilla

Kama's notes:

Blend of musks
    Ambergris
    Civet
    Black Amber
    Labdanum
    Bulgarian Rose absolute

I haven't worn it much (I prefer it on my girlfriend), but I perceive Ava Luxe Rasa Extreme as being more animalic than both of these. It comes in edp and pure perfume concentrations. I've only worn/smelled sillage from the edp so I imagine the pure perfume is outrageous. The edp lasts a solid twelve hours plus and it's animalic bliss. The paragon of animal as far as I'm concerned.

Rasa Extreme's notes:

Indian Musk
    Kenya Musk
    Skin Musk
    Egyptian Musk
    Peruvian Balsam
    Ambergris
    Civet
    Orris Root
    Russian Rose
    Last edited by pluran; 4th September 2007 at 10:53 PM.

As Pluran already mentioned, it is a dirty but not animalic fragrance.And I think skin chemistry really matters with this one.
    I have a bottle of the EDP,wear it just one spritz on the back of my hand from time to time at home but once, I tried a full wearing and I definitely felt the fragrance was wearing me instead.It is a really strong fragrance.
    On the other hand I appreciate it on my wife.Just one helluva SEXY fragrance on her.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with all of the above comments.

I appreciate a well done cumin note (Rose Poivree for instance) but the Kingdom cumin note smells very...fleshy.

Kingdom is really the one of the few fragrances that I cannot wear around my boyfriend, since he hates it on me. I'm not saying this to scare you (hey, he also doesn't appreciate Garage by CdG or Cumming on me either), but just as a heads up. I rarely wear my decant, but when I do it's more of a 'novelty' scent for me. I think I told another Basenoter its the perfect scent to wear to a fetish party.

tvlampboy, you can totally 'pull this off' - however, you might end up not liking it. My advice: try before you buy.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Alexander McQueen's Kingdom

Kingdom is one of my favorite fall/winter fragrances and if you combine it with the Body Lotion, the fragrance can last on your body for days. It is dirty but it is extremely sexy and fairly Masculine, it actually smells as if you have just had dirty sex and didn't take a shower, something that men or women can relate to!

Post Thanks / Like

Kingdom is a staple of mine in all weather - I dont find it dirty. I just find it warm and comforting. I love every minute of it. At times when I wear it, I feel like it was made for me.

I actually feel pretty regal when I wear it - go figure.

Funny thing, this skin chemistry...
    "To be irreplaceable, one must always be different!" - Coco Chanel

visit: WWW.SNIFFAPALOOZAMAGAZINE.COM